Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.5 and Holiday Season Sale available (ending Jan 9, 2023)

LFSLFS
edited December 2022 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

First of all I hope you and yours are well!

We are very glad to announce Cubasis' 10th birthday alongside the immediate release of Cubasis 3.5 which adds several new features and improvements.

Cubasis also joins Steinberg's Holiday Season Sale, which lets you grab the app at 40% off and all in-app purchases at 50% off from today until Jan 9, 2023.

Download Cubasis on the App Store

Below and attached please find out more details about the new features and the improvements added in this update.

We hope you like Cubasis 3.5!

Please support us by rating the app in the App Store!
Thanks in advance!

Enjoy being creative
& stay well,
Lars

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2022

NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Cubasis Hub: Load new or recent projects, or for browsing through templates, projects tutorials and more.
    • iOS Quick Actions: Make a long tap on the Cubasis app icon to immediately launch a new or the most recent project.
    • Drag & Drop Support: Drag & drop files from other iOS apps into Cubasis.
    • Metronome Sound Sets: Choose between 10 different metronome sound sets.
    • Bluetooth/AirPlay Revisited: Connect your external Bluetooth devices with ease.
    • Full iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 Support.
    • Mouse wheel and trackpad scrolling support on iOS.
    • New Mixdown option added to disable effects when creating stems and more.
    • New Setup option added to include the Undo history when sharing projects.
    • New Setup option to enable Metronome only while recording.
    • New setup option added which allows setting the MIDI Output Latency in positive and negative direction.
    • New setup option to show the grid on top of the events in the track list.
    • New setup option added which allows disabling long-tap to set locators to event.
    • New Setup option added to show or hide the iPadOS status bar.

STABILITY

• CBT-3392 Resolves a serious problem where recording an audio track could lead to rendering Cubasis unreliable.
    • CBT-3367 Resolves a problem where loading a project containing a side-chaining Audio Unit effect could render Cubasis unreliable.
    • CBT-3421 Fixes an issue where editing audio files with 2 GB or more in size could lead to an unjustified "Not enough free disk space" error.
    • CBT-3436 Fixes a rare crash that occurred when launching Cubasis.
    • CBT-2990 Using copy and paste between Cubasis projects no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.

ARRANGE WINDOW AND INSPECTOR

• CBT-3144 Fixes a serious issue, where imported projects opened with empty audio events in some cases.
    • CBT-3333 Fixes an issue where pitch-shifted events played back at wrong pitch in some cases.
    • CBT-3328 Time-stretched or pitch-shifted audio events randomly failed to play or played the wrong audio content.
    • CBT-3136 Solves an issue where double tapping an audio event while recording lead to empty audio event waveforms.
    • CBT-2329 Fixes a problem where tapping events in the Arrange Window opens the editors instead of selecting the events.
    • CBT-2561 Recording in cycle mode with auto quantize enabled no longer ignores the first note recorded.
    • CBT-3429 Muting a MIDI track during recording no longer results in an endless spinning wheel.
    • CBT-3008 Resolves a problem where tapping on an empty area in the notepad did not open the iOS keyboard allowing to enter text.
    • CBT-2835 Mute automation will no longer be processed during track freeze.
    • CBT-3043 Mute and solo states are now applied correctly when freezing tracks or creating separate files for tracks.
    • CBT-2241 Tapping on an empty area in select mode now properly deselects previously selected events.
    • CBT-1540 Global mute now works as expected when soloing individual tracks.
    • CBT-2044 Soloing and muting tracks inside of a group track now works as expected.
    • CBT-3407 Soloing of muted tracks that are located inside a group track now works as expected.
    • CBT-2242 The performance when selecting tracks has been improved.
    • CBT-3443 Fixes a graphical issue where the text of a closed instrument browser is visible in the Multi-out Audio Unit instances folder.

EDITORS AND AUTOMATION

• CBT-3415 Editing large audio files in the audio editor now works as expected.
    • CBT-3416 Fixes an issue where the audio editor was corrupted after reopening a project and reopening the same audio event as before.
    • CBT-1182 Drawing automation values now correctly overwrites existing values in grid off mode.
    • CBT-1208 Drawing parameter values in the MIDI editor now correctly overwrites existing values.
    • CBT-3147 Corrects a problem where deleting a send effect did not delete its send level automations.
    • CBT-1109 Overwriting filter automation now works as expected.
    • CBT-3002 MIDI editor tools have been extended for improved usability.
    • CBT-3111 The "Clear undo history" setup option now also deletes the audio editor's undo files.
    • CBT-3142 Opening an empty MIDI event now results in showing a sensible key range in the MIDI editor on a smartphone.
    • CBT-332 Solves an issue where the real-time time-stretch popup did not close when another view was being opened.
    • CBT-3230 Resolves a problem where doing edits in the audio editor could lead to flickering user interface issues.

BLUETOOTH

• CBT-2346 iOS: Resolves a problem where connecting a Bluetooth device changed the sample rate to 16 kHz.
    • CBT-2650 When disconnecting a Bluetooth device, starting the playback now works as expected.
    • CBT-1361 Resolves a rare issue, where using Bluetooth audio devices could lead to audio quality issues.
    • CBT-2338 iOS: Recording and monitoring now works as expected when a Bluetooth device is connected.

MISCELLANEOUS

• CBT-3146 Resolves a problem where MIDI track routing to insert effects was ignored during track freeze.
    • CBT-3373 Resolves a problem where Undo or Redo was triggered accidentally when playing a three note chord on iPadOS.
    • CBT-2910 Fixes the issue of flickering meters in the mixer at high audio latency values.
    • CBT-3318 The graphical layout of the keyboard shortcut list has been improved.
    • CBT-3408 Fixes a graphical issue in the MiniSampler where the Redo button was cut-off on smartphones.
    • CBT-2414 Fixes a cosmetic issue on iPhone where the Cubasis launch screen was displayed incorrectly.
    • CBT-3339 Resolves a cosmetic issue where the user interface of RoomWorks SE appeared corrupted in Phablet UI mode.
    • CBT-3271 Resolves a rare problem where connecting a multi-channel audio device resulted in silence.
    • CBT-3400 Cubasis LE: Audio routing is now properly stored and reloaded when relaunching the app.
  • Thank you. Looking forward to "Bluetooth Revisited" and always pleasing to see lots of bugs got fixed.

• On holiday with no iPad! What an update to miss <:0

• Mouse and trackpad scrolling lets gooooooo

• Awesome. Thanks team Cubasis!

• Thanks Cubasis!

Most features are not too useful (or useful at all) or relevant to me, but I’m sure that for other users this is a very beneficial update.

• Drag and drop works well with samplecrate… nice one!

• @god said:
    Thanks Cubasis!

Most features are not too useful (or useful at all) or relevant to me, but I’m sure that for other users this is a very beneficial update.

:D ; I've got the same feeling when reading the post at first… but, I'm happy with the new Cubasis hub ! Thanks to the team !

• @Gratouilli said:

@god said:
    Thanks Cubasis!

:D ; I've got the same feeling when reading the post at first… but, I'm happy with the new Cubasis hub ! Thanks to the team !

Quite an extensive fix list, I’m seeing this as a “quality of life” update so might take a while to appreciate the benefits?

• @MadGav said:

@Gratouilli said:

@god said:
    Thanks Cubasis!

Quite an extensive fix list, I’m seeing this as a “quality of life” update so might take a while to appreciate the benefits?

For sure! a lot of under-the-hood stuff in here.

• Yay, It’s got more Cowbell!!!

• Thanks Cubasis team for keeping the faith drag and drop at last. Nice to have trackpad support also.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    Mouse and trackpad scrolling lets gooooooo

Actually still no horizontal scrolling support?

• @Samu said:
    Yay, It’s got more Cowbell!!!

Lots off... ;)

• still no tempo track and key change

• Great to see continued development, thank you Steinberg

• @LFS thanks for adding trackpad support but it doesn’t work for scrubbing the arrange window horizontally! Is there a setting I can change to fix that? Also, dragging and dropping midi in from Suggester in slideover mode leads to an instant crash of Cubasis for me.

• # DRAG & DROP!!!!!!!!

From files app into Arranger!!!

• edited December 2022

Many thanks to the Cubasis team!

Although a small thing, but always annoying since many versions. After the first rename e.g. of a track or event the input field is empty at a further rename.
    @LFS Please provide in the next update. Can be only a trifle.

• @david_2017 said:

# DRAG & DROP!!!!!!!!

From files app into Arranger!!!

Does it work the other way around too?
    This would allow dragging from arranger to supported plug-ins too :sunglasses:
    I’ll try to check that later on…

• edited December 2022

Thanks for this nice update.

Just a minor complaint, is there a way to hide screen startup or at least the bottom strip with the video guy? When I load a music app I need and want immersion from start, those lower items are not good I will never use them, an option should be there to hide them.

• @LFS I do hope the plug-in and file search is planned for the next one?

And hopefully a new and improved sampler…

…kinda bummed that there are no new IAPs yet :sunglasses:

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2022

@Janosax said:

Just a minor complaint, is there a way to hide screen startup or at least the bottom strip with the video guy? When I load a music app I need and want immersion from start, those lower items are not good I will never use them, an option should be there to hide them.

Hi @Janosax,

It is not possible to hide the bottom strip of the new Hub.
    Please check out if the newly added Quick Actions will work out better for you instead:

1. Make a long tap on the "Cubasis" app icon.
    2. Choose "Create New Project" or "Open Recent Project" from the list.

It's also the quickest way to launch Cubasis with a new or the most recent project.

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Lars

• edited December 2022

@LFS Just for info but at the bottom of the Cubasis description in updates it references liking IC Pro.

• @LFS said:

@Janosax said:

Hi @Janosax,

It is not possible to hide the bottom strip of the new Hub.
    Please check out if the newly added Quick Actions will work out better for you instead:

1. Make a long tap on the "Cubasis" app icon.
    2. Choose "Create New Project" or "Open Recent Project" from the list.

It's also the quickest way to launch Cubasis with a new or the most recent project.

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Lars

Thanks for answer, so please consider this hide option for a future update :)

• Drag and drop audio files from Files or other apps to arrange is a huge one! Look forward to testing this out. Many thanks!

• Thanks @LFS and the team!

Drag and drop audio works great! it also solves my niggle with the old audio files import, where it would import to the root, not your current selected folder, meaning you then had to move them to your destination.

Quite a good selection of improvements for me

CBT-3392 Resolves a serious problem where recording an audio track could lead to rendering Cubasis unreliable.

It used to crash after a while (8-9 loops) when recording audio in loop mode, this seems to be fixed :)

CBT-1540 Global mute now works as expected when soloing individual tracks.

This used to drive me crazy.

CBT-1182 Drawing automation values now correctly overwrites existing values in grid off mode.

Yay! Perfecting smooth slides and making small adjustments without deleting and redrawing from scratch means I won’t dread interacting with the automation editor (as much :)

• How does drag and drop work from the files app? Do I need a split screen or something?

• @BillS said:
    How does drag and drop work from the files app? Do I need a split screen or something?

Slide Over mode works, you can also initiate the drag from any app that supports drag'n'drop and the switch over to Cubasis and drop the file.

It takes a little two-handed finger gymnastics but can be done.
    (ie. tap'n'hold the file with one finger and swap the apps with the other).

I would don't dare to use Drag'n'Drop one handed. It's just well, too much one-hand finger gymnastics for me.

I've yet to check of system Copy & Paste works. That way you should be able to just copy the file in Files.app and then paste it into the Cubasis project. This would be the only sensible way to do it on the iPhone as with limited space the drahg'n'drop operations can become quite wonky.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Mouse and trackpad scrolling lets gooooooo

Actually still no horizontal scrolling support?

Hi @YZJustDatGuy,

This is currently not supported and might not be possible shortly/mid-term as well unfortunately.

Best,
    Lars