Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2 worth the upgrade?

edited November 2022 in General App Discussion

I don't use patterning as much since I got playbeat, polybeat, and the klevgrand drum/percussion apps. I love the ui and like everyone prefer an auv3 workflow... But I do love patterning and always get great results when I use it. Do owners of both have selling points / things they can't live without on patterning 2 they could share? I'm still holding out some cash for an amazing noises and mixbox sale, and trying to figure out of I want to use my leftover cash for this or for any surprises (still saving 20 for the UA pack of fx once it drops, which is one of those great surprises!).

Comments

• I don’t own any klevgrand apps but I have patterning 1 and then got 2. I would definitely upgrade you got more features, a mixer and a lot bigger and better user interface

• I also love Patterning and I think the second one is worth it but of course it's your call. Ratcheting is one of the main adds to the 2nd one and also a tuning selector for melodic stuff. You can run them both together, too! ;)

• Patterning was worth the upgrade for me.
    Its great for ratcheting (as previously mentioned) and for the midi in/out, melodic capability, the built in mixer with effects, the song building, the kits and the option - which can be accomplished, but after a lot of work/sussing out how to do it with other drum apps - of having each drum lane progress forwards or backwards...

super capable. I have 2 on my phone and my ipad. totally worth (your budget and tastes may vary)

• Melodic capabilities, eh?! How are you folks using them? To tune some stabs or to sequence more heavily? This sounded awesome in the description but hearing ppl's use cases always helps ☺

• This is an interesting read so many years later. Now i'm tempted :lol:
    Back then I was so stuck on my mindset of "Nope. I got P1 and 'recently' and doesnt justify the upgrade yet"
    And that being an Olympia Noise fan

• @MFBT said:
    Melodic capabilities, eh?! How are you folks using them? To tune some stabs or to sequence more heavily? This sounded awesome in the description but hearing ppl's use cases always helps ☺

It’s just fun to get a single arp sample and draw in and tweak sequences/velocity/pitch. Feels like a fun coloring book.

I’m forever miffed at Patterning 2 for going for some refined drab gritty color scheme as the default. Yes I know he eventually added it back and more, but the vibe was ruined from the start. Then that two page thing per pattern for sequences longer than 16-steps? Totally a bummer when trying to program and anticipate in real time. And yes, I know he added back the legacy handling all on one screen mode, but it still didn’t always take for me. Still prefer the original, and still hoping an AU isn’t too far down the line (or to economized like the gimped iPhone version. Original is still #3 iOS app of all time after Animoog and Audioshare.