Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Toneboosters app icons poll

We'd very much appreciate your input on this question!

TB currently has a very consistent set of icons across all apps and auv3s and would like to see if there is interest to have more differentiation between apps?

TB icon design
  1. Would you like to see more differentiation across TB app icons?77 votes
    1. Yes, I want different TB icons for every TB plug-in
      64.94%
    2. No, please keep them similar so I can easily recognise TB apps
      32.47%
    3. Something else (please specify in the comments)
        2.60%

Comments

• I know a few apps that let the user choose which icon the app should use.
    This could be a preference setting in each of the TB apps, ie. use 'Generic' or 'Customized' Icon?

I prefer the same style for TB app 'category' icons as the lists would just look messy if each app had a different icon.
    And yes, I've got ALL the TB apps that have been released so far.

As FlowTones is currently the only Instrument it doesn't matter that much that it's got a unique icon.
    It's in a separate 'list' in most hosts anyway.

Cheers!

• edited December 2022

Something like FAC apps is the best. Same colors and basic design but some differences to help creating identity to the app and recognize it in an AUV3 list.

• Keeping the "TB" in front of every name is important for locating the plugins when looking at a huge list of plugins during production. Being able to search and use these apps quickly is always important.

If there is any variation, I'd just vary the colors of the logos (but not the icon shape). Icon consistency is a benefit, not a negative.

• @Samu said:
    I know a few apps that let the user choose which icon the app should use.
    This could be a preference setting in each of the TB apps, ie. use 'Generic' or 'Customized' Icon?

I prefer the same style for TB app 'category' icons as the lists would just look messy if each app had a different icon.
    And yes, I've got ALL the TB apps that have been released so far.

As FlowTones is currently the only Instrument it doesn't matter that much that it's got a unique icon.
    It's in a separate 'list' in most hosts anyway.

Cheers!

I agree about the Flowtones icon variant. Doesn't bother me since it's a synth and not an effect.

• Keeping the icons similar (but using a smaller TB logo maybe) and making them more distingiushable from each other by increasing the text size a bit would be enough for my taste.

Alternatively, a simplified visual sketch of what the plugin does would help navigate more easily in a plugin-laden setup (AUM, Drambo etc)

• @rs2000 said:
    Keeping the icons similar (but using a smaller TB logo maybe) and making them more distingiushable from each other by increasing the text size a bit would be enough for my taste.

Alternatively, a simplified visual sketch of what the plugin does would help navigate more easily in a plugin-laden setup (AUM, Drambo etc)

Do you search for your plugins by appearance or name (or perhaps it's a combination of both)?

I like to see all of my same-developer apps grouped together.

• edited December 2022

@NeuM said:

@rs2000 said:
    Keeping the icons similar (but using a smaller TB logo maybe) and making them more distingiushable from each other by increasing the text size a bit would be enough for my taste.

Do you search for your plugins by appearance or name (or perhaps it's a combination of both)?

I search for them by name but once loaded, I can only see their icons.
    In AUM at least (Drambo will show the plugin name in the module header)

• Differentiated enough but still on brand.

• @rs2000 said:

@NeuM said:

@rs2000 said:

That's inconvenient. Then I can understand why you'd want distinctly different looking icons. What about if just the colors were different, but the icons were the same shape?

• @NeuM said:

@rs2000 said:

@NeuM said:

@rs2000 said:

That's inconvenient. Then I can understand why you'd want distinctly different looking icons. What about if just the colors were different, but the icons were the same shape?

Hmmm, nothing against colors but although I'm not an app-a-holic, I already have too many plugins with colors that have nothing to do with their function.
    If all developers would agree to color equalizers green, reverbs blue and compressors and limiters red then that could be a thing ;)

• @rs2000 said:

@NeuM said:

@rs2000 said:

@NeuM said:

@rs2000 said:

Hmmm, nothing against colors but although I'm not an app-a-holic, I already have too many plugins with colors that have nothing to do with their function.
    If all developers would agree to color equalizers green, reverbs blue and compressors and limiters red then that could be a thing ;)

Haha. I don't see that happening, but it's an interesting idea.

• I am pretty sure that the option of "different icons" is meaning that @DJB will have a consistency within his lineup yet different icons to easily discriminate between them. I would love to see this.

• @david_2017 said:
    I am pretty sure that the option of "different icons" is meaning that @DJB will have a consistency within his lineup yet different icons to easily discriminate between them. I would love to see this.

Perhaps just making the background color different for each would do it.

• Yes, I want different TB icons for every TB plug-in.

But I will accept the majority opinion and continue to buy all your apps.

• I like them the same, it’s like the Nike Swoosh or Apple’s…apple?
    It’s like a Trademark.

• Voted ...Yes, I want different TB icons for every TB plug-in

AudioModern please take note... Those Icons get confusing..

• Definitely want different icons. And yes, same for Audiomodern

• Just using a different colour is not enough imo, btw

• i would say for the effects and processors maybe you can play with the colors scheme, but keep the logo the same
    and for any future tb instruments keep the keys type of logo that tb flowtones icon as already but also play with a different colors for each instrument, if there will be any more in the future

• icons is the only thing stop me to buy your apps,yes,please change them

• @laopan said:
    icons is the only thing stop me to buy your apps,yes,please change them

LOL. No it isn't.

• I voted YES! Would make things so much easier finding the ones you’re looking for

• @NeuM said:

@laopan said:
    icons is the only thing stop me to buy your apps,yes,please change them

LOL. No it isn't.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• edited December 2022

I would love different icons. I gives a better overview i AUM.
    But i agree with wim that Customized icons is a good idear.

• +1 for identifiably Toneboosters but with something unique to hint at its function or name. BLEASS has a version of this model.

• Thanks everyone for responding! It seems different icons but in a consistent style is what most people prefer... We also got some great community suggestions and contributions for icon designs, and we've started experimenting with new icons a bit...

• These look great!

• edited December 2022

Neat! I like these.

• Me too. They look great.

• Wow 🤩 great designs! Well crafted good sir! 💪🏼