Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loops not playing back in Loopy Pro [solved]

edited November 2022 in Loopy Pro

I have a situation of loops not playing even though unmuted and audio present. The faders are up and routing seems ok but no sound.
The colour seems less bright than they should be but I cannot think why.
Any ideas?

Comments

• @supadom said:
    I have a situation of loops not playing even though unmuted and audio present. The faders are up and routing seems ok but no sound.
    Any ideas?

It looks like the loops might be muted (the loops themselves not the channel they are on). It might be helpful if you posted screenshots of your settings for the clips.

How did the loops get into that state? Gesture? Midi mapping? Widget?

• @espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:
    Any ideas?

It looks like the loops might be muted (the loops themselves not the channel they are on). It might be helpful if you posted screenshots of your settings for the clips.

How did the loops get into that state? Gesture? Midi mapping? Widget?

If muted they would be much darker. This happened after I’ve mapped a controller button to mute all.

• Ok got it. Seems like unlike loopy pro has a third state. When mute all is used it dims but not as dark as actual individual mute. That confused me.

Thanks @espiegel123

• I’m not sure if I like this way of doing things as without visually looking at the screen one could easily forget that mute all is on and thing something’s broken. ..leading to freak outs during a live set.

I guess this has something to do with controller integration? @Michael

• @supadom said:
    Ok got it. Seems like unlike loopy pro has a third state. When mute all is used it dims but not as dark as actual individual mute. That confused me.

Thanks @espiegel123

In what way is dimming different from individual mute? Below are pictures of a single clip muted and all clips muted. The colors look the same.

Could you change thread title to include “SOLVED”?

• edited November 2022

Not what I see here @espiegel123
    Unmuted

Mute all

Mute single

• @supadom : that loop in the bottom picture looks stopped, not muted. Are you sure it s muted and not stopped?

• @supadom : how did the clip in the “mute single” picture get muted?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @supadom : that loop in the bottom picture looks stopped, not muted. Are you sure it s muted and not stopped?

Defo not stopped. The doughnut is spinning

• @espiegel123 said:
    @supadom : how did the clip in the “mute single” picture get muted?

Via mute binding on the launch control XL

• @supadom said:

@espiegel123 said:

As a create a button and add the mute action (by default it will toggle) and target the clip. Tap the button and report what happens.

It is possible that the mute binding is toggling the play state rather than muting. Is the action one you created or a built-in action?

@supadom said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @supadom : that loop in the bottom picture looks stopped, not muted. Are you sure it s muted and not stopped?

If the clip is phase locked (the default mode) the playhead will spin whenever the transport is running even if the clip is 'stopped'

• edited November 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:

@espiegel123 said:

As a create a button and add the mute action (by default it will toggle) and target the clip. Tap the button and report what happens.

It is possible that the mute binding is toggling the play state rather than muting. Is the action one you created or a built-in action?

When I create a button and bind it to mute all it behaves exactly as the physical button on LCXL. Ie the loops dim but only half way.

@supadom said:

@espiegel123 said:

If the clip is phase locked (the default mode) the playhead will spin whenever the transport is running even if the clip is 'stopped'

Both transport and the loop are running.

• @supadom said:

@espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:

@espiegel123 said:

When I create a button and bind it to mute all it behaves exactly as the physical button on LCXL. Ie the loops dim but only half way.

@supadom said:

@espiegel123 said:

Both transport and the loop are running.

What you describe sounds like whatever you did for the 'mute single' picture actually was stop for a phase-locked clip.

Muted clips look like the clips in my picture and your mute all picture.

Is this a binding you created or is this an automatic binding?

If it isn't an automatic binding, can you take a screenshot of the binding in the MIDI Control panel to show what action is being triggered?

• edited November 2022

Ok @espiegel123 so it seems like it is bound to play stop. I come from loopy HD and the behaviour seems the same but it looks like it isn’t.

Shall I just replace play/stop binding with mute unmute in order to start recording if loop is empty and mute/unmute once it’s full? I’m just trying to recreate the behaviour I had in Loopy HD

• @supadom said:
    Ok @espiegel123 so it seems like it is bound to play stop. I come from loopy HD and the behaviour seems the same but it looks like it isn’t.

Shall I just replace play/stop binding with mute unmute in order to start recording if loop is empty and mute/unmute once it’s full? I’m just trying to recreate the behaviour I had in Loopy HD

Play/stop is fine. The behavior is the same as in Loopy HD. If you are using phase-locked loop there probably isn't a reason to use Mute instead of play/stop.

I think the main reason why one would use mute is if you were using free mode and wanted to imitate phase-lock behavior so that you can mute/unmute without restarting the loop from the beginning.

• @supadom : play/stop is usually what people use to do what you describe. you can set them to play/stop/or overdub when the recording is done in Clip Settings.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @supadom : play/stop is usually what people use to do what you describe. you can set them to play/stop/or overdub when the recording is done in Clip Settings.

I just changed the mute all to start/stop all loops and it seems to work how I want it.

🙏

• @supadom : I think loopy hd used mute/unmute for what pro calls start/stop and Loopy Pro’s mute may not have been hd. Maybe