Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PaulXStretch - Extreme Time Stretching

Comments

• I'll be at least updating the beta today so it doesn't expire! And I hope to wrap up enough fixes this weekend to go ahead and release it as an app very soon.

• @sonosaurus congrats ! a proper release would be a monumental move for Sonosaurus and hopefully bring more visibility to the brand as a whole.

Cheers!

• @sonosaurus said:
    I'll be at least updating the beta today so it doesn't expire! And I hope to wrap up enough fixes this weekend to go ahead and release it as an app very soon.

Will you have a tip jar?

• @sonosaurus said:
    I'll be at least updating the beta today so it doesn't expire! And I hope to wrap up enough fixes this weekend to go ahead and release it as an app very soon.

That's great news! Thank you for your awesome apps and all you do for the iOS music community. 🙂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@sonosaurus said:

That's great news! Thank you for your awesome apps and all you do for the iOS music community. 🙂

Based dev for sure 😎

• @sonosaurus said:

Brilliant! Thank you.

• Really looking forward to this!

• OK, the TestFlight version has been updated:

Changes for PaulXStretch 1.5.0 (113)

• Added ability to save/load presets (.pxs files) which store all the parameter settings
    • now dismisses the internal file browser when item double-tapped or open/save pressed
    • Shows FFT size in millisecs as well
    • Fixed another initialization bug
  • @sonosaurus said:
    OK, the TestFlight version has been updated:

• Added ability to save/load presets (.pxs files) which store all the parameter settings
    • now dismisses the internal file browser when item double-tapped or open/save pressed

Thanks!!

• @sonosaurus said:

Awesome thanks @sonosaurus

• @sonosaurus said:

Amazing! Thanks @sonosaurus !

• big thanks and ^bump
    hope the release is near :)

• Well, now...

• Seriously? Waka_x doesn't have enough new apps right now :-)
    I'm in an app frenzy and not even black friday yet.

Last week though I decided I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about with PaulXStretch, went to Sonosaurus website and joined the testflight. This worked for me, and I guess more testers is good, right?

• Can't wait for this to be released for real!

• Exactly.... Open beta, who gives a damn when it's released 🤷‍♂️ 😁

• release is not a whim for me. I use it since old times Paul's version ( I know Paul ) and I use it nowadays in the amazing Xenakios/Sonosaurus form in improvs and live act. I would like a "release" version just to have the peace of mind that it won't expire or smth offhand won't happen with the whole setup. but ofcourse I will wait for it like the others here.

• @Gavinski said:
    Exactly.... Open beta, who gives a damn when it's released 🤷‍♂️ 😁

Those of us who, after 30 years in the software business, don't do beta software... ;)

• @lasselu said:

@Gavinski said:

Those of us who, after 30 years in the software business, don't do beta software... ;)

It's pretty stable - don't think there are any current issues, though maybe there are. Anyway, I don't think bumping this thread is going to make any difference to when it is released - it's clear the dev will do it in his own sweet time 😉

• @Gavinski said:

@lasselu said:

@Gavinski said:

It's pretty stable - don't think there are any current issues, though maybe there are. Anyway, I don't think bumping this thread is going to make any difference to when it is released - it's clear the dev will do it in his own sweet time 😉

Maybe. With that said, it's kinda irritating to use this forum as a beta feedback forum.

There's more of us out there like @lasselu who bristle at the idea of being pushed into being beta testers to use an app. My interest was also piqued...at an eventual release of this app.

• But nobody is being pushed into anything. Give feedback if you want, otherwise just enjoy the option to demo an app and feel no pressure to give feedback. I really don't understand the problem. With ios generally having no demo function, apart from offerings from a few devs like red rock sound, I'd love to see all apps have open betas.

@CalCutta said:

@Gavinski said:

@lasselu said:

@Gavinski said:

Maybe. With that said, it's kinda irritating to use this forum as a beta feedback forum.

There's more of us out there like @lasselu who bristle at the idea of being pushed into being beta testers to use an app. My interest was also piqued...at an eventual release of this app.

• @Gavinski said:
    But nobody is being pushed into anything. Give feedback if you want, otherwise just enjoy the option to demo an app and feel no pressure to give feedback. I really don't understand the problem. With ios generally having no demo function, apart from offerings from a few devs like red rock sound, I'd love to see all apps have open betas.

@CalCutta said:

@Gavinski said:

@lasselu said:

@Gavinski said:

I never implied that I felt forced into anything. Like I said, it's using this forum as a beta forum (unless the owner of this forum is doing it, as its their forum). That gets irritating to see and I highly doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

"Give feedback if you want", I thought that's exactly what I was doing...

• @CalCutta said:

@Gavinski said:
    But nobody is being pushed into anything. Give feedback if you want, otherwise just enjoy the option to demo an app and feel no pressure to give feedback. I really don't understand the problem. With ios generally having no demo function, apart from offerings from a few devs like red rock sound, I'd love to see all apps have open betas.

@CalCutta said:

@Gavinski said:

@lasselu said:

@Gavinski said:

I never implied that I felt forced into anything.

You literally said 'bristle at the idea of being pushed into being beta testers to use an app'

Anyway....

• @CalCutta said:

Why? You don’t have to participate, nobody is twisting your arm. Just wait for an announcement of the release.

The dev in this case has been clear from the start that he’s keeping this as a free app, so in this case asking for help from the community seems like an excellent plan.

And even if the app was going to be paid, where else would a dev find a willing community of potential testers to help iron out as many bugs as possible? Again, you don’t have to participate.

• Also. Just because an app is called beta doesn’t mean it is unstable or any more prone to crashing or other problems than a non-beta app. In this particular case, the software has been stable and reliable for many releases. There are plenty of non-beta apps not as reliable as this.

One can certainly choose not to use apps designated as beta… and it seems a little odd to treat an app known to be reliable as if it were some unstable unreliable piece of software.

• @sonosaurus thank you for your hard work
    This has been such an inspiration to use with my collection of found sounds.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Also. Just because an app is called beta doesn’t mean it is unstable or any more prone to crashing or other problems than a non-beta app. In this particular case, the software has been stable and reliable for many releases. There are plenty of non-beta apps not as reliable as this.

One can certainly choose not to use apps designated as beta… and it seems a little odd to treat an app known to be reliable as if it were some unstable unreliable piece of software.

Also there are plenty of post-beta apps that have serious issues…beta to me implies a gray area where there may or may not be some tweaks required to finalize a version. Definitely not an indication of an unusable app.

• I might as well flip the switch on this one! Sometime over the next few days, hopefully. Keep bugging me if you don't see it...

• @sonosaurus said:
    I might as well flip the switch on this one! Sometime over the next few days, hopefully. Keep bugging me if you don't see it...

Paging Cal Cutta. Cutta grip, will ya!??