Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JWM - Foley (Lofi)

edited November 2022 in Creations

So here is a Lofi track comprised of sounds 100% recorded by me.

Special thanks to @trickyflemming for his wonderful apps and to @elf_audio for Koala Sampler and @j_liljedahl for the always incredible AUM. Production notes in the Soundcloud description. Cheers.

Comments

• nice, now thats the lofi vibe. well done

• @shinyisshiny said:
    nice, now thats the lofi vibe. well done

Thank you so much mate. :)

Well, this track was a bit of a pain to make. My original plan was to create my Lofi EP in Koala on my iPhone SE 2 and master in AUM. However, Koala standalone does crash half the time when I save my project on the iPhone (it does save, but then goes kerplunk lol). So I created this track on my iPad instead where Koala standalone does not crash and is stable. (I've sent the bug report to @elf_audio ).

So I think the rest of my tracks will be produced on my iPhone in Nanostudio 2 and then all mastered in AUM one after the other with a field recording of some sort looping in the background. (The reason I call Foley a "demo" is that it isn't the final master but just mastered as its own track.)

The wildest part is, I went back to the "My Licenses" section of my Image-Line account, because I remembered this old sample pack from the early-to-mid 2000s called "The Lofi Box". Image-Line were very much ahead of their time, because the tons and tons of dry drum samples are perfect for creating Lofi beats! 😳 In fact, those drum samples are what I used to produce the beat for "Lofi Wizardry" here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x5fbt57dnh872l/JWM - Lofi Wizardry (Demo)-converted.m4a?dl=0

Anyways, that's enough of me chatting. Back to my "dungeon" to make more music. 🤣