Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IZotope discontinuing products

I got two emails today about iZotope discontinuing some of their products.

Looks like they are dumping most of their reverbs, and also Iris 2 and the wonderful Trash.

Support will still be in place for a year, but it’s sad to see these go.

Comments

• edited October 2022

Not a surprise, they've been selling a lot of those for $10 for a few years now with no / very few updates. I think with VST3 reaching mainstream, there's a lot of plugins will end up same way. Just like when the switch to 64bit happened.

• I recommend grabbing Iris 2 while still available. It's still a pretty fun plug, but the copious samples it comes with slide right over into other apps like FRMS.

• edited October 2022

noooooooo!! not Trash! greatest sound mangler of all time. Trash was so influential in neuro basses / heavy bass sounds. hopefully they make trash 3 ASAP or something similar.

• I wouldn’t be too shocked if some of these companies having fire sales on their software go out of business soon. Even more difficult economic times are coming soon, if the vast majority of economists are to be believed.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    noooooooo!! not Trash! greatest sound mangler of all time. Trash was so influential in neuro basses / heavy bass sounds. hopefully they make trash 3 ASAP or something similar.

That is the one that makes me sad too. I could live without the others, but Trash is something special.

• BreakTweaker is also discontinued and that one makes for some really cool drum patterns.

• Break tweaker and iris were such eyesores, i could never use them for long. Iris seemed cool and weird though, shame, this.