Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Anyone here into XLN XO for desktop? Crazy good.

Comments

• yes. love it.

• yes, it's crazy, just rediscovered my samples that I made more than 20 years ago mixed with new stuffs...

• I bought Atlas before this came out and now I really want this as well!

• How is it compared to Atlas? Been using that with VCV Rack recently.

• Yep, I beta tested. It's a great drum program. I don't use it a lot as I'm more into acoustic drums but when I need something outside that arena this a great way to find and use alternate sounds.

• @gusgranite said:
    I bought Atlas before this came out and now I really want this as well!

The biggest difference is how it works as an actual drum machine. This is a long video, but if it’s your bag, well worth watching:

And my XO playlist:

Bonus for desktoppers:

My Cthulhu playlist:

• yeah it’s awesome!

• edited February 2021

Seems Atlas 2 is on his way out soon, and seems way more advanced...Wait & see...

• edited February 2021

@CapnWillie said:

@gusgranite said:

@auxmux said:
    How is it compared to Atlas? Been using that with VCV Rack recently.

Atlas was supposed to get some of these features and many more but that turned out to be Bs. The Dev made a lot of promises, then disappeared and stop responding to anyone.

Really crappy how he handled it and Atlas was very promising. It’s still good for organizing sounds and finding samples but XO is much much much deeper and more useful.

Not close imo.

It sounds like the Atlas beta is still cooking. Fingers crossed.

• @gusgranite said:

@CapnWillie said:

@gusgranite said:

@auxmux said:
    How is it compared to Atlas? Been using that with VCV Rack recently.

Atlas was supposed to get some of these features and many more but that turned out to be Bs. The Dev made a lot of promises, then disappeared and stop responding to anyone.

Really crappy how he handled it and Atlas was very promising. It’s still good for organizing sounds and finding samples but XO is much much much deeper and more useful.

Not close imo.

It sounds like the Atlas beta is still cooking. Fingers crossed.

I’m skeptical. The XO drum machine is pretty developed at this point.

• I'm demoing Atlas... tried to map one of the sample folders from Native Instruments but Atlas seems to reject it. Is that a thing? Or, maybe I'm doing something wrong, like maybe the folder is to big.

• Bump...Atlas 2 seems very long to be released... :(

• Hello,
    Atlas 2 is out !
    https://algonaut.audio/whats-new-in-atlas-2-0/

Let's compare... :)

• I read from some who used it (Atlas 2) and they think that the sequencer is very good and overall is now better than XO? Others feel XO hasn't been updated in quite a while. (Probably similar to Atlas before this) I'd love to hear though from any of you who have used both how you think. 👍

• Haha, yeah I am on the same page here.
    Atlas and XO are on sale right now and both seem very capable of handling huge sample collection. Would love to hear something and comparison and insights