Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

free Korg legacy presets for iWavestation, M1, MS-20, MonoPoly and Polysix

I was looking for Richard Devine's presets for Korg legacy Wavestation. These seem to be just performances, no original patch programming, but they are good.

They are here:

https://id.korg.com/static_pages/1

Along with a bunch of other free Korg legacy content (for M1, MS-20, Monopoly and Polysix).

I have only tested the Richard Devine Wavestation presets. They load fine in iWavestation using the legacy menu item. Be warned, this clobbers all three user cards, so save your custom iWavestation performances and patches first.

(edited to mention the other synths, I don't own these yet)

Comments

• edited November 2022

@circledsquare said:
    I was looking for Richard Devine's presets for Korg legacy Wavestation. These seem to be just performances, no original patch programming, but they are good.

They are here:

https://id.korg.com/static_pages/1

Along with a bunch of other free Korg legacy content (for M1, MS-20, Monopoly, Polysix and LegacyCell (desktop only)).

I have only tested the Richard Devine Wavestation presets. They load fine in iWavestation using the legacy menu item. Be warned, this clobbers all three user cards, so save your custom iWavestation performances and patches first.

thanks for this!
    the instruction on the download page dont do it as written. How’d you do it?

edit: ahhh. not iOS…

• @Littlewoodg, I plugged my iPad into a laptop and transferring the fxb file into the iWavestation folder (this is not directly accessible from the iPad unfortunately). Then I opened it using the "legacy" menu item in the import menu.

I use this same procedure for syx (sysex) files too because the interface is more elegant this way. I can switch between different syx cards during one iWavestation session. But I know that at least syx files can be opened directly using Files without using this old iTunes app folder approach if you are willing to kill off iWavestation each time you open one.

• @circledsquare said:
    @Littlewoodg, I plugged my iPad into a laptop and transferring the fxb file into the iWavestation folder (this is not directly accessible from the iPad unfortunately). Then I opened it using the "legacy" menu item in the import menu.

I use this same procedure for syx (sysex) files too because the interface is more elegant this way. I can switch between different syx cards during one iWavestation session. But I know that at least syx files can be opened directly using Files without using this old iTunes app folder approach if you are willing to kill off iWavestation each time you open one.

thanks, interesting. i do use itunes app folder access with laptop and iMazing, might dig around…

• It's well worth it - Richard Devine has created some really cool performances, they are almost all keepers for me. They aren't as glitchy as some of his other presets (like for Animoog).

Of the other Korg synths, do you have one you prefer, maybe for bass?