Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vatanator Pro

Comments

• Well I emailed the dev twice today and he responded within minutes both times. I am watching this one closely definitely has a lot of potential once the issues that some people are reporting get sorted out

• I bought it. I have a good feeling about it

• @Telstar5 said:
    I bought it. I have a good feeling about it

fun?

• So far; I need more time with it..

• Was looking for an iOS version of the akai force I sold. BM3 is good but way too deep. Aside from no sample chopping or stretching functions yet, vatanator pro looked like it would suit my needs. Sadly tho the latest 2 updates cause crashes when opening some of my AUIs. The app just shuts down as soon as I click the AUI. Some work, some don’t, strange… I tried contacting the dev via the support web page but no answer or fix yet. So for know its on the shelf.

• edited October 2022

@mashipx said:
    Was looking for an iOS version of the akai force I sold. BM3 is good but way too deep.

What kind of workflow from the Akai Force are you looking for, and what about BM3 is too deep?

Have u tried/considered NS2 or ZenBeats? I think ZenBeats is the closest to the Ableton type workflow which reminds me a bit of the force. But one may argue ZenBeats has a deeper workflow then BM3 so there’s that. NS2 has no audio tracks but is really easy to get up and going with for many.

Aside from no sample chopping or stretching functions yet, vatanator pro looked like it would suit my needs. Sadly tho the latest 2 updates cause crashes when opening some of my AUIs. The app just shuts down as soon as I click the AUI. Some work, some don’t, strange… I tried contacting the dev via the support web page but no answer or fix yet. So for know its on the shelf.

Yea, it’s on the shelf me also. I hope the dev reads thru this thread and applies some of the feedback given. I think we all want this app to be a winner.

• Are there any videos of this app in action?

• Hey guys,

We really appreciate your comments and recommendations and we can assure you that we will continue to improve the app, new update is coming soon.

@prtr_jan,
    to be able to record automation while turning plugin knobs, you must first add the desired plugin parameter automation on the track pattern before recording.

@tput73,
    the virtual piano keyboard can be used as MPE controller too. just enable MPE mode.

@Jumpercollins,
    we re considering more that 1 FX per slot to be implemented in some of new versions.

@Gdub,
    Check those two videos:

if you have anything to share or ask, you can write to us directly at [email protected] and we will be happy to help.

• @backpullver
    I will watch the videos tomorrow
    Thanks

• @backpullver
    Right on, just saw this.
    What I’m curious about is can I view playback on the isomorphic keyboard?
    If I was to import a midi file into Vatanator Pro can I see the notes from piano roll trigger the isomorphic keys. I’ve found this very helpful to learn this way vs sight reading.

• @tput73
    Yes, the keys light up during playback

• hi dev!

sorry if this is covered somewhere - i'm looking for a mostly smooth experience for importing midi files to play through external synth w/ clock sync; is the ui to import midi straightforward/intuitive? ie rn im using xequencer but importing midi is so annoying not going to lie; i even emailed the dev (to no response) lol. first you have to tap insert, then another tap for midi file, then it opens its own file browser which only accesses its own folders (cant store things in icloud now!). the file browser never returns to the folder you were in previous, or returns to where you were in the browser previous, so its incredibly tedious to constantly import new midi files and i hate it

is it any simpler to import midi in your app? lol

• @yahwehq
    you have two options, first one is via finder, drag'n'drop on the pattern itself, the second one is demonstrated in the screenshot

• edited October 2022

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    There’s a ton of potential here. But I don’t think it’s quite ready for prime time. If the dev puts this back in the oven a little longer, I think it’s a real winner. The natural comparison I first thought of was BM3 along with a blend of some features of other apps due to the pads.

There’s a lot of good here but I want to highlight a few issues that stood out to me:

3x4 is a little meh. Please give us the ability to have 4x4 even at the cost of slightly smaller pads, or let us move the top menu/section out of the way. Hopefully I’m wrong here and there’s a feature I missed to move/remove the top menu cutting off the final 4 pads. I don’t like scrolling pages for them

Note Repeat appears to ‘arp’ instead of simply note repeat. This is bad for drums since you can’t ‘roll’ a hi hat and snare/kick at the same time like u can with BM3, MPC, Maschine Etc.

I’d really like to be able to search for Auv3’s or at the very least have them easier to scroll thru alphabetically. The current way they’re organized by vendor wasn’t obvious to me at first. I also would like IAA to have its own sub menu instead dog sharing it with auv3, I’ve accidentally selected an IAA a few times. AUM is the template to follow here.

Auv3’s are constantly inundated with overlays on the side that block the functions of the auv3. I feel like nothing should be in the auv3 space except for the auv3.

Is sidechaining possible? Because I don’t see it. If not, please add that, thanks 🙏

The ‘eject’ button for a plugin always presents a prompt asking if you’re sure you want to get rid of the plugin, this is ok on the first time but I really would like a ‘don’t show again’ check box. I think they should follow AUM’s approach here. Worst case scenario I have an undo button. I’d rather just use that vs the safety warning.

A Metronome on only during recording option would be great. Currently u have to decide on/off and that’s it.

I’d also like more playhead buttons. Dedicated RWD, FF, Stop buttons would be great.

Dragging a midi file in from files (via drag n drop) is a guaranteed crash for me.

Dragging audio onto the pads from files (via drag n drop) works but is fickle. Sometimes it gives the green +1 and sometimes it doesn’t. It’d be cool to get more consistency here if possible

Things within the piano roll/step sequencer don’t stay in their rectangles when u zoom out. There’s some spill over into the next cell. This is just visual, but still, a distraction.

It’d be great if the piano roll could scale lock like the pads can.

And visually speaking, I’d really like some color on this GUI. So please dev offer more skins and/or let us customize this thing to our liking.

And this last one probably won’t happen, but I’d love to be able to play pads chromatically like u can in BM3. Just throwing it out there.

@backpullver just making sure you see this 👆

Edit: @_backpullver

• to the users: whats the good word on this one?

• @Littlewoodg said:
    to the users: whats the good word on this one?

+1 looks interesting but seems to have gone quiet in people’s minds

• Yeah what happened ? Hopefully he’s hard at work on it .

• Hi guys,

All our apps are 40 to 50% off till November, 28.

Regards,
    Backpullver Team

• @_backpullver said:
    Hi guys,

Regards,
    Backpullver Team

Hey, don’t change the subject , lol!

• Any more experiences or comments regarding Vatanator Pro? Stability , workflow any new video demos ?
    Really interested in this one

• Does it still only load one auv3 fx per track?

Can you make groups?

How easy is to side chain?

The timeline accept audio tracks?

• @Telstar5 said:

@_backpullver said:
    Hi guys,

Regards,
    Backpullver Team

Hey, don’t change the subject , lol!

This. I left a lengthy review above but no response. Hopefully it is because they’ve been busy with the app development.

• I saw that it accepts audio tracks, how are they working for you?

are they saved on the project file or just linked from outside?

Cheers

• edited November 2022

@ipadbeatmaking
    Hey, what are the IAPs on this one…?
    Thanks!

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @ipadbeatmaking
    Thanks!

• @cokomairena said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @ipadbeatmaking
    Thanks!

zero dot zero zero sounds good
    thanks for the reply!

• How’s everyone liking this one so far? I have a thing for groove boxes and this is the only one I don’t own yet but I’m very tempted as I love the OG Vatanator. I know other apps do similar things but every app inspired me in different ways and I’d like to try this one out I think

• curious to hear this too

• Lost interest. Too much like work.

Right now I’m good with AUM and a few AU apps, FLSM, and DawnBeat.