Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PaulXStretch - Extreme Time Stretching

Comments

• @Svetlovska have you seen that this is out? Totally in your territory :wink:

• Somehow I missed you where working on this, @sonosaurus
    Thanks so much. As a thank you, I will buy the app I didn't have (and seems like I slept hard on it) yaleD!

• Fantastic app, thank you very much!

• Very very cool, thankyou 👊

• Incredible @sonosaurus! Thank you so very much 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Thanks @sonosaurus for your efforts 👍

• @senhorlampada said:
    Somehow I missed you where working on this, @sonosaurus
    Thanks so much. As a thank you, I will buy the app I didn't have (and seems like I slept hard on it) yaleD!

Thanks for the yaleD plug…. I should get back to that and some new features to it as well…

• Thanks for bringing this awesome app to iOS, now better than ever!

• @sonosaurus said:

@senhorlampada said:

Thanks for the yaleD plug…. I should get back to that and some new features to it as well…

Just bought it. Really love how it can alternate between reverse and regular delay on the repeats.

• @sonosaurus said:
    It is LIVE on the App Store now!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/paulxstretch/id1619014008

It's free and will remain so... if you really feel like you need to pay something, see the donate link on the site at https://sonosaurus.com/paulxstretch :smiley:

Thank you Dev for our early Christmas pressie. I have all of your apps plus the IAP goodies to. Anything you release is an instahbuy for me. Your apps are always such a pleasure to use. And the apps are such high quality & such classy apps plus they sound so amazing. I'm a big fan. Happy Holidays to you with grateful thanks! Cheers, E.D.

• Thanks thanks thanks Love love love ❤️❤️❤️ @sonosaurus

• @sonosaurus said:

@senhorlampada said:

❤️

• Thank you, will go add 5 stars.

• Maybe someone asked before me and I missed but thread is too long now to search in, so: is there a (pdf) manual available?
    In the IOS version I see a load save button but not in the desktop one; I?m I missing this too?
    Thank you everybody and particularly, once more, to Sonosaurus!
    Even without a manual I'm having great results! :-)
    Art

• edited November 2022

What an amazing app! Much thanks to Sonosaurus and all involved.

• edited November 2022

@arfo62 said:
    Maybe someone asked before me and I missed but thread is too long now to search in, so: is there a (pdf) manual available?
    In the IOS version I see a load save button but not in the desktop one; I?m I missing this too?
    Art

No manual, barely any video tutorials by random people on the internet, and very complicated UI, yielding strange sounds no matter what you do! Welcome to PaulXStretch!

Also, I haven’t released the update on desktop yet that includes loading/saving presets yet… just troubleshooting some things there.

Here are two videos that illuminate some things:

And this older one of the earlier version which looks different but has pretty much the same features:

• @sonosaurus said:

@arfo62 said:
    Maybe someone asked before me and I missed but thread is too long now to search in, so: is there a (pdf) manual available?
    Art

No manual, barely any video tutorials by random people on the internet, and very complicated UI, yielding strange sounds no matter what you do! Welcome to PaulXStretch!

Also, I haven’t released the update on desktop yet that includes loading/saving presets yet… just troubleshooting some things there.

Here are two videos that illuminate some things:

And this older one of the earlier version which looks different but has pretty much the same features:

@sonosaurus Thank you, once again, for this amazing app and for your time, including answering!
    I saw the Venus Theory video and this was how I discovered the app, then I saw this video by Matt Lange speaking about Paul X Stretch and showing how he uses it (14'56"); I'll watch the other video too.

I'm getting something very interesting anyway, no urgence for manual ;-)
    Best,
    Art

• Anyone experiencing crashes? black screen here for 5 sec. and crashes

• Sometimes the desktop version seems to cause Cubase slowing but I'm still in the training phase... Maybe I set something wrong or expected too much

• @sonosaurus thanks so much, epic app! my first 5⭐️ ever!

• edited December 2022

Using PaulXStretch for a good use

• @eylvy thank you for this. i love this forum. Now i'm wondering what would happen with the THX sound (another famous Abraham Simpson moment)...

• @belldu said:
    @eylvy thank you for this. i love this forum. Now i'm wondering what would happen with the THX sound (another famous Abraham Simpson moment)...

He'd probably say "Slow it down, slow it doooown!" at the end :D

• THX sound is available as a download link on this video.
    I tried it at 4x in PaulXStretch and it is awesome.

https://youtu.be/uYMpMcmpfkI

• And with a blackhole or shimmer or rymdigare it is even more incredible!

• edited December 2022

I came across a stretch that is not so digital-sounding. Ease into the weekend with this relaxing 8x stretch of Aphex Twin (Rhubarb), set in a Swedish landscape:

• ... and his follow-up using Bach, also beautiful, with more movement.

• @bleep said:
    ... and his follow-up using Bach, also beautiful, with more movement.

Thanks for sharing these @bleep, they are fantastic. Does anyone know which settings in PaulX would be used to emulate this kind of thing? I’ve been pushing knobs around and getting cool stuff but these are so clean.

• Excellent, have bought a couple of DrumJam packs as a token of appreciation (I have long since completed my @sonosaurus collection). ThumbJam was my first iOS music app on an iPod Touch and is the first thing I install on a new device.

• @the_web_stuff said:

@bleep said:
    ... and his follow-up using Bach, also beautiful, with more movement.

Thanks for sharing these @bleep, they are fantastic. Does anyone know which settings in PaulX would be used to emulate this kind of thing? I’ve been pushing knobs around and getting cool stuff but these are so clean.

Probably the key would be to play with as few of the sliders as possible. This sounds to me like the person has just played with the speed a little, that usually keeps things clean. Don't change speed during performance, just set and forget. Don't touch the fft slider, or maybe increase it, definitely don't reduce it. If using harmonics, probably set a low root and a large number of harmonics. Maybe play with ratios and filter or maybe not. Those would be my guesses.