Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pianoteq 8 released

edited November 2022 in Desktop

What's new in version 8

Classical guitar
The nylon Classical Guitar for Pianoteq introduces a new exciting category of physically modelled instruments, with emulated gestures and natural instrument noises for breathtaking realism.
The instrument UI is designed so that you do not have to be a guitarist to use it. Various tweaked presets are offered, ranging from a 12-string acoustic guitar to a Greek bouzouki or even an electric guitar.

Improved piano model
All contemporary acoustic pianos, the Vintage Reeds electric pianos and the Concert Harp have been carefully revoiced in order to increase authenticity and playability of these instruments. Everything is tailored to suit demanding recording projects and performances.

New slick GUI facelift
Reflecting this new major upgrade, Pianoteq 8 offers a fresh streamlined user interface, enhancing readability and usability. Instruments and scenes are now nicely displayed for a clear presentation of preset selections.

iOS app
The long awaited app for Apple iOS is in progress and will be compatible with Pianoteq 8. No compromise has been taken, the same software will be delivered.

https://www.modartt.com/pianoteq
https://www.modartt.com/upgrades

Comments

• edited November 2022

Gamechanger for ios piano. Its not just the sound its the feel of playing the pianoteq is what makes it so fun to play.

• Can Pianoteq be tweaked so it approximates something like NI Una Corda? https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/una-corda/

• edited November 2022

I not tried that, una corda is single stringed so don't think it can do that. There are different versions (and prices) of pianoteq , the pro version can make alot of changes and morphing. Might be something on the modart forum.

• I hope they are quicker than Behringer.

• This is fantastic news. It makes zero sense to have gigabytes after gigabytes of piano samples on an iPad, but it makes all the sense to have Pianoteq. And the Rhodes is superb too.

• Excellent news - I’ll have to upgrade, and looking forward to the iOS app.

• @Grandbear said:
    Can Pianoteq be tweaked so it approximates something like NI Una Corda? https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/una-corda/

Well since 7.5 you get a better soft/mute pedal and a little closer to the whole Una Corda vibe. But it sounds a bit unnatural IMO. I rather use other soft pianos on desktop.

• I'm so happy to hear this, i really appreciate Pianoteq's microtuning abilities

@LarsDaniel said:
    This is fantastic news. It makes zero sense to have gigabytes after gigabytes of piano samples on an iPad

Fully agree!!

• heshes
    edited November 2022

@Grandbear said:
    Can Pianoteq be tweaked so it approximates something like NI Una Corda? https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/una-corda/

Yes, starting with version 7 it comes with felt piano presets for the individual pianos. You can download the demo Pianoteq and play them, only difference is it works for only 20 minutes (need to restart after that) and several black notes are disabled.

You can see a youtube video comparing various VST's with una corda below. It's in German, but you can turn on subtitles:

• How many of you are going to pay the $100-200 they are likely going to charge for it?

• @Tarekith said:
    How many of you are going to pay the $100-200 they are likely going to charge for it?

Let's hope it's not that much.

• edited November 2022

@Tarekith said:
    How many of you are going to pay the $100-200 they are likely going to charge for it?

ME!!!!!!!

Pianoteq is one of the reasons that I want to keep my iPad for music.

Is another league…..

And of course, I want to pay the same price as desktop because I want the same software

• @hes @jacou @Danny_Mammy thanks for your answers, I'll take a look around and give the demo a try

• @cyberheater said:

@Tarekith said:

They've already said no compromises will be made for the iOS version, why would they charge less?

• @Tarekith said:

@cyberheater said:

@Tarekith said:

They've already said no compromises will be made for the iOS version, why would they charge less?

Lower resale value and fewer supported platforms are the only things I can think of, but of course they may not see it that way

• @Grandbear said:

@Tarekith said:

@cyberheater said:

@Tarekith said:

Lower resale value and fewer supported platforms are the only things I can think of, but of course they may not see it that way

Keep in mind they also have to give Apple 30% right off the top of whatever they sell too.

• @Tarekith said:

@Grandbear said:

@Tarekith said:

@cyberheater said:

@Tarekith said:

Keep in mind they also have to give Apple 30% right off the top of whatever they sell too.

Yep, true, though what's the threshold for the 15% commission for small businesses? But your point still stands

• @Tarekith said:

@Grandbear said:

@Tarekith said:

@cyberheater said:

@Tarekith said:

15% unless the sales are over 1 million dollars.

• edited November 2022

Thanks for clarifying, for some reason I had that reversed in my head and never thought they'd do 1 million.

• @Tarekith said:

Very excited. I probably will pay the price for that.

• @Tarekith said:

🙋🏾‍♂️

• @Tarekith said:

probably controversial on this forum but I would expect the iOS version to cost 29.99 dollars and to be honest I would think that was a bit high.

Just paying more than 30 bucks for a iOS app doesn't feel good in the sense I never feel like I own the software and it could always become obsolete on the iOS platform. Also not enough stability.

• edited November 2022

I've used Pianoteq on my Mac for 12 years. It is my go-to piano, even though I have other good options (like The Grandeur).

As with the desktop version, Pianoteq will likely be available in an entry-level flavor, and then various grades/levels will be offered as IAPs, including various expansions for different instruments.

In addition to offering unparalleled control over sound and response, tuning maps, microphone placement, draw-able velocity curves, (and EQ curves)-- allowing you to tailor your dream piano-- Pianoteq is actually a fantastic physical/acoustic modeling synth. You can create these super-natural sounding instruments that live and breath and seem as real as any piano, but you've never heard anything like it.

Of course, how valuable it is to any specific person's needs will vary. Since I mostly use my Macbook for music production, I'm not sure if I would need PT for iOS. I'm just here to say that Pianoteq is a big deal-- and if there was a fan club, I'd join and wear the t-shirt.

• @Stochastically said:
    https://www.modartt.com/guitar
    The new guitar sounds amazing!

The sound is really nice, but the articulation that you get is weird. The problem is the controller, not the software. The problem is that a midi keyboard dont react like a string. For percussive stuff like piano it's perfect, but for string instruments...

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Stochastically said:
    https://www.modartt.com/guitar
    The new guitar sounds amazing!

The sound is really nice, but the articulation that you get is weird. The problem is the controller, not the software. The problem is that a midi keyboard dont react like a string. For percussive stuff like piano it's perfect, but for string instruments...

That makes sense but then how did they perform the demos that seem to have such an authentic quality? I haven't upgraded yet, but I'm guessing there must be controls for more expressive things; like key pressure and the mod wheels, etc. But I agree that actually plucking and moving fingers on frets can't be beat. Maybe a midi guitar would help.

• I just upgraded to Pianoteq 8 (I have the Pro version), and I bought the Classical Guitar add-on. It's really nice. The tone is authentic and the velocity response feels spot on. It has some controls for vibrato, but I didn't mess with them much. It even has an extra pedal for palm muting which sounds quite nice.

The pluck sound is based on a well-manicured fingernail style attack. I hope that Modartt adds an option to play with fingertips (skin) as this is a really nice tone and can't be obtained with the controls in the current instrument.

Modartt will quite likely add a steel string guitar at some point, and again, I do hope they have some options for both plectrum (perhaps with hardness/thickness) and fingertip (skin) playing.

I wish it would let the bass go lower than C as I really like the sound of a nylon guitar for bass.

• @Tarekith said:

I might indeed pay that price if all instruments are included.

• wonder if the mac version is auv3 or auv2…if auv2 possibly the iOS version will launch as a standalone