Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam with Jordan by AudioKit Pro - Released

edited November 2022 in General App Discussion

Jam with Jordan by AudioKit Pro

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1524167609

Jam with Jordan is a fun new app that allows you to create musical ideas. And, jam out.
Powered by Grammy-winner Jordan Rudess' original musical motifs for this app. Jordan Rudess has been voted the best living keyboard player in the world for two consecutive years. But, you don’t have to be a world-class talent to make music with him.

It’s perfect for kids and people exploring music-making. Create and play chords, drums, lead, and bass sounds!
Explore iOS music-making with this fun and original concept.
Plus, there are over 50+ new instruments and drum sounds to play with.

FEATURES

Create an entire song idea with the touch of a button with the "Magic Wand" feature!
Play with over 50+ original multi-sampled sounds and drums
Easy enough for kids, no musical training required!
Export your creations to WAV files to share
500+ MB of sounds compressed to under 140 MB
Works on both your iPhone & iPad for one low price

What magic will you create?

If you (or someone you know) want a fun way to make great music without any formal ability or training, this is the app to do it!

JAM WITH JORDAN, Today!

#

CREDITS
ORIGINAL MUSICAL MOTIFS / CONSULTING / MAGIC
Jordan Rudess

SWIFT UI CODE / SOUND ENGINE
Aure Prochazka, Jeff Cooper

SOUND DESIGN / ORIGINAL SAMPLES
Analog Matthew Fecher,
Jason Donnelly & Matthew Yost (Soundtrack Loops)

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 14.5
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Finally... an app that will finish my 200+ 8 bar loops into songs :lol:

• Yehaaa it might even turn me in to a musician.

• @senhorlampada said:
    Finally... an app that will finish my 200+ 8 bar loops into songs :lol:

🤣😂

• Looks like a Jordan Rudess joint.

• Has a magic wand option to instantly create a track, I saw a Twitter video of it.

• edited November 2022

We're clearly approaching the day when ”writing music” consists of changing a few settings and pushing a button. Or better yet, have the ”studio” analyze your spotify usage + mood and other things, so you can bypass the settings phase and just push the button. I mean, we've had automated composing for decades, but it's getting better, more adaptive and more accessible etc. (Edit: if it's not clear, I have mixed feelings about this development. It's both disturbing and kind of fascinating.)

• I'm not sure to understand. I want to create music. ME, not a computer. I'm not sure to understand. It's not a judgment, just a question by curiosity. My goal is to create better track each time to improve my skill. I don't want to cheat.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I'm not sure to understand. I want to create music. ME, not a computer. I'm not sure to understand. It's not a judgment, just a question by curiosity. My goal is to create better track each time to improve my skill. I don't want to cheat.

I can’t speak for this app cos I don’t know the details of it. If it’s just press a button and a song is generated then meh. I treat using generative stuff as a form of jamming in a way though. Apps like Piano Motifs and Beatly that allow me to enter keys and even chord progressions and then generate something to help me take what’s generated and then refine it into a piece of music like I would if I were jamming out ideas on my guitar or keyboard. Sometimes it can help me get outside the box cos I’ll tend to fall into habits on my instruments and get a little stagnant. And then apps like Scaler actually improve my relationship with music cos I learn a lot about theory and how to get better at composition

• edited November 2022

@Montreal_Music said:
    I'm not sure to understand. I want to create music. ME, not a computer. I'm not sure to understand. It's not a judgment, just a question by curiosity. My goal is to create better track each time to improve my skill. I don't want to cheat.

I guess the new skill is, AI. Sorry, but I could never come up with some of these lines that these apps create (iBassist for one)..

Looking forward to this in a few hours..

• Others - An app that makes music for you, pass.

Me - Another source for sampling fodder. 😈

• @Montreal_Music said:

I think this is a bit of an old-fashioned attitude. Djs for example don't make the tracks they play, mostly, but it's what they do with them that matters. There's technical skill involved in that, there's taste, etc etc. Virtuosity in performing / arranging etc, is not the main criteria to judge whether music is good. Just my two cents 😉

• edited November 2022

Yeah that Twitter vid is a bit cringe 😂

But yes, the app does / can have a performative aspect that involves skill both in terms of composing and coordination. It doesn't have to be purely generative.

• @Montreal_Music said:

I feel you bro. My case is similar. I want to cover distance. ME, not a machine. My goal is to get faster each time to improve my skill. I don't want to cheat. Driving and flying is for the weak. 👊

• @ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

I feel you bro. My case is similar. I want to cover distance. ME, not a machine. My goal is to get faster each time to improve my skill. I don't want to cheat. Driving and flying is for the weak. 👊

Haha, creating music (art) is not like covering distance. Walking 1756 miles to visit the family is not my kind of thing :)
    I think that each human want to be good at something (meaning of life). In my case, I want to be good at creating music. We each have our goals. For some reason, I need to know that the music has been produced by a human to enjoy it. I'm not everyone, but I'm sure many feel the same.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Haha, creating music (art) is not like covering distance. Walking 1756 miles to visit the family is not my kind of thing :)
    I think that each human want to be good at something (meaning of life). In my case, I want to be good at creating music. We each have our goals. For some reason, I need to know that the music has been produced by a human to enjoy it. I'm not everyone, but I'm sure many feel the same.

Fair enough. I couldn't resist, but tbh I do see your point. 🙂

It's the same with so many things in life, isn't it. For example, the idea of lab-grown meat freaks me out. But what if it gets to the point where I can't tell the difference? Will it then become an empty prejudice on my part? Likewise, what happens when we can't tell whether a song was written by someone or something?

• edited November 2022

@ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

It's the same with so many things in life, isn't it. For example, the idea of lab-grown meat freaks me out. But what if it gets to the point where I can't tell the difference? Will it then become an empty prejudice on my part? Likewise, what happens when we can't tell whether a song was written by someone or something?

I can beat Magnus Carlsen at chess IF I can use my phone to play against him. Why is he famous and not me? I'm not trolling, just trying to casualy find the meaning of life before going to bed :)

• This is always a big source for debate.
    At this point, maybe it´d be a good idea to create another category of music, AI music.
    There´s a thin thin line between an app that creates a track for you and generative music, in the latter you at least have to create certain set of rules through which notes are generated.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

I can beat Magnus Carlsen at chess IF I can use my phone to play against him. Why is he famous and not me? I'm not trolling, just trying to casualy find the meaning of life before going to bed :)

Good question, actually. I'm not sure being a chess superstar will still be a thing in 20 years, when every last free chess app will have been better than the best humans for decades. Good night 👍

• Is this Audiobus compatible ?

• Magic song creation - at last, something bloody Drambo can't do! :smiley:

• It's got its work cut out if its gonna compete with Beatly Pro. Importing custom samples and generating new songs using sounds you designed is really nice. Stem out and throw into Loopmix to create B-sections and I can have some listenable tracks done fairly quickly or at least the start of a good song to refine.

• @ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

People still run marathons though. Why bother, since they could just drive? :p

The reason artists feel compelled to make art is (usually) because they are intrinsically motivated to do so, it's a desire that comes from within - because making art is fulfilling to the artist.

So AI art, in whatever form (illustration, writing, music), is never going to be able to fulfil that role. Feeding an algorithm with a prompt is not the same as spending years learning how to draw, or how to play an instrument, or how to write well. So humans will still make art, because doing so is personally fulfilling to them.

AI art, AI music, AI writing etc are very much becoming a thing, and will definitely shake things up in a big way. My guess is that artists will probably find ways to subvert these technologies and create something unexpected with them. But if they don't then we will probably all get bored of seeing art that is ultimately going to become very samey and generic. As impressive as the tech can be, at best it can only rehash and mashup existing (human-made) art. It's not capable of being truly original.

• @richardyot said:

@ervin said:

@Montreal_Music said:

People still run marathons though. Why bother, since they could just drive? :p

Because they don't want to cheat, obviously! Just like me. Duh. 😶

• @Simon said:
    Magic song creation - at last, something bloody Drambo can't do! :smiley:

depends on the definition of "song" hehe

• @shinyisshiny said:

@Simon said:

depends on the definition of "song" hehe

Exactly, it's easy enough to build a song based on scenes and clips even though there's no traditional time-line :sunglasses:

• I'd be happier if they actually fulfilled the roadmap for synth one and made it auv3..

• edited November 2022

@richardyot said:

Feeding an algorithm with a prompt is not the same as spending years learning how to draw

• @symianbeatz said:
    I'd be happier if they actually fulfilled the roadmap for synth one and made it auv3..

I guess that's never going to happen unfortunately.

Same with timing lag for kick drum on 909 app.

Oh well, interested to see how this new app turn out.

• @symianbeatz said:
    I'd be happier if they actually fulfilled the roadmap for synth one and made it auv3..

The other apps have some unfixed issues as well but It's more fun to push out new apps I guess?! :sunglasses:

With that said I really do like the AKVerb thing. So far I've had ZERO issues with it...

• @Simon said:

Don't say that they will try to prove you it can. 😆