Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Good Headphones For IOS Wanted! Which do you use? (Poll)

123457»

Comments

• @NeuM said:

@Daveypoo said:
    I have a pair of Sony MDR-7506 phones - I've been buying these since the early 90's and they are a studio standard. I also use a pair of Status Audio CB-1 cans that I REALLY like, but others here have had different experiences with.

Same (Sony MDR-7506).

me also :)

could imagine something better though

• Sennheiser HD599 as “daily cans”. Super comfy. I often wear them for hours. I do like the open back: Keeps the ears cool and not sweating. And I can hear the postie ringing, or the cat messing around.
    Otherwise I have a pair of Sony MDR7506’s. Over 15 years old and still going on the second set of ear pads. Very good quality and my choice for noisy environments.

• Lidl. € 9.99.

• @cabo said:

@NeuM said:

@Daveypoo said:
    I have a pair of Sony MDR-7506 phones - I've been buying these since the early 90's and they are a studio standard. I also use a pair of Status Audio CB-1 cans that I REALLY like, but others here have had different experiences with.

Same (Sony MDR-7506).

me also :)

could imagine something better though

In my opinion, if one ends up buying the best headphones available the mix won't sound right because people today listen to music on phones, in their car and on crummy audio systems. You sort of have to mix for middle-of-the-road.

• It’s obviously a personal preference, but the best monitoring accuracy wise you can get your hands on will provide a wider scope to discover any issues also it just makes it for a more pleasurable experience. I use 2 different headphones which give me 2 different sounding mixes, a pair of monitors to hear the mix in a 3d space and then there are the laptop speakers, the phone speakers and the car.
    It’s really easy to get used to 1 environment and adjust to that and miss other perspectives. In the end though once it gets out into the wide world it will be what it will be and we have no control over how someone else perceives it.

• I use the Toneboosters Morphit, headphone sim correction, to mix and reference on my AT-m40s when I care about mixing.

• Always wanted some Sennheiser HD650s but couldn’t afford them?

Then get these, licensed from Sennheiser and electrically identical, even the promo video for them is made by Sennheiser!

I have them and they are really nice - and cost just $199 USD.

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

(I’m not affiliated with either company - just a happy customer).

• @NeuM said:
    In my opinion, if one ends up buying the best headphones available the mix won't sound right because people today listen to music on phones, in their car and on crummy audio systems. You sort of have to mix for middle-of-the-road.

In theory I 100% agree with you, but in practice I almost never find that to be true which is weird. Usually making it sound good on a very well balanced system makes it sound good pretty much everywhere. Within reason.

IMVHO, you can never take into account even 10% of the situations in which people will hear something you mix. Cell phone speaker someone hears from across a train, mono playback in a grocery store, whatever, there's millions of weird places that play music I guess.

But by having a fairly accurate monitoring chain, you can at least make sure the "signal" you are giving everyone is as flaw free as possible. I think that's as best we can do really. Trying to approximate what middle-of-the-road is just feels like a guessing game.

Again, just my $0.02. Only mentioning is because I struggled for years as a mastering engineer to try and visualize what an 'average' listening environment could be. And realizing it's a HUGE range of unknowns made that very hard :)

• I keep coming back to my Sennheiser IE40 Pro in-ear monitors. They really sound very neutral and have no phasing issues due to their single driver design. They are very portable and comfortable and I can wear them for hours, in contrast to my over ear headphones. They are covered by TB Morphit and cost below 100 bucks.

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/sennheiser-ie-40-pro

• edited December 2022

I recently picked up a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 700 PRO X

OMG, they sound amazing and FEEL amazing. Like a teddy bear hugging my head all day. So cozy! Zero fatigue.