Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Share your FLUSS patches!

edited December 2022 in App Tips and Tricks

I not sure if anyone is up for this but I thought it might be nice to do a sort of patch share? Anyway I was mucking around with a super simple melody I recorded from model d. Nothing special but it’s got a kind of exotic trippy vibe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omrvt05r72wf7bn/temple ball.fluss?dl=0

Comments

• Yeah nice idea.

• Great idea! But batch import / export would be super helpful

• Here’s one from me for the fun of it

• @Pxlhg said:
    Here’s one from me for the fun of it

Cool thanks but it doesn’t work for me it just opens an empty FLUSS. That’s weird

• @sevenape said:

@Pxlhg said:

Cool thanks but it doesn’t work for me it just opens an empty FLUSS. That’s weird

I used the export button on the right, not sure what could have gone wrong.

• Did mine work?

• edited December 2022

@Pxlhg said:

@sevenape said:

@Pxlhg said:

I used the export button on the right, not sure what could have gone wrong.

It worked on my iPad… I feel like I’ve been on a fairground ride, In a good way!

• @sevenape said:
    It worked on my iPad… I feel like I’ve been on a fairground ride, In a good way!

Haha! Good to hear it worked, I tried the export again but the file looked exactly the same so I didn't bother to try share again. Have not tried yours yet. :)

• @sevenape Yours behave like you said mine did at first, it's empty. I'm on iPad (Pro 11" M1, iOS 16.1)

• Look in presets after importing. That's where it will end up.

Fluss opens up "empty" sometimes, because it has already started up while the file is still being imported in the presets list... :)

• Not sure I understand importing - is it just a case of downloading a.fluss file to the ipad then double tapping it? None of the ones that have been shared here work for me - Fluss just opens empty and they're not appearing in the presets...

• edited December 2022

@enkaytee said:
    Not sure I understand importing - is it just a case of downloading a.fluss file to the ipad then double tapping it? None of the ones that have been shared here work for me - Fluss just opens empty and they're not appearing in the presets...

You share the file with iOS, and choose "Fluss" with the open dialog. If it's a valid file it will be added to the presets list.

(I have tried immediately opening it, but - long story short - iOS file sandboxing is a mess... The file is imported using the standalone app, but needs a convoluted hack to get it into the plugin, so it's super messy to get it to import and open immediately.)

Edit: Double checked, yes it works with the files shared using Google drive above as well..

• Not Fluss's preset, but Drambo's
    With this Drambo rack you can control the pitch and volume of Fluss' three little balls with a keyboard.
    Note range C2-B4.

https://patchstorage.com/fluss-wiz/

• edited December 2022

@brambos said:

@enkaytee said:
    Not sure I understand importing - is it just a case of downloading a.fluss file to the ipad then double tapping it? None of the ones that have been shared here work for me - Fluss just opens empty and they're not appearing in the presets...

You share the file with iOS, and choose "Fluss" with the open dialog. If it's a valid file it will be added to the presets list.

(I have tried immediately opening it, but - long story short - iOS file sandboxing is a mess... The file is imported using the standalone app, but needs a convoluted hack to get it into the plugin, so it's super messy to get it to import and open immediately.)

Edit: Double checked, yes it works with the files shared using Google drive above as well..

@brambos - Sorry, that doesn't work for me. I'm saving the files in the Downloads folder - they show with the 'Fluss' icon so the system seems to be recognising the file type, but when I 'share' them with Fluss the preset isn't in the list - I assume it should appear in User Patches (I already have a few of my own in there - will this make a difference ?) I'm on iPadOS 16.1.1 if that helps.

• @enkaytee said:

@brambos said:

@enkaytee said:

@brambos - Sorry, that doesn't work for me. I'm saving the files in the Downloads folder - they show with the 'Fluss' icon so the system seems to be recognising the file type, but when I 'share' them with Fluss the preset isn't in the list - I assume it should appear in User Patches (I already have a few of my own in there - will this make a difference ?) I'm on iPadOS 16.1.1 if that helps.

Ah I see the issue. When downloading from GDrive to iOS files a hidden “.xml” is added to the name, so Fluss doesn’t recognise it as a valid Fluss file.

I may have to add .xml as a valid file extension as a workaround.

If you share via another device or iCloud it doesn’t happen, so it may be Google Drive trying to be smart here.

• @brambos said:

@enkaytee said:

@brambos said:

@enkaytee said:

Ah I see the issue. When downloading from GDrive to iOS files a hidden “.xml” is added to the name, so Fluss doesn’t recognise it as a valid Fluss file.

I may have to add .xml as a valid file extension as a workaround.

If you share via another device or iCloud it doesn’t happen, so it may be Google Drive trying to be smart here.

I don't think that's the issue for me. The downloads from Dropbox don't have the xml extension added, and are shown in the Files app with the Fluss icon so the system is recognising them correctly - they just don't import in the way you describe.

• @ZhouJing said:
    Not Fluss's preset, but Drambo's
    With this Drambo rack you can control the pitch and volume of Fluss' three little balls with a keyboard.
    Note range C2-B4.

Sweet! I was gonna do something like this today but you beat me to it (& made a better version than I had in mind) :) Downloaded & will check it out this morning, thnx for making/sharing! 🙏

• I just grabbed the one I put in Dropbox from my air on my other device and it loaded straight away no trouble - iOS 15 iPad Pro original model…

• edited December 2022

This is what I'm seeing:

The downloaded preset files are showing the Fluss icon (I removed the.xml extension from 'temple ball.fluss')

The share sheet shows Fluss as a recipient app

But the presets don't get added to the list.

• Let me look into it. It’s probably iOS being funny about file management again but hopefully I can implement a consistent workaround that doesn’t require fiddling with file properties

• @enkaytee said:
    This is what I'm seeing:

The downloaded preset files are showing the Fluss icon (I removed the.xml extension from 'temple ball.fluss')

The share sheet shows Fluss as a recipient app

But the presets don't get added to the list.

Uploaded to dropbox to see if that works?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omrvt05r72wf7bn/temple ball.fluss?dl=0

• @childofthecorndog said:

@ZhouJing said:
    Note range C2-B4.

Sweet! I was gonna do something like this today but you beat me to it (& made a better version than I had in mind) :) Downloaded & will check it out this morning, thnx for making/sharing! 🙏

Ha, get a head start. This patch is actually interesting in that it doesn't interrupt the movement of the balls after changing the pitch with the keyboard. The balls will instantly move to the new pitch and continue their original trajectory.

• @ZhouJing said:

@childofthecorndog said:

@ZhouJing said:
    Note range C2-B4.

Ha, get a head start. This patch is actually interesting in that it doesn't interrupt the movement of the balls after changing the pitch with the keyboard. The balls will instantly move to the new pitch and continue their original trajectory.

thanks for this patch!

• edited December 2022

If anyone else is having problems importing these try sharing with Fluss directly from Dropbox. I have the Dropbox app installed so if I click on the links from this thread it opens - then I have to tap 'Export' which opens the ios share dialog. From there I choose Fluss and the app opens. Although nothing appears in the interface, the preset now appears in the preset list. If I download the presets to local storage and share them to Fluss they don't get imported.

I think there's an issue with importing presets from the ios Files app - I've tried exporting a preset to iCloud on my iPad and then opening it on my iPhone and it fails so it's not just a problem with 'local' files.

• @enkaytee said:
    If anyone else is having problems importing these try sharing with Fluss directly from Dropbox. I have the Dropbox app installed so if I click on the links from this thread it opens - then I have to tap 'Export' which opens the ios share dialog. From there I choose Fluss and the app opens. Although nothing appears in the interface, the preset now appears in the preset list. If I download the presets to local storage and share them to Fluss they don't get imported.

I think there's an issue with importing presets from the ios Files app - I've tried exporting a preset to iCloud on my iPad and then opening it on my iPhone and it fails so it's not just a problem with 'local' files.

Yes, it’s most likely the hidden “.xml” that is added to the file name due to operating systems trying to be smart. Fluss looks for a “.Fluss” extension so it ignores the xml files.

I’ll add xml to the list of accepted file extensions. That’s probably more productive than trying to fight the OS 🤪

• edited December 2022

@brambos said:

@enkaytee said:

Yes, it’s most likely the hidden “.xml” that is added to the file name due to operating systems trying to be smart. Fluss looks for a “.Fluss” extension so it ignores the xml files.

I’ll add xml to the list of accepted file extensions. That’s probably more productive than trying to fight the OS 🤪

I really don't think that's the problem. If I download a preset from Dropbox it definitely only has the .fluss extension and is showing in the Files app as associated with Fluss (the file icon is the same as the Fluss app). Also, I can use the Goodreader app to check file names (including any hidden extensions) and there is no .xml added. However, when I downloaded the file that was stored on Google Drive from one of the earlier posts it did have the xml added - I removed it in Goodreader and the icon immediately changed to the Fluss app (it wasn't before) but I still couldn't import it. Not sure what's happening or if anyone else is having the same issues?