Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A truly fascinating view of the history (and future) of music

edited May 2022 in Knowledge Base

I know Rick Beato can be bit of a issue for some people, but his guest Ted Gioia is a truly fascinating guy with tons of ideas about how musicians can discover new ways (in the near future) to monetize their music.

He also covers a great deal of music history and would probably make an awesome TED Talks guest.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Who has an issue with Rick Beato? He’s great! I know of no other music teacher/musician/producer with a bigger reach today thanks to his YouTube channel.

• This is a genius interview. Thank you.

• @NeuM said:
    Who has an issue with Rick Beato?

Was wondering the same! He can “be a bit of an issue”??

• @NeuM said:
    Who has an issue with Rick Beato? He’s great! I know of no other music teacher/musician/producer with a bigger reach today thanks to his YouTube channel.

He is very “music sucks now, it was only good back in my day” about a lot of new music coming out right now, so I get (and often share) those criticisms. But some of his “what makes this song great” videos are very good.

• Sorry to push the “Rick can be an issue” thing, but in the past, I’ve posted Beato segments that received quite a bit of negative blowback for whatever reason. Just wanted to encourage those who seem unable to appreciate his knowledge and talent to watch an interview with a truly impressive gentleman who has a great appreciation of the past (1600’s anyone) and a unique concept of what’s possible in the future.

• @echoopera said:
    This is a genius interview. Thank you.

👍🏻 Was definitely impressed by Ted’s amazing historical knowledge and thoughtful ideas and concepts.

• Thanks for posting this; so many interesting ideas here. I wonder a lot about how streaming services affect our attention span. When I've been with people watching Instagram, for example, which often has some kind of music posts, it always sounds like someone just continually changing tv channels over and over. Nothing can ever "sink in".

• Great interview. Brought me to Ted Gioia. Read his Healing Songs book, filled in a lot of missing historical blanks and tying many loose ends from magic & ritual & community & of course music. Subscribing to his Substack is well worth it. I find 3 out of 4 of his missives worth the time to read. Ymmv