Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Drambo as a drum computer - some of the many ways to do it.

edited November 2022 in App Tips and Tricks

Anyone's input is welcome here!

Let me start with a simple sequencer setup that contains a 2-bar drum loop.
The first bar contains the usual loop and the second bar contains a drum fill.

With the setting shown in the screenshot (a jump that is controlled by the cycle condition), the first bar will be repeated 3 times and every 4th bar, the fill will be played.

Enable the cycle buttons 1..6 and increase the Length to 8 and you'll have a fill every 8th bar.
Disable all buttons to have the pattern playing as-is.

Comments

• Also try using the grid view to compose beats on just one page.
    Note the navigation strip on the bottom in the middle. Tap and swipe to select more than one bar for viewing and editing, swipe more to the right to add additional bars. Tap-hold on a bar to see editing functions like copy, paste, delete, crop or advanced editing like transpose by semitones/octave or shift one step forward or backward, with cycling function.

• edited November 2022

Drambo is my favorite drum sequencer and sequencer in general on iOS.

• I love it, but use it in the most basic of ways and forget some of its ways when I come back to it after a while. Say I want to randomize the offset in flexi sampler for a hat or whatever. Is it as simple as putting an lfo and then a random device after, or is there a better way?

• @Model10000 said:
    I love it, but use it in the most basic of ways and forget some of its ways when I come back to it after a while. Say I want to randomize the offset in flexi sampler for a hat or whatever. Is it as simple as putting an lfo and then a random device after, or is there a better way?

It's as simple as that, yes. Route the LFO to the Offset knob in Flexi.
    Make sure you disable the "Bipolar" mode in the LFO.

• @rs2000 are all those drum sounds on different tracks? If so, I guess you added more than the standard 8 tracks, correct?

• Thanks RS, had the bipolar on.

• edited November 2022

" you added more than the standard 8 tracks, correct?">

I'm not @rs2000, but on the Main page, hit +, select track in the menu and voila: u have Track 9.

• @rs2000 said:

Don’t you mean output? 🥁🥁💥

• edited November 2022

@mistercharlie said:
    @rs2000 are all those drum sounds on different tracks? If so, I guess you added more than the standard 8 tracks, correct?

Yes. Just easier to sequence and you can also get more tracks by loading AUv3 Drambos into Drambo - like one Drumbo, one Synthbo, one Bassbo, one Reverbo, one Compresso etc etc. (Cheers!)

By the way, to change the default pitch on a track when sequencing on the "drum grid", just select that track and hit the desired key on the keyboard. Adding sequencer steps will now default to that note. This is remembered for each track individually.

Adding tracks was always possible but the current beta, released soon on the Appstore, is now much more robust when doing so.

• @satchnut said:

@rs2000 said:

Don’t you mean output? 🥁🥁💥

That would be even better 😄

• @rs2000 said:

On desktop, I often modulate an LFO with an LF0 and one of the options in the LFO with sine/up/down etc is random. So the modulation is never the same and it's hands free.

For example, send random to the LF0 that's controlling the offset in flexi, or any way to continually randomize the offset (hands free no controller)? In Drambo, how would this be done best?

I did read the manual and random was only mentioned in the plock area. 😅

• @Model10000 said:

@rs2000 said:

On desktop, I often modulate an LFO with an LF0 and one of the options in the LFO with sine/up/down etc is random. So the modulation is never the same and it's hands free.

For example, send random to the LF0 that's controlling the offset in flexi, or any way to continually randomize the offset (hands free no controller)? In Drambo, how would this be done best?

I did read the manual and random was only mentioned in the plock area. 😅

The LFO does have two random modes, please scroll to the bottom of the list 😉
    No need to use two LFOs here - if you put it into S&H mode and use a high enough LFO frequency, the output signal is already fit for modulating the start point.

• @rs2000 - thank you for creating the thread. Much appreciated. I'll read and learn. 👍

• How would u imitate the “remix” feature from DC to Drambo?

• @rs2000 said:

@mistercharlie said:
    @rs2000 are all those drum sounds on different tracks? If so, I guess you added more than the standard 8 tracks, correct?

Yes. Just easier to sequence and you can also get more tracks by loading AUv3 Drambos into Drambo - like one Drumbo, one Synthbo, one Bassbo, one Reverbo, one Compresso etc etc. (Cheers!)

Aye, it makes things a bit neater and is the way I do group processing.

• And I guess you can have a preset project just for drums and use that in the AUv3 instance.

• I love aleyas's Drambo drum sequencer over on Patch storage: https://patchstorage.com/klevgrand-seq/

Says it's designed for Klevgrand drum apps (Ting, Slammer) but it works well with anything you point it at.
    16/32 beats per bar resolution, Roland style step input, re-trigger, Euclidean, stochastic, a lovely sequencer mode for quickly drawing in 16th hi-hats etc with velocity and even a finger drumming pad recorder. All input methods gel perfectly.
    My ideal drum sequencer and I didn't even have to build it myself :)

• edited November 2022

@Model10000 said:
    I love it, but use it in the most basic of ways and forget some of its ways when I come back to it after a while. Say I want to randomize the offset in flexi sampler for a hat or whatever. Is it as simple as putting an lfo and then a random device after, or is there a better way?

Lately I’ve been experimenting with ways to have a little more control over the random modulation states but still have the element of surprise with unexpected happy accidents/evolving patterns.

One fav way takes 3 modules: Knobs module, random module, and a switch N-1 .. Add as many individual knobs as you want , route them all into Switch N-1 and use random module to control N-1’s index, with random’s range set according to how many knobs you added. Then use Switch N-1 as mod source for flexi offset and/or other parameters. P-Lock each step with as as many knobs as you want ..

I temporarily use a slider module to control N1’s index to set and audition each knob’s value on all the steps , then replace with random once I have a lot of interesting variations using all knobs. If wanting a bit more randomization, you can always add a S&H LFO as one or more of the Switch N-1 inputs. I’ve come up with some very interesting evolving patterns with this one.

• Thanks from me too. Drambo offers so much but it can be overwhelming. These workflow tips are invaluable to help get people on the Drambo train.

• Awesome thread. I came to the conclution that Drambo is the most awesome drum
    machine ever, and i’m ready to make a deeper divd into thd rabbithole 🤘🏼

• @rs2000 thank you for the post 👌🏻

@Eschatone sounds cool, I’ll give it a try. Patterning has always reigned supreme for me to get evolving percussion on iOS , but it’s not AU and it’d be nice to see it all in one place.