Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Disabled Apple Developer Account?!?

tjatja
edited December 2022 in App Development

I did not use my free developer account quite some time ...

Now I get this when trying to compile in Xcode:

No profiles for 'Project.Project' were found: Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching 'Project.Project'.

The operation couldn’t be completed. Unable to log in with account 'user@domain'. The login details for account 'user@domain' were rejected.

I could login to the developer portal, but have no idea if and how I can revive the ability to compile stuff in Xcode ...

Any idea?

Comments

• Are both the System and XCode 'up to date'?

• There's also an outage on some services...
    https://developer.apple.com/system-status/

• @Samu said:
    Are both the System and XCode 'up to date'?

Nope :-)

I'm mostly old-school:

Latest Monterey
    Xcode 13.1

Was considering to upgrade to 13.4.1

• @Samu said:
    There's also an outage on some services...
    https://developer.apple.com/system-status/

Very interesting!

Many thanks .... will then try again tomorrow ...

• edited December 2022

Possibly of interest also for developers: https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/tech/apple-app-store-pricing/index.html

If you’ve ever wanted to charge $10,000 for an app, your time has come.

• tjatja
    edited December 2022

@NeuM said:
    Possibly of interest also for developers: https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/tech/apple-app-store-pricing/index.html

From the website:

Apple (AAPL) on Tuesday said it is adding 700 new price points for apps in its App Store, starting as low as $0.29 and running all the way up to $10,000, though the very high-end is available “upon request” by developers only.

Going to upload my App as soon as I can compile again and charge $10k ... ONE customer may bite :smiley:

• What's more interesting is the $0.10 tier which like likely create a boom for IAPs in games.

Then again, I really don't get the how the brain of people works who pay $4.99 to get a few extra lives in Candy Crush etc. etc.
    Apparently they make a LOT of money from those people who are addicted...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_(company)

Like seriously, why do people pay for that sh*t?!??!?!

• @tja said:

@NeuM said:

From the website:

Apple (AAPL) on Tuesday said it is adding 700 new price points for apps in its App Store, starting as low as $0.29 and running all the way up to $10,000, though the very high-end is available “upon request” by developers only.

Going to upload my App as soon as I can compile again and charge $10k ... ONE customer may bite :smiley:

Exactly. With a market serving about a billion customers just one or two sales would make it worth your while. ;)

• @Samu said:
    What's more interesting is the $0.10 tier which like likely create a boom for IAPs in games.

Then again, I really don't get the how the brain of people works who pay $4.99 to get a few extra lives in Candy Crush etc. etc.
    Apparently they make a LOT of money from those people who are addicted...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_(company)

Like seriously, why do people pay for that sh*t?!??!?!

I play Clash of Clans and did spend quite some money - not like for musical Apps, but sure some hundred Euro over the last 9 years.
    Mostly to speed up things ...

And for some other games, I bought extras that cannot be gained otherwise (additional heroes for the Kingdom Rush series of Tower Defense games).

But that may still be different to the Candy Crush lives :-D

• "The application was removed from the App Store without explanation by Apple the day after its release, August 6, 2008"

Very sad :-(

My hope is sinking...

• Appreciate the heads up!
    Thanks to you I also learned about the equally wonderful Send Me To Heaven app 😹

• @NeuM said:

@tja said:

@NeuM said:

From the website:

Exactly. With a market serving about a billion customers just one or two sales would make it worth your while. ;)

Except that if that customer gets a refund then @tja could be out 15%. The App Store agreement says that Apple can charge the developer back 100% of the purchase price even though the developer only received 85% of the sale.

Yes. This is true. I've yet to read of any developer having had that happen to them. But I'd say a $10,000 dollar app could well trip that switch.

(btw, yes, I know @tja is joking.)

• @JeffChasteen said:

Appreciate the heads up!
    Thanks to you I also learned about the equally wonderful Send Me To Heaven app 😹

Well, I think the latter, while ethically also questionable, is at least innovative and has a purpose 😂

• edited December 2022

There also appears to be issues with installing new apps from TestFlight... I wanted to release a new open beta today! If anyone would be willing to try and install a new app to see if TestFlight lets you then please send me a direct message!

David

• @CaelumAudio said:
    There also appears to be issues with installing new apps from TestFlight... I wanted to release a new open beta today! If anyone would be willing to try and install a new app to see if TestFlight lets you then please send me a direct message!

This "Developer ID Notary Service" is still down.

Astonishing from such a big company 😳

• @tja said:

@CaelumAudio said:

It was down for a few days last time I had this problem :s

• tjatja
    edited December 2022

@CaelumAudio said:

@tja said:

@CaelumAudio said:

It was down for a few days last time I had this problem :s

All Apple services are back!

But still, I cannot compile anymore.

TBH, I really hate that.
    It should always be possible to compile - but the errors imply that you also need to be online to be able to compile.

Apple...

EDIT: Now it works again!