Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Clip length during recording

Hi!

I want some way to record one of the lengths (2bar, 4bar, 8bar, 16 bar..) but decide it during the recording. Is it possible?

For example, i start recording using master count in quantization (this is ok), but sometimes i want to stop it on 4 bars, sometimes on 2 bars, sometimes on 16 bars. I want to define it on the fly without need different buttons for that. I have only one button on my midi controller to start and stop the recording. I was think on CC ON start the recording on master quantization, and on CC OFF finish the recording on the completion of current bar. Is that possible?

Also, how to set "next empty color on same group" as a target for recording?

On this way I can use only one midi command to record different colors in sequence on same group. And the length of each clip would be defined during recording.

Thanks! This app is amazing! :-)

Comments

• You haven’t said which app you are using.

• @michael_m said:
    You haven’t said which app you are using.

He posted in the Loopy Pro category.

• @espiegel123 said:

@michael_m said:
    You haven’t said which app you are using.

He posted in the Loopy Pro category.

An right - I’m so used to seeing app names in thread titles.

• @Danuco said:
    Hi!

I want some way to record one of the lengths (2bar, 4bar, 8bar, 16 bar..) but decide it during the recording. Is it possible?

For example, i start recording using master count in quantization (this is ok), but sometimes i want to stop it on 4 bars, sometimes on 2 bars, sometimes on 16 bars. I want to define it on the fly without need different buttons for that. I have only one button on my midi controller to start and stop the recording. I was think on CC ON start the recording on master quantization, and on CC OFF finish the recording on the completion of current bar. Is that possible?

Also, how to set "next empty color on same group" as a target for recording?

On this way I can use only one midi command to record different colors in sequence on same group. And the length of each clip would be defined during recording.

Thanks! This app is amazing! :-)

If you turn Auto Count Out off and set the Count-Out to Master, the count out will start when you tap. So, you will get a multiple of the master. For example, set the master to 4. Tap to record. If you tap again any time during the first four bars, the recording will end after the first four bars. If you tap after four bars but before 8 bars then, the recording will end after 8 bars.

If you have length quantization on, you can tap again once the count out has start to have the recoring terminate at the end of the current bar even if it isn't a multiple of the master.

• Thanks a lot, @espiegel123!!! This is perfect!

About my second question, is it possible to have something like "next empty color on same group" as a recording target?

• @Danuco said:
    Thanks a lot, @espiegel123!!! This is perfect!

About my second question, is it possible to have something like "next empty color on same group" as a recording target?

Not currently. I think that is planned for the future, though.

• Thanks a lot!