Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soundpaint 2.0

Comments

• This sounds insane. They give away the engine for free to build your own instruments too.

• edited November 2022

$15 discount on any Soundpaint instrument here: http://soundpaint.refr.cc/nigelt

Soundpaint is amazing - a rapidly growing set of deep sampled instruments covering a wide range of real and processed sounds in an engine that's got a whole load of features like built in effects / arps and the ability to combine parts from any of the instrument libraries. Oh, and you can create libriaries from your own samples...

The engine is free, along with 3 pretty good starter libraries.

It's a bit of a beast...a great intro video here:

• As far as I can tell, this is a desktop app, correct?

• edited November 2022

@mistercharlie said:
    As far as I can tell, this is a desktop app, correct?

Yes - with the size of the instrument libraries I don't think this will ever make it to ipad.

• There may be a weird glitch in the process of using a $15 referral discount. It only applies to the first purchase and it seems that the free ASMR library might count as a purchase even though it's free so if you already downloaded this before trying to use the discount it won't work. The free piano apparently doesn't count as a purchase. I'm contacting Soundpaint to ask them to change this behaviour.