Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FLUSS question I asked in other threads without reply before starting this thread for same question.

edited December 2022 in App Tips and Tricks

Who could use a record function?

And independent control over each grain (unless I'm missing something). Hmm maybe tutorial time. Anything out there around 10 minutes?

Comments

• edited December 2022

I'd love record in standalone for a quick play with my phone, but I can see why Bram would be hesitant to add it, especially after all the issues he ran into with Gauss standalone (input selection across different iOS versions and devices, low input gain, etc.). I would've loved record in Hammerhead as well.

Edit: sorry, I thought that you meant standalone, never mind.

• Shortest vid I could find

• To use use record function place Fluss record version in second slot of an audio channel. Put above any instrument and hook that up to midi or a keyboard. Press record on fluss when an audio signal is coming through and heypresto you have a recording.

• @Ailerom said:
    Who could use a record function?

And independent control over each grain (unless I'm missing something). Hmm maybe tutorial time. Anything out there around 10 minutes?

You should watch a vid or read the manual lol. It has a record function. For this you load the recorder auv3 rather than the processor, as an fx unit. It doesn't have control over each grain, in terms of being able to tap where each grain lies on the wav / buffer. I also find this a limitation that could be easily remedied. The easiest way to implement it without messing with the UI too much would be to tap on a grain colour (top left), then tap on the wav / buffer to assign that colour grain to a particular place. Currently any tap will assign all grains to that place. The workaround is to use 3 separate instances...

• @Grandbear said:
    I'd love record in standalone for a quick play with my phone, but I can see why Bram would be hesitant to add it, especially after all the issues he ran into with Gauss standalone (input selection across different iOS versions and devices, low input gain, etc.). I would've loved record in Hammerhead as well.

You got it. Standalone version.

• Also btw... Why on earth did you create a new thread for this @Ailerom - there are already far more threads than there should be πŸ˜‚

• @Gavinski said:
    Also btw... Why on earth did you create a new thread for this @Ailerom - there are already far more threads than there should be πŸ˜‚

Is Fluss the new Drambo?

• @Gavinski said:
    Also btw... Why on earth did you create a new thread for this @Ailerom - there are already far more threads than there should be πŸ˜‚

I posted in one of the others and there was no response. Is that ok or should I start another thread to beg for mercy?

• @Ailerom said:

@Gavinski said:

I posted in one of the others and there was no response. Is that ok or should I start another thread to beg for mercy?

On yer knees boy! lol

• @Ailerom said:

@Gavinski said:

I mean, your thread title could use some work. No indication that it’s a question, as opposed to another general thread about the app.

• @Ailerom said:

@Grandbear said:

Ooh ok, then my comment still stands :smile:

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Gavinski said:

I mean, your thread title could use some work. No indication that it’s a question, as opposed to another general thread about the app.

Done. Off to flail myself.

• @Grandbear said:

@Ailerom said:

@Grandbear said:

Ooh ok, then my comment still stands :smile:

You are a Grand Bear indeed.

• @Ailerom said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Gavinski said:

Good work! B)

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Gavinski said:

Good work! B)

I'm back. It was actually quite enjoyable.

• edited December 2022

@Ailerom said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Gavinski said:

Good work! B)

Always good to discover a new hobby.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Gavinski said:

Good work! B)

Not for me. I haven't enough time for what I want. I even stopped doing some of the things that were good for me. The last thing I need is a new hobby.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Ailerom said:

@Gavinski said:

Good work! B)

Not for me. I haven't enough time for what I want. I even stopped doing some of the things that were good for me. The last thing I need is a new hobby.