Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Where are you finding peace? Is it God??

hehe...

just playin off the other threads in the forum, what are you _____, is it good?

ive found having a spiritual practice makes my music making practice come out much better. My practice includes yoga, meditation, exercise, healthy eating, nature, and occasional psychedelics. If i mess up, and miss some of my practice, my work takes a MASSIVE hit. 1-2 weeks of no yoga/ exercise can take a month to get back into flow state. 1 dose of nature (a nice 3 hour long hike, or an overnight camping trip) can really increase my creativity.

so,,, what else is there? what are ya'll incorporating into your lives to better yourself and your creative flow? is music connected to a spiritual realm? does any of this make sense? is the internet real? am i real?

Comments

• @shinyisshiny said:
    hehe...

just playin off the other threads in the forum, what are you boinking, is it good?

ive found having a spiritual practice makes my music making practice come out much better. My practice includes yoga, meditation, exercise, healthy eating, nature, and occasional psychedelics. If i mess up, and miss some of my practice, my work takes a MASSIVE hit. 1-2 weeks of no yoga/ exercise can take a month to get back into flow state. 1 dose of nature (a nice 3 hour long hike, or an overnight camping trip) can really increase my creativity.

Interesting. I need to get back to exercising at the gym again. Kind of hard to be out in nature during the winter (I'm in the Northern hemisphere). But yes, practicing in however you practice helps creativity to flow better.

so,,, what else is there? what are ya'll incorporating into your lives to better yourself and your creative flow?

Weed. 🤣 Kidding (although a little CBD at night to help me sleep never hurts). Basically, if I get stuck creatively with EDM music, one of two things happens. I become more creatively involved with art, or I start producing in a different genre. I'm currently working on a Lofi EP, and this past summer was the "Summer of Ambient 2022". The worst feeling is becoming burnt out creatively, period, so I make sure to take my time with creative tasks.

is music connected to a spiritual realm?

I believe so. Whether you call it God, the Universe, or whatnot, music is spiritually fulfilling. I'm of the belief that my music is a God-given gift as it came naturally to me at a young age. (Of course these gifts will fall to the wayside if not upkept and cultivated further beyond a simple seedling.)

does any of this make sense?

It does in many ways.

• Music is certainly connected to the spiritual realm! It's transcendent by nature. Music and dance are two of the only forms of art that rely on time itself as their medium. Beyond that it's a language that defies culture barriers and communicates fundamental truth without the need to rationalize, analyze, label, and compact that same, intuitively-understood truth into a neatly-packed box to be filed away for reassessment later.

My healthy flow looks a lot like yours does. Almost identical, I'd say. Unfortunately I'm a bit worried for my future. I fell off the wagon really bad in the middle of a four-year relationship that I didn't realize was abusive, it's been almost two years now and I'm just lingering above rock bottom, unwilling to commit to the crash & burn that would facilitate my recovery, but also not really going anywhere.

that said, my creative flow is significantly enhanced by my ability to fiddle with knobs without sleep for days on end, but that's most certainly only a temporary superpower.

But what scares me is the knowledge that once I bite the bullet and start back on the path to recovery (I've done this before) all my inspiration, creativity and drive is going to go out the window. Last time I was at T+2 years of sobriety and I still struggled to hear even a distant whisper from my Muse. Then I'd take that tiny fraction of a whisper, sample it, crank up the volume and try to chop enough inspiration out of it to make a full track.. worked once or twice over those two years, but that's not much.

• My Satanism brings serenity

• I was going to say masturbation, but I don’t really own any eurorack

• @u0421793 said:
    I was going to say masturbation, but I don’t really own any eurorack

LOL! :smiley:

• edited November 2022

As it’s winter, I’m taking an almost zen-like approach to chopping wood (yes, really).

A couple of years back when we moved here I’d struggle splitting logs - straining muscles and damaging my right shoulder (still hurts).

But now I’ve perfected a technique: by accurately positioning logs, checking the grain of the wood, swinging a perfect arc, hitting the exact weak spot in the wood and continuing the momentum downwards - in an almost trance-like state I can split large trunks with almost no physical effort at all. By perfecting this technique, I reckon in a few years time I’ll be able to do away with the axe completely, and will have the power to split logs just by looking at them funny.

Does it help my music? Absolutely not.

• Play and spent time with my kids and my wife. Pure joy

• Between immersive social interactions and solitude.

Between the music and the silence.

Between absorption and creation.

Between breath in and breath out.

• I used to extract DMT in my bathtub…but these days it’s about remembering to take my psych meds, get enough sleep, often too much sleep, try to accomplish one big task for the day, keep the women in my life happy, attend an NA meeting, take a hike or practice yoga, remember to practice my instruments and stay on top of my medical appointments. If I have the capacity to be creative, I will, but if that thoughtspace is being held ransom by “life” stuff, it’s always a bit tougher.

• Spending time with my dog...

• edited November 2022

As a Buddhist spiritual practice matters to me. But rather than - to quote one of my teachers here “doing time on the meditation cushion”, I prefer to make daily life my practice. And the music is definitely part of it. Diving into a world of sounds, vibrations, and of course the tech. Electronic music is a bit of “tech shamanism” in this regard. Other than that, spending time with horses, looking after them, riding and just being with them has made many dark days in my life bright again. And someone just approaches me on four cats paws to remind me that he is in no way less important than our equine friends….

• I’m finding my peace learning how to be more patient and not take things personal - like eating slower, I am trying to allow myself to chew and digest life. It’s challenging, but the more I take time to listen the better I respond to others. In addition, I am striving to be a more servant leader in my home with my family. I am learning that together is key: a family who plays, works and prays together stays together - that is what makes memories and builds legacies!

God bless you all 🙏🏻

• Oh and I do have “me” time… that’s where reading, art or music making comes in 🙌🏽 I have been enjoying creating themed music projects and forcing myself to finish each song. I typically have a “loop session” where I build basic eight bar loops: chord progression, bass line, textures, drums and percussion. From there I may repeat this process five to seven times, creating five to seven potential songs focused on a theme and how the theme plays out from beginning to end. Finally I take on each eight bar loop as a weekend project and build out the song until the entire project is complete. I have completed three projects using this workflow so far!

• Besides learning/playing around with music, I found that keeping a gratitude log helps with my anxiety. For me, it's become a sort of prayer I do every morning, even though I am not religious. Just counting the blessings I do have keeps me more positive.

• edited November 2022

@AlexY said:
    Besides learning/playing around with music, I found that keeping a gratitude log helps with my anxiety. For me, it's become a sort of prayer I do every morning, even though I am not religious. Just counting the blessings I do have keeps me more positive.

Amen! I can second the gratitude journal… mine is a little different: I keep a kudos journal, logging written kudos I receive at work and beyond. In addition, I found a cool app for logging bad thoughts where you literally watch your bad thoughts go away, Thought Detox: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1534491093

• Minimalism!

• It is most certainly not any of the many, many gods or goddesses that “exist”, no.

Exercise, meditation, plants & animals, beautiful scenery, other creative pursuits .. a bunch of things, really. Life.

• Niece & Nephew.
    Music.
    World Cup.

• im loving all these replies.

• Weed and Lexapro

• @god glad you could join us :D

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @god glad you could join us :D

Hope you can find peace in me!

• I don’t know. I mean, that’s where I find my peacefulness (when I do). I used to know and that was quite a burden. It caused a lot of anxiety disguised as arrogance. Then life taught me (I was fortunate) that I don’t know.

At first that caused a pretty deep depression, but eventually it was liberating. That and not having (which was also damn upsetting at first). At 74 I have come to realize I don’t need to know or have. Life will either take care of me or not. Sure, I still play at knowing something… like my belief in a nonexistent god, or why I can improvise… but those things are just for conversational purposes. Something to talk about because silence can be unsatisfying between people (especially on social media).

I think will is very important. The will to keep living. To create. To be patient. To stick with a relationship. To accept adversity. If that will disappears you can try to get it back. With walks. With drugs. With ambition. With love. If that doesn’t work it’s time, IMO, to practice the ultimate. Letting go.

We’ve been taught a story of the world from early on. We tell ourselves that story when we grow up.
    That story is usually riddled with false assumptions and phony narratives. Our parents and “teachers”handed it down to us in one form or another. They beat it into us. Or they loved us into it.

We either live that story to our death, change it, self destruct, or live as apathetic robots. Those are all responses to what we’ve been taught. How and why we make those particular decisions?

I don’t know.

• @ralis said:
    My Satanism brings serenity

Guessing you might not have been a fan of the Lil Nas X video, then.

• edited November 2022

Music is definitely my go-to. I was raised Christian but I’ve since learned that whatever one’s background is doesn’t fully define who they are.

So, my best friends come from different religious beliefs from atheism, Hinduism, muslim. I even came across a witch during my travels this year…man, that’ll be a tough one to explain on the family meeting.

But overall, respect to everyone. That said, I’ll definitely tell someone off if they’re being rude or disrespectful. What one decides to do with their free time is their business, but there’s no need to sow seeds of discord and chaos. We have an app for that.

discord.com/seonnthaproducer

• I'm trying to learn compassion and forgiveness. It's easy with dogs, but much harder with humans. If I were to die at home with my wife out of town, I would expect my dogs to eat my corpse. It's their instinctive nature; what else could they do? I forgive them.

But when humans eat a corpse (metaphorically speaking) I am always puzzled and disappointed. They should know better.

• Weed and walks in the woods usually bring me the most peace.

• Definitely not any supernatural beings.

Playing the piano and reading in comfortable surroundings are great things for me, along with occasional meditation.