Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cherry Audio's version of the CS-80 is out now, called the "GX-80"

edited November 2022 in Desktop

We'll see on November 22, but this sounds pretty exciting. And as usual, they'll sell it at a very fair price compared to their competition.

Comments

• edited November 2022

I’m really excited. The CS-80 patch on my CS-6x received the most use. And I’m certain that particular patch greatly undermined the real thing.

[Edit] Just saw this is in the desktop category. Still gives me hope though, haven’t they been in the process of porting some stuff to iOS recently?

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I’m really excited. The CS-80 patch on my CS-6x received the most use. And I’m certain that particular patch greatly undermined the real thing.

[Edit] Just saw this is in the desktop category. Still gives me hope though, haven’t they been in the process of porting some stuff to iOS recently?

I hope so. I'm sure a number of their synths would translate really well to iOS.

• One more day...

• And here's Tim Shoebridge going over the new synth's features:

• I'm testing the demo version now. It is REALLY nice.

• $59 intro from $79? Ouch! Good luck with that...

• @telecharge said:
    $59 intro from $79? Ouch! Good luck with that...

Wait six months and you can probably get it for $19.99

• @yowza Yeah, I just bought Miniverse for $16. 😛 I don't think they've priced one this high, though.

• @telecharge said:
    $59 intro from $79? Ouch! Good luck with that...

They said they've been working on this one for a year. I think that price is going to stay up there for a while. And so far it sounds like their work really paid off.

• I really like the sound of the CS-80, and Vangelis was brilliant, but I'm covered with MemoryMoon ME80, Analog Lab, and Syntronik V-80.

• I don't know if I'm happy or sad that it's not available on iOS... :)
    I spent way too much money on iOS music stuff and collected much more apps than I really need. I'm afraid I couldn't resist if this GX80 was available on iOS.

• edited November 2022

@GLacey said:
    I don't know if I'm happy or sad that it's not available on iOS... :)
    I spent way too much money on iOS music stuff and collected much more apps than I really need. I'm afraid I couldn't resist if this GX80 was available on iOS.

I've seen some posts suggesting that Cherry Audio might bring some of their synths to iOS (unfortunately I don't remember where I saw those comments... maybe on CA's forum posts).

• Can the keyboard be hidden? All these emulations insist on having keyboards in their UIs, which serve no purpose.

• I’d pay $59 for it on IOS in a heartbeat.

• Installed demo and ready to check it out tonight!

• So I'm new to CS-80 tones or any vintage Yamaha. Which presets to check out first?

Especially interesting in tones that are great but not like Moog or Roland.

• I’m a big fan of the CS-80. Not hearing the character here. It’s nice, but a bit watered down. The CS-80 had timbres that needed taming. This sounds like it needs waking up. Hope to be proven wrong though.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I’m a big fan of the CS-80. Not hearing the character here. It’s nice, but a bit watered down. The CS-80 had timbres that needed taming. This sounds like it needs waking up. Hope to be proven wrong though.

Download the demo and try it out. There's a lot to consider with this monster. I love it so far.

• Just tried for awhile, running it on a MacBook Pro M1 through the MPC2 software going into an MPC standalone.

Sounds good so far, but I had some major software hanging. It seemed to happen when I ran the AU plugins, not so with the VST plugins.

• @joegrant413 said:
    Just tried for awhile, running it on a MacBook Pro M1 through the MPC2 software going into an MPC standalone.

Sounds good so far, but I had some major software hanging. It seemed to happen when I ran the AU plugins, not so with the VST plugins.

Working well on my M1 iMac so far as an AU and standalone.

• Holy schneikes they have a totally free Moog Rogue! And right as my hardware is dying a slow painful death! I’ll finally get to test for myself if these Cherry Audio synths are is great as they seem. That Rogue sound is burned into me.

• I want it. I wonder what Vangelis would say though. That old thing? Lmao. I've moved on. Did you see me play on a Philicorda in '79? No. I like the cutting-edge, not the retro

(Note: I have no idea what he actually would say, I've only read a total of two interviews or something. But he's actually on my list of people to learn more about, his workflow and thoughts on songwriting and what-not. I've heard about the cards he used, if that was him.)

• @Stargazer said:
    I want it. I wonder what Vangelis would say though. That old thing? Lmao. I've moved on. Did you see me play on a Philicorda in '79? No. I like the cutting-edge, not the retro

(Note: I have no idea what he actually would say, I've only read a total of two interviews or something. But he's actually on my list of people to learn more about, his workflow and thoughts on songwriting and what-not. I've heard about the cards he used, if that was him.)

Fair comment. V definitely moved on in the mid 80’s. I didn’t though, I feel there’s more to say with those sounds…

• edited November 2022

@Stargazer said:
    I want it. I wonder what Vangelis would say though. That old thing? Lmao. I've moved on. Did you see me play on a Philicorda in '79? No. I like the cutting-edge, not the retro

Have you at least seen his ridiculous custom midi setup? He’s got that thing masterminded like a boss. And paper notes! How novel!

I wonder what he called that workstation, you just know he had a super-nerdy name for it or a woman’s name like a man calls a car. Ol’ Betsy.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Stargazer said:

Have you at least seen his ridiculous custom midi setup? He’s got that thing masterminded like a boss. And paper notes! How novel!

I wonder what he called that workstation, you just know he had a super-nerdy name for it or a woman’s name like a man calls a car. Ol’ Betsy.

Never saw him in action like this before. I only have a vague memory of seeing a video of him performing a little from the Bladerunner soundtrack, using synths and real orchestral instruments.

Outstanding mastery of his musical tools.

• Another video:

• edited November 2022

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Stargazer said:

Fair comment. V definitely moved on in the mid 80’s. I didn’t though, I feel there’s more to say with those sounds…

Same. Been especially nostalgic and retro of late, will be playing around with Tal (Juno 60) when BF is over. Also, we have more to be retro about than people back then. We have all they had plus way more, so there's something for everyone. Made sense for them to be a bit more into the cutting-edge.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Stargazer said:

Have you at least seen his ridiculous custom midi setup? He’s got that thing masterminded like a boss.

Very cool video. I found this article (+video) analyzing and recreating Tears in Rain. Interesting to see exactly what synths he used for each sound.