Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THU—Holy Grail for Fender sound

1474849505153»

Comments

• Well, dang. I only have an iPad.

• @Sabicas said:
    Well, dang. I only have an iPad.

They occasionally have sales.

• I’ll post in depth later in the dedicated Tonex thread, but basically the Tonex app is in no position to unseat or replace our favorite guitar apps. Yes I was able to get phenomenal tone and feel with 3-4 of the provided captures, but that’s just the beginning of the story. Lots of bugs, missing features, inconsistencies, logistical headaches. The software and the UX/UI are really unfortunate. I would say for now, stay for the tone and feel and don’t spend any money.

• Black Friday, 50% off bundles.

• Actually, the prices don’t look different to me. Is $18.99 for the Funk and RnB pack really 50% off? I don’t remember it ever being $38. The Premium bundle is $64 but I can’t remember if the full price was $128.

• The Premium bundle is $64 but I can’t remember if the full price was $128.

Yes.

• What is your go-to amp/rig you fire up when you just want to play and practice?

• It is not related to the Fender sound, but I did buy the Rob Balducci artist pack, currently 18 euro's.

I don't own the full THU version, only some rigs, and the Balducci pack has a some nice pedals and EFX units, a few amps and a couple of rigs. I think it is a nice package.

I also will buy the Marty Friedman pack, no rigs but still a interesting collection of amps and pedals.

• If you buy a rig, you have effects which are in this rig for separate usage, or only inside the rig? > @raabje said:

It is not related to the Fender sound, but I did buy the Rob Balducci artist pack, currently 18 euro's.

I don't own the full THU version, only some rigs, and the Balducci pack has a some nice pedals and EFX units, a few amps and a couple of rigs. I think it is a nice package.

I also will buy the Marty Friedman pack, no rigs but still a interesting collection of amps and pedals.

• edited November 2023

@MAtrixplan said:
    If you buy a rig, you have effects which are in this rig for separate usage, or only inside the rig? >

The plain rigs, these are captures of real amps and cabinets, and also with some pedals in the signal chain. So some OD/Dist pedals are baked in. You get a lot of different captures when you buy a pack.

If you buy an artists pack, you get amps, pedals and cabinets. The Rob Balducci pack is the only one with some rigs incorporated.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    If you buy a rig, you have effects which are in this rig for separate usage, or only inside the rig? > @raabje said:

It is not related to the Fender sound, but I did buy the Rob Balducci artist pack, currently 18 euro's.

When rigs mention pedals they almost always mean that the pedal is baked into the capture. None of the rigs I have include a separate pedal component .

• edited November 2023

@espiegel123 said:
    When rigs mention pedals they almost always mean that the pedal is baked into the capture. None of the rigs I have include a separate pedal component .

Now I think about it, there is a rig pack that gives an extra pedal, the Choptones Fender Trem63 has a seperate tremolo pedal. (Obviously) the rig cannot capture the moving sound of the tremelo.

I think when you don´t want to go "full in" THU, get the Rob Balducci pack to get you going, with the current discount. It gives a bit of everything.

• @audiobussy said:
    TONEX has a number of clean Fender models for free. I’m going to check them out today and report back…

Is there usually a Black Friday IOS sale for Tonex? I was considering the Tonex SE but it's more expensive than the PC Tonex SE version.