Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaker Public Beta

edited December 2022 in App Development

You can now run SynthMaker in 4 different ways:

1) Standalone on MacOS
2) Standalone on iOS/iPadOS
3) As an AUv3 plugin on MacOS
4) As an AUv3 plugin on iOS/iPadOS

In order to simplify it, this version has a new Bundle ID, file extension and TestFlight link. The old extensions .vswift and .vsmod have changed to .smdoc and .smmod. You can still open the old files by renaming the file extension. The old TestFlight link will be expired very soon.

TestFlight
Discord Invite
YouTube
Twitter
Patreon

Comments

• Oo 16+ only, I might stick to this in just the Mac for a bit as my iOS devices are all 3+ years old for now

• edited December 2022

@Krupa said:
    Oo 16+ only, I might stick to this in just the Mac for a bit as my iOS devices are all 3+ years old for now

You're not the first to mention that. I intend to make it compatible with 15. The only feature of 16 I'm using is a new SwiftUI way to take screenshots of views for creating Thumbnails. Not sure if I could easily go further back.

• @Jorge said:

@Krupa said:
    Oo 16+ only, I might stick to this in just the Mac for a bit as my iOS devices are all 3+ years old for now

You're not the first to mention that. I intend to make it compatible with 15. The only feature of 16 I'm using is a new SwiftUI way to take screenshots of views for creating Thumbnails. Not sure if I could easily go further back.

Ah cool, they’re all on 15, it just seems 16 is breaking a lot of stuff for now, and coupled with my device’s ages, I was thinking to avoid going beyond for a while at least…

• @Jorge said:

@Krupa said:

iOS 15 compatibility would be much appreciated!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2022

Latest version 0.2.13 is now available on TestFlight with added support for iOS/iPadOS 15 as requested.

TestFlight-Discord-YouTube-Twitter-Patreon

• 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 Thanks for adding IOS 15 support @Jorge . That sure was fast!!

• edited December 2022

@ninobeatz said:
    👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 Thanks for adding IOS 15 support @Jorge . That sure was fast!!

Thanks, I'm ready to improve it really fast with priority making it stable and polished. I hope it's like an un-written contract, if users do their bit and let me know of issues, I'm ready to do mine.

In terms of the minimum features required I'm giving very high priority to a Presets System and In-App help/documentation.

Still needs fleshing out with different types of low level filters, transport components ( BPM etc ), UI Controls, High-Level Modules and the missing AUv3 components for hosting Effects, Midi Processors etc.

If you have different priorities please let me know.

• Cool, downloading right now 🙏👍

• edited December 2022

Latest version 0.2.24 is now available with low level components for creating your own Euclidean Rhythms custom module:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/BKEgzNCg
    https://patreon.com/synthmaker
    https://twitter.com/visual_swift
    https://discord.gg/p6MW67DcsK

• Thanks for sharing @Jorge

• It’s really interesting this app, I need to spend some time learning the nitty gritty basics but it feels like it’s gonna get bigger and bigger…

• @Jorge said:

@Krupa said:

Lots of devices cannot even upgrade to 16 and many will only upgrade to 16 later, after some new bug fix releases...

• @tja said:

@Jorge said:

@Krupa said:

Lots of devices cannot even upgrade to 16 and many will only upgrade to 16 later, after some new bug fix releases...

The recent betas have been iOS 15 compatible

• I think the latest versions of SynthMaker made it surprisingly usable on an iPhone, here's a screenshot taken from mine:

• edited December 2022

SynthMaker 0.2.47 introduces a Modularization feature that allows you to convert a selected portion of your schematic into a separate module which can then be drag-copied:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/BKEgzNCg ( the same TestFlight invite can be used for both MacOS and iOS versions )
    https://discord.gg/p6MW67DcsK
    https://patreon.com/synthmaker
    https://youtube.com/@synthmaker
    https://twitter.com/visual_swift

• If I understand it... You can use this to build synths and make apps from them? That's mindblowing.

• @sevenape said:
    If I understand it... You can use this to build synths and make apps from them? That's mindblowing.

Yes you understand right. I hope you'll try it and let me know if it works well for you or not. I'm currently focusing on stability and user friendly UI with undo/redo etc.

It's probably not easy to figure things out considering there is no documentation but I'm happy to answer questions with detailed steps and screenshots.

• @Jorge said:

@sevenape said:
    If I understand it... You can use this to build synths and make apps from them? That's mindblowing.

Yes you understand right. I hope you'll try it and let me know if it works well for you or not. I'm currently focusing on stability and user friendly UI with undo/redo etc.

It's probably not easy to figure things out considering there is no documentation but I'm happy to answer questions with detailed steps and screenshots.

Wow. That’s insane. I am a bit overwhelmed by all that stuff, but maybe one day!!! In the meantime I’m very very excited To see what people will do with it!!!

• @sevenape said:

@Jorge said:

@sevenape said:

Wow. That’s insane. I am a bit overwhelmed by all that stuff, but maybe one day!!! In the meantime I’m very very excited To see what people will do with it!!!

Thanks, that's what I hope for. The current low level components are meant for developers to create high level modules that would probably make a lot more sense to you and most other users. Once those modules become available, you won't have to look at the overwhelming low level stuff.

If there is a list of initial high-level modules that would get you interested in trying it let me know, like Chorus, Flanger, Reverb, Oscillator, Filter, Sequencer etc

• GarageBand hosting SynthMaker 0.2.54 as an AUv3 Plugin on MacOS:

• AUM hosting SynthMaker 0.2.54 as an AUv3 Plugin on iPadOS:

• Beta is expired and visual swift is no longer on the App Store. Did the Dev give up?

• @HotStrange said:
    Beta is expired and visual swift is no longer on the App Store. Did the Dev give up?

I don’t think so. But I think the project is a big one and beta feedback may have been sparse. I believe the dev has been busy at a new day job.

• @espiegel123 said:

@HotStrange said:
    Beta is expired and visual swift is no longer on the App Store. Did the Dev give up?

I don’t think so. But I think the project is a big one and beta feedback may have been sparse. I believe the dev has been busy at a new day job.

Ah okay. He was doing interesting work so I was curious.