Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPadOS 16: using StreamByter auv3 problem not showing keyboard to edit lines

edited October 2022 in Loopy Pro

As in the title.
Under StageManager LoopyPro minimise keyboard too fast when opening SB gui, under Drambo the keyboard shows properly. I use both apps together so I can edit in Drambo, save preset and load in LP.

Comments

• @szczyp said:
    As in the title.
    Under StageManager LoopyPro minimise keyboard too fast when opening SB gui, under Drambo the keyboard shows properly. I use both apps together so I can edit in Drambo, save preset and load in LP.

This has been happening for a while, for me with StreamByter in AUM. It is not new with iPadOS 16. The only cure I've found is to force-quit and reload the host.

You don't need to use Drambo as a host for editing outside LP. You can edit in StreamByter stand-alone, Install Rules, then save the script to iCloud. Then you can load it in the AUv3.

• edited October 2022

I have this issue in both streambyter and in Mozaic. My fixes (for AUv3, not standalone. no issues in standalone for me):

• SB, go to save the script, tap on the name to edit (keyboard will show again), cancel save and edit in main window again. Keyboard will be present.
    • Mozaic, open safari, tap in the address bar to bring up keyboard, go back to Mozaic.

The mozaic one works 90% of the time, the SB work 110% of the time. No need to reload hosts.
    It seems if you attach the keyboard in a basic OS function, like saving or a built in iOS app, it resolves itself for a while.

I actually reported this and had a few convos w/ Bram Bos. He said it’s a real bitch to get keyboards attached in AUv3 and when you move the AUv3 window, the keyboard sometimes doesn’t know where to attach itself.
    (i could be paraphrasing the a bit too much)

Edit: this issue appeared in iOS15 for me. Never had an issue before, but I only used Mozaic before. Can’t speak to when it appeared in SB.

• @AlmostAnonymous . Thank you for doing the extra research. I forgot that I had noticed it in Mozaic as well. And it is a significant point that the keyboard is a "floating" object that needs to be attached (by the host) to the already floating AUv3 window.

• Now it’s only my crappy code to cause me frustrations and not keyboards…..

….now back to putting logic conditions on else’s for me
    facepalm.jpg

• Thank you both for inspiration 🙏

• Ok , it is related to connected novation launchpad mini mk3 which lastly get “keyboard” function.
    When it is disconnected everything is like normal, but after connecting the onscreen keyboard no longer pop up , as iPad think I have connected normal keyboard to type.
    Do you know guys how to enable “show keyboard” even if there is connected physically recognised keyboard?

• edited November 2022

@szczyp said:
    Ok , it is related to connected novation launchpad mini mk3 which lastly get “keyboard” function.
    When it is disconnected everything is like normal, but after connecting the onscreen keyboard no longer pop up , as iPad think I have connected normal keyboard to type.
    Do you know guys how to enable “show keyboard” even if there is connected physically recognised keyboard?

Do you see a keyboard icon in the lower right of the screen? This would be when you're in a text entry field. This works for normal situations, with a real KB and a document editor, like Notes. Not sure if it would work in an AUv3. Also, you may still have the problem of AUM (or Loopy Pro) not allowing the keyboard to appear.

• @szczyp said:
    Ok , it is related to connected novation launchpad mini mk3 which lastly get “keyboard” function.

Do you need the keyboard commands? I haven’t updated my Launchpad (nor used it much) because of this new “feature”. Possible to downgrade the firmware to 1.0.5 or something?

• Im consideing downgrade, dont know If possible. But… in case of working with SB … at least I know that simplest is… to disconnect Launchpad.