Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg microKorg and ELECTRIBE-R

Comments

• AUv3’s for iOS/iPadOS would be nice though…
    C’mon KORG!!!

• This is huge! I wanted Microkorg to be a VST for so long. It's a classic VA and it's great that Korg have done this.

• edited November 2022

@auxmux said:
    This is huge! I wanted Microkorg to be a VST for so long. It's a classic VA and it's great that Korg have done this.

I'm waiting there for ages, too. But it's not worth 100 bucks to me. Anyway, I'm looking forward to when the Microkorg moves into Gadget. It fits in there perfectly and will certainly be significantly cheaper.

My initial euphoria has subsided anyway, because I have far better options on my hard drive in terms of synth and vocoder, and the special charm of the Microkorg hardware is unlikely to be reflected in the plug-in.

• This just goes to show once again that KORG has most likely by now forgotten that iOS/iPadOS exists and the only 'new' stuff they push are IAPs for Module...

...hope Korg proves me wrong!

• Bought the upgrade bc I already have Korg Collection 3. I will buy anything new from KORG, even if it's $100! I'm not interested in the Gadget plugins though.

• Yeah looks like new Korg Collection 4
    I Keep sleeping on this as it’s a little pricey for a instrument bundle compared to others on Desktop

Gadget update please Korg!

• @frosttrance_7 said:
    Bought the upgrade bc I already have Korg Collection 3. I will buy anything new from KORG, even if it's $100! I'm not interested in the Gadget plugins though.

Yeah, it's not a bad upgrade for $99 to get all three new VSTs.

• Blah, guess they got my money this time. I’ve been monitoring local buy/sell for an Electribe-R -- this won't be hands-on like the hardware or even iElectribe, but it will be nice having full automation control in Ableton. And as a card-carrying Millennial Hipster (TM), I'll always have a soft spot for the MicroKorg.

• It's a funny value proposition. You can get all three above for 300 or get the complete Korg set for the same money.

• I got v3 last year so the upgrade is $99. Does anyone know if there is currently a v2 upgrade path? It looks like one of the upgrade bundles might be it for $149. Basically, I am trying to work out what the cost of going to v3 to v5 might be, given that I’m not desperate to get these new synths at the moment. If the difference is only $50 then waiting for the next version will probably the better option for me.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    I got v3 last year so the upgrade is $99. Does anyone know if there is currently a v2 upgrade path? It looks like one of the upgrade bundles might be it for $149. Basically, I am trying to work out what the cost of going to v3 to v5 might be, given that I’m not desperate to get these new synths at the moment. If the difference is only $50 then waiting for the next version will probably the better option for me.

$50 is likely the case, given v2 upgrade path.

• Yeah, bring these to iOS/Gadget please Korg

• @R_2 said:
    Yeah, bring these to iOS/Gadget please Korg

Yes please, especially the microkorg for ipad. please.

• Nice vid about the hardware ER-1

• @R_2 said:

Where's the iPad versions?! I mean they even say import from popular iPad & iPhone versions for the Electribe thing...
    Korg better deliver something for the iPad tomorrow Friday...

• @Samu said:
    Korg better deliver something for the iPad tomorrow Friday...

+1 Korg! …and Monday would be fine for me too :D