Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VLaoladis' lab

Hey! For a long time I was just a reader/listener (except several bug discussions). Finally I decided to post my small creations here.

Music is my hobby, I'm not a proficient composer (and definitely not a proficient producer) and I still trying to comprehend different conceptions of music theory / harmony / etc. The most interesting for me is to explore how I can evoke different emotions using the music language.

In this thread I will post my tracks/jams/experiments. I think it will discipline me and force to finish tracks. And of course making music is fun and I will be happy to share this fun with everyone =)

Basically I will use Staffpad, AUM, SWAM, Audio Evolution, Loopy Pro and Drambo choosing soft for a specific purpose.

Well, I'm happy to see you =)
And here is a small opening theme in Staffpad.

Comments

• Fairy march

And here is a larger thing. I made it 2 years ago as a part of Coursera course.
    And rearranged it last year from plain midi flute+piano to a final composition.

• McDMcD
    edited December 2022

I think this thread approach is a great way to organize contributions of work. I have one running of just my Staffpad stuff but I tend to only share the audio and NOT the video of the scrolling score. Obviously, the score is a much richer method of demonstrating how the music was made so I encourage you to do that going forward.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47651/staffpad-sketches/p1

I like your attention to the details of articulations and dynamics. You show great promise in your journey learning composition.

• We are happy to see you! I think you will like posting here. There are some fine folks on this forum. Looking forward to more from you!

• The first… what can I say… it left me wanting more. Still, short and sweet. I liked the second from the piano entrance. Glad you’re posting and welcome!👍👍🙏

• @McD said:
    I have one running of just my Staffpad stuff but I tend to only share the audio and NOT the video of the scrolling score. Obviously, the score is a much richer method of demonstrating how the music was made so I encourage you to do that going forward.

Yeah and your thread inspired me to this format of publishing my sketches.
    I will record screencasts at least for StaffPad sketches where you can really see what is going on.

@Paulieworld said:
    We are happy to see you! I think you will like posting here. There are some fine folks on this forum. Looking forward to more from you!

Happy to see you too!

@LinearLineman said:
    The first… what can I say… it left me wanting more. Still, short and sweet. I liked the second from the piano entrance. Glad you’re posting and welcome!👍👍🙏

I tried to make the first one a bit longer but it appears to be better in the short version) Glad to join your party!

• Nice writing <3

I also bought staffpad a couple weeks ago. Having real hard time with the handwriting recognition, and more hard time with the very mechanical interpretation. Have to dig deeper and try to figure it out.

• Welcome! Can't wait to hear your Staffpad creations !

• @jo92346 said:
    Nice writing <3

I also bought staffpad a couple weeks ago. Having real hard time with the handwriting recognition, and more hard time with the very mechanical interpretation. Have to dig deeper and try to figure it out.

Yeah, their recognition is quite awkward, you need place notes very precisely. Sometimes its easier to write something close and edit after recognition (e.g. for p/mp/mf signs, alterations and adding notes to a chord).

I've never noticed a mechanical interpretation though, especially comparing to similar programs like Stave'n'Tabs or Musescore.

@JanKun said:
    Welcome! Can't wait to hear your Staffpad creations !

Nice to meet you! Can't wait to finish any of them :D

• Enjoyed your Fairy March and look forward to more postings.

• edited December 2022

Awesome welcome to the fray. Way introduce yourself with a great staffpad intro. It sounds lovely.

• Hey everybody!
    The new piece is here. I've made a lullaby for my mom to help her stay calm during tough times.

• Beautiful and subtle… I hope your mum enjoyed it, I certainly did👌

• @GeoTony said:
    Beautiful and subtle… I hope your mum enjoyed it, I certainly did👌

Thank you :) Yeah she was happy
    I really tried to make even the intensive and contrasting parts softer and calmer.

BTW it's still bare StaffPad with mixing and mastering in AEM.

• Hello everybody!

I've decided to spend some time learning Loopy Pro, creating ensembles from SWAM instruments, and working on my live jamming setup and playing technique.

As a result, I made a cover of Dai's "You" theme from the light novel "Higurashi: When They Cry".

Recording: Loopy Pro
    Mixing and mastering: Audio Evolution Mobile Studio

Plugins

• Ravenscroft275 (piano)
    • SWAM instruments (flute, violin, viola, cello)
    • FM King (synth)
    • Speldosa (musical box)
    • Drambo (as a MIDI processor for humanized chamber strings sound)
    • Toneboosters (Reverb, Compressor, EQ, VoicePitcher, Barricade)
    • RRS Passive EQ Collection