Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SAND - Sequencer and AUv3 Host by Matteo Caldari - Released

edited November 2022 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1642467684

Description:

SAND is a grid based sequencer and host for audio plugins. An intuitive yet powerful way to produce music, without getting in the way of creativity.

Host your favorite plugins (instruments and audio effects), control their parameters and presets, record and playback midi clips with the on-screen keyboard or external MIDI keyboard.

Connect and map your MIDI surface to completely control the app, mapping is flexible and customisable. By using buttons mapped as "shift" keys, you can expand the ability for a MIDI device to control the app.

Record your performance and export it as audio file, with separate stems.

Can’t you find your favorite feature? Head to https://getsand.app and vote on the roadmap!

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 15.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• edited November 2022

Looks very interesting!
    Nice, simple layout - I would imagine it uses very low resources.
    At first I thought “another mousetrap” but just like Sitala seemed basic, after using it I come to realize it does simple better than most - this app may do the same for arrangements.
    I may grab this after seeing it in action.

• Could be interesting. Can’t find anything about serial and parallel auv3 fx options in the online manual.

• The video on the web page shows some nice integration with the nanoKEY. I like that the developer is using Canny for the suggestion/voting mechanism (same as Loopy Pro) : https://roadmap.getsand.app .

• SAND is dope, was on the closed beta. Lots of potential! Roadmap is exciting dev is extremely responsive :)

• Interesting! Is there an open beta?

• @taeo said:
    SAND is dope, was on the closed beta. Lots of potential! Roadmap is exciting dev is extremely responsive :)

Then you could def give an answer on my question, see above! :)

• Looks like an intuitive UI/UX after watching the video:

• edited November 2022

@Slush said:
    Could be interesting. Can’t find anything about serial and parallel auv3 fx options in the online manual.

AU FX will arrive in a future update. The roadmap is great to see what the dev is planning

Edit: meaning Midi AU FX

• edited November 2022

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Slush said:
    Could be interesting. Can’t find anything about serial and parallel auv3 fx options in the online manual.

AU FX will arrive in a future update. The roadmap is great to see what the dev is planning

I think my question isn’t clear. I can see from the images in the app store that you can add auv3 fx. So, do you have the option to process these fx parallel and/or serial? Like in AUM and Apematrix. @taeo

• @Slush said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Slush said:

I think my question isn’t clear. I can see from the images in the app store that you can add auv3 fx. So, do you have the option to process these fx parallel and/or serial? Like in AUM and Apematrix. @taeo

Ohhh I thought u meant au midi fx.

• i guess it will be another app that i won’t be able to get because im on ios 14.8 and at least ios 15 is required 😔 and because i already spend over $2,000 in apps in a short period of time i don’t want to risk not being able to use the apps that i already paid for and that haven’t been updated, and some of them are my most use apps, so not being able to use apps that i already paid for, will mean losing or giving my hard earned money for free, and money doesn’t grow on trees where i come from, also that is making me realize, that spending that much on apps specially in such a short period of time just to have my collection ready for when i need or want to use them, was the wrong move, because when it comes to apps its no such thing of collecting apps, because collection means i can always have access to them, and when it comes to apps specially ios apps, having a collection its not a real thing making it the worst investment anybody can do, anyway im just realizing that right at this moment 😣

• edited November 2022

👍🏼

• Strange place to add screenshots of your apps. This is about a new app coming not your angst to upgrade. BUT! I have most of what you have and are always on latest iOS, 16.1.1 now. Sure some shit happens but if you gonna go worry about speedy technology development - you've got the wrong hobby (joke).

• Man I like that performance thingie. It would be so nice to have your own (used) custom controllers on screen so you don’t have to open/close AU screens. I was hoping for some marriage between Loopy Pro and AUM but this could be an alternative.

• Been on the beta expecting big use of this once it out and the development expands as planned.

• edited November 2022

@SLPGroundSoundMusic nice collection! And thank you for giving us a free thumb exercise in scrolling through it. You will for sure have a lot of fun playing with all those goodies during long winter evenings.

• Curious how this is better than Drambo.

• @Pxlhg said:

Strange place to add screenshots of your apps. This is about a new app coming not your angst to upgrade. BUT! I have most of what you have and are always on latest iOS, 16.1.1 now. Sure some shit happens but if you gonna go worry about speedy technology development - you've got the wrong hobby (joke).

well my bad about the picture im practically new to this website so im still not sure about your “rules”
    but anyway, making music specially making beats it has been more then just a hobby for me, been doing this for more then 15 years and i do make money out of it which some of the money i use it to invest back to what i do, and no im not worry about speedy technology im just saying that ios updates for me can become a speedy waisted of money when my investment stops working, maybe thats its ok with you, but not really with me, i know its not the apps developers fault, because it is apple making it happen, im a fan of the music apps developers on the app store and ios devices, but not so much of the continuously updating ios versions

• Could we keep the thread on topic please! I’m interested in this new app and not in scrolling through unrelated autobiography.

• @auxmux said:
    Curious how this is better than Drambo.

Maybe more comparable to Roland Zenbeats?

• @auxmux said:

It isn’t better than Drambo, that’s a different type of app, but I think it’s more focused and just about being an easy, fun, fast, fluid groovebox vs modular heaven + groovebox. This app will let you get up and going fast. Creating requires very little thought or steps.

• @ALB said:

@auxmux said:

I could see that. The clip launching side at least. Except this is much lighter and simply focused on getting your au3 instrument midi laid down vs all the other bells and whistles ZB has.

• edited November 2022

@auxmux said:

@auxmux

It’s a new Ableton Style simple clip sequencer au host and wouldn’t say it’s been designed to be a Drambo crown stealer. We all know what Drambo can do. Their different apps so one is not necessarily better than the other as Drambo had a few years to grow, the journey with Sand is just starting hopefully. Think Launchpad App as a AU host.

• $6.99 in the States expected release date is Tuesday November 22, 2022

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@ALB said:

@auxmux said:

I could see that. The clip launching side at least. Except this is much lighter and simply focused on getting your au3 instrument midi laid down vs all the other bells and whistles ZB has.

Agreed, and because of that, I have a feeling that I would use it more.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@auxmux said:

@auxmux

It’s a new Ableton Style simple clip sequencer au host and wouldn’t say it’s been designed to be a Drambo crown stealer. We all know what Drambo can do. Their different apps so one is not necessarily better than the other as Drambo had a few years to grow, the journey with Sand is just starting hopefully. Think Launchpad App as a AU host.

Cool, I think I'll hold off for now and see where this heads. For now, I think I have enough options to explore elsewhere.

• Just tested and must say that ergonomic needs to be improved in this one.

• @israelite said:
    Just tested and must say that ergonomic needs to be improved in this one.

U mean in terms of responsiveness to touches? Things like selecting groups of notes for example?

• edited November 2022

@Gavinski said:

@israelite said:
    Just tested and must say that ergonomic needs to be improved in this one.

U mean in terms of responsiveness to touches? Things like selecting groups of notes for example?

The app opened in Files window and then I needed to navigate to a location to save it's session. I was quite surprised. The first screen a user should see could be a main window, a welcome screen. This would be more suitable.
    Just felt like a half baked app on first impression.