Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• It's more interesting than an OP-1F and a fraction of the price! I may consider this in the future.

• ( not a serious comment )

The LoFi market is "saturated"

:P

• Companies shouldn't release these things around Black Friday. We need at least a few weeks to recover from all the splurging to want to buy MORE gear.
    Sigh.. it goes in my wishlist.

• @audiblevideo said:
    ( not a serious comment )

The LoFi market is "saturated"

:P

lol

• I literally cannot avoid the GAS. All their stuff is so cheaply priced and looks great. I really want one but I JUST bought an Akai Mpk Play :cry: :lol:

• Seems the nearest place to buy would be Germany. I'm in the UK.

• @cyberheater said:
    Seems the nearest place to buy would be Germany. I'm in the UK.

@cyberheater Give them time to populate in stores. Gearnews reporting Dec 2nd for UK.

• Liven LoFi 12 (no $ talk, please!) 😂

I love this thing!. I’m gonna hold back because I already own a Digitakt that I severely under-use. But this is poly and it’s got a nice arp mode, seems a better choice for general use. If you need tweaking and deep editing I’d really miss a display, which I forgive because… obviously $ talk!.

• @ervin for the price of that TE backpack you couldn’t resist, you could’ve gotten this sweet piece of gear. Then again, you can’t store an arugula sandwich inside a LoFi 12…

• Looks cool but nothing you can’t do easily with apps. :)

• @cyberheater said:

UK's branch from musicstore.de should have it in stock by Dec 9th.

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Sonicware-LIVEN-Lofi-12/art-SYN0008472-000

• @BroCoast said:
    Looks cool but nothing you can’t do easily with apps. :)

I’d love to try this. How do you set it up?

• @robosardine said:

@BroCoast said:

Just quickly thinking about it.

The laid back setting is just offset in Drambo. The 12 bit/24khz thing can be emulated easily with Bit Redux and Decimator.

Vinyl & Casette emulation = Reelbus, Chow etc.

Everything else it does seems pretty basic Drambo/Koala.

• @l33tzke said:

@cyberheater said:

UK's branch from musicstore.de should have it in stock by Dec 9th.

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Sonicware-LIVEN-Lofi-12/art-SYN0008472-000

Thanks.

• edited November 2022

Shame no time stretch

• edited November 2022

@tahiche said:
    @ervin for the price of that TE backpack you couldn’t resist, you could’ve gotten this sweet piece of gear. Then again, you can’t store an arugula sandwich inside a LoFi 12…

As it happens it will fit* smoothly into the backpack, mate. Who's laughing now? 😎

*I have the space because meanwhile I got rid of those silly wooden dolls - they were too cheap and so yesterday anyway.

• There is a new version of Liven's grooveboxes every year. Not sure how many they actually sell. I'd buy it over anything TE, but yeah all this can be done in Drambo, easier, faster, better.

• @auxmux said:
    There is a new version of Liven's grooveboxes every year. Not sure how many they actually sell. I'd buy it over anything TE, but yeah all this can be done in Drambo, easier, faster, better.

I’m not sure I’d agree that Drambo can do it easier faster and better. (For clarity I think Drambo is an amazing piece of software)

Maybe if you’re fluent with Drambo you can achieve the same results but Drambo is a much more complex beast to get to grips with and I’d imagine this is more immediate to use.

Also this is cheaper to buy than a new iPad too.

• I’m assuming Drambo samples in stereo?
    Lofi12 doesn’t.
    Also, connectivity. You cannot transfer samples from PC. And if you want to upload your creations, you’ll need to invest in an interface for your iPad to capture the performance from the unit.

Despite all that, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was one click away from “checking out” last night. Free shipping to the US btw.

• edited November 2022

@BroCoast said:

@robosardine said:

@BroCoast said:

Just quickly thinking about it.

The laid back setting is just offset in Drambo. The 12 bit/24khz thing can be emulated easily with Bit Redux and Decimator.

Vinyl & Casette emulation = Reelbus, Chow etc.

Everything else it does seems pretty basic Drambo/Koala.

And to add, most people tend to place bit reduction type of FX on the FX chain along with their other common FX. But those who have grown up with hardware samplers understand that certain FX should be placed on the sampler input chain in order to get a better emulation.

• @CRAKROX said:

@auxmux said:
    There is a new version of Liven's grooveboxes every year. Not sure how many they actually sell. I'd buy it over anything TE, but yeah all this can be done in Drambo, easier, faster, better.

Also this is cheaper to buy than a new iPad too.

It is, but also FAR more limited than an iPad.

• Hardware and Software, the too are different items totally, fed up now reading Drambo comparisons. Go with what’s in front of you. Both provide inspiration.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Hardware and Software, the too are different items totally, fed up now reading Drambo comparisons. Go with what’s in front of you. Both provide inspiration.

I’m with you. I’m just talking out loud in my attempt to help address a question asked by a fellow member. BTW, I still haven’t closed out that browser window from last night of my shopping cart, lol.
    And to add to your point on software/hardware, most long time AB members whose iOS musical output has been valued as a sound designer or otherwise, do own both.
    As for myself, I’d like to think of this unit no differently than keeping an acoustic guitar within arms reach of your couch. Especially when you don’t feel like staring at a screen or firing up the start sequence to the nuclear reactor. (USB hubs, controllers, ect)
    At this price point, it doesn’t cost more than a couple dozen apps priced at $9.99

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Hardware and Software, the too are different items totally, fed up now reading Drambo comparisons. Go with what’s in front of you. Both provide inspiration.

Totally and sorry for bringing up the D word.

Looks like a very fun bit of kit. I will probably buy one to take to work with me.

• @Jumpercollins said:

👏👏👏 Thank you. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Just go with what's in front of you.

Regarding going with what's in front of me, right now my goal is to produce a Lofi EP in 90% Koala Sampler (beats, sequences, etc), 10% in AUM (a little Ambient noise like rain against a window to accompany the sounds, then RX950👉MagicDeathEyeStereo👉Needlepoint👉Lo-fi-af👉Barricade (as I miss Barricade, lol)). I will dive back into Drambo 2.0 later on and produce another Lofi EP 100% in that.

That said, I have GAS for the Liven Lofi-12 but don't feel like learning a new piece of kit at the moment nor having to buy some sort of interface to record audio into the iPad.

• It does look like a fun little box to curl up on the couch with!

Hmm

Lofi 12
    1.74 pounds (790 grams)

iPad Pro 12.9”
    1.51 pounds (685 grams)

Dang, it’s actually heavier than my iPad! (Source: Sonicware and Apple)

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I’m with you. I’m just talking out loud in my attempt to help address a question asked by a fellow member. BTW, I still haven’t closed out that browser window from last night of my shopping cart, lol.
    And to add to your point on software/hardware, most long time AB members whose iOS musical output has been valued as a sound designer or otherwise, do own both.
    As for myself, I’d like to think of this unit no differently than keeping an acoustic guitar within arms reach of your couch. Especially when you don’t feel like staring at a screen or firing up the start sequence to the nuclear reactor. (USB hubs, controllers, ect)
    At this price point, it doesn’t cost more than a couple dozen apps priced at $9.99

From what I've watched so far, I do like the sequencer of this box. Might be a good front end to touchable apps.