Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New IK Multimedia App (mac/pc/iOS/IpadOS) - Amplitube TONEX

Interesting!

TONEX for iPhone and iPad lets users experience the power of AI Machine Modeling Tone Models on their mobile device. It’s available both as a stand-alone app or as an AU plug-in for all the major mobile DAWs and includes the same exact Player section as TONEX Mac/PC software to play, practice and record anywhere using the most authentic and hyper-realistic gear models ever made. The TONEX App and Mac/PC software Tone Model library works in sync, so any user’s collection of Tone Models can be played seamlessly on any device, in the studio, at home or on the go.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=IKAnnouncesTONEX

Comments

• That’s all well and good, but I’m still waitIng for AmpliTube 5 to matriculate down to iOS. It’s been a year of two since they released it for Macs — and mention if it will come to us. Very aggravating.

• I mean, it’s getting tougher to justify any outlay on amp and effects sims when you remember there is Tonebridge, which is completely free.

• can't wait!

• What's wrong with you guys?

• edited November 2022

Oooo... eeeee... mmmm... I'm fine with my Yonac Tonestack PRO :o

• IK always feels to me like: how can we take the most money out of people with the least effort or passion that we can barely get away with?

• All that money goes to the GUI artist.

• edited November 2022

@headmademusic said:

What's wrong with you guys?

It’s a product that’s not for me but when you think about the price of a single guitar pedal ($100-300) it’s not “crazy”. I know, I know…pricey for an iPad app.

I’m happy with the other IK products that I bought though (Hammond B-3X, Sampletron, iRig Pro Duo I/O).

• TONEX SE, Standard, and MAX are cross-platform (the desktop and iOS versions are a single price). Anybody who already has it on Mac/PC can log in on the app and have access to all of those Tone Models (including access to unlimited user Tone Models). https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonexios

• @NeuM said:
    I mean, it’s getting tougher to justify any outlay on amp and effects sims when you remember there is Tonebridge, which is completely free.

Free but does it sound great?

• Tonex is so far beyond Tonestack pro and Tonebridge in sound and feel, I can’t even compare them. I’ve bought many many iOS guitar apps Tonex is at the Top for guitar, followed by THU and Rhino, and all there are awesome but I have to give props to Tonex, it’s the current king of iOS guitar tone for me, and I am a tone snob. The iOS version sounds exactly the same as the Mac version which I have been using since released last month.

And low CPU usage to boot. Do I regret the rigs I bought in THU? No, but those days are over. Tonex killed them.

• How much would this interest non-guitarists?

• edited November 2022

@Gavinski said:
    How much would this interest non-guitarists?

Probably not much, however I do like running my synths through a guitar effects chain now and then to get a different sound. I use Amplitude 5, T-Racks 5 and MixBox on macOS. I do not agree with the ToneX subscription model, but I completely get why these businesses keep going this route. They need a consistent revenue stream and the fact that we might be heading into a global recession or depression soon isn't helping.

CORRECTION: Turns out there is no subscription service connected to ToneX.

• edited November 2022

@IK_Multimedia said:
    TONEX SE, Standard, and MAX are cross-platform (the desktop and iOS versions are a single price). Anybody who already has it on Mac/PC can log in on the app and have access to all of those Tone Models (including access to unlimited user Tone Models). https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonexios

See, now that's cool. Although I'm sure plenty would prefer a tiered pricing model if they only want one platform. I might have to grab it just because it's not Positive Grid.

Also because that edge-of-breakup, chimey Dumble sounds brilliant.

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

Probably not much, however I do like running my synths through a guitar effects chain now and then to get a different sound. I use Amplitude 5, T-Racks 5 and MixBox on macOS. I do not agree with the ToneX subscription model, but I completely get why these businesses keep going this route. They need a consistent revenue stream and we might be heading into a global recession or depression soon.

What aspect of the model is subscription -based?

• edited November 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

Probably not much, however I do like running my synths through a guitar effects chain now and then to get a different sound. I use Amplitude 5, T-Racks 5 and MixBox on macOS. I do not agree with the ToneX subscription model, but I completely get why these businesses keep going this route. They need a consistent revenue stream and we might be heading into a global recession or depression soon.

What aspect of the model is subscription -based?

Looking at it again I must've seen their payment plan and thought it was a monthly subscription.

Here are the current offerings for ToneX on desktop, not including the free version.

• The free version is quite generous and has a decent spring reverb… probably worth a look as an AU effect. o:)

• edited November 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:
    I mean, it’s getting tougher to justify any outlay on amp and effects sims when you remember there is Tonebridge, which is completely free.

Yes, yes it legit does sound good. I’m an advocate for Tonebridge.

Example: Mixbus is now free. Does it means it sounds complete and utter trash even though it was a paid app a few months ago? Same with SynthMaster One which is currently set to free right now for Black Friday, 2022.

• I just checked it OUT and was like “damn that’s kinda pricey”

But seeing as Its desktop aswell, it’s not a bad deal(if you want it all)

But I guess this is intro price?

• This is interesting, particularly the cross-platform aspect. Is there a list anywhere of the rigs — if that even makes sense with the layout? Are there bass amps?

• @bobbyj8866 said:
    Tonex is so far beyond Tonestack pro and Tonebridge in sound and feel, I can’t even compare them. I’ve bought many many iOS guitar apps Tonex is at the Top for guitar, followed by THU and Rhino, and all there are awesome but I have to give props to Tonex, it’s the current king of iOS guitar tone for me, and I am a tone snob. The iOS version sounds exactly the same as the Mac version which I have been using since released last month.

And low CPU usage to boot. Do I regret the rigs I bought in THU? No, but those days are over. Tonex killed them.

so what exactly does this do compared to the last version of amplitube? i enjoyed amplitube i have on my desktop, but the ipad version definitely didn’t sound the same as desktop. I have been using Thu overload for all my guitar tones for about a year now, and love it. accept for their fuzz pedals are a little week.
    if i want just metal tones in the in app purchases. do you have to buy the whole thing? or just the metal version of Tonex?

• The free version comes with a fairly wide range of amps so you can definitely get a flavour for it (and yes there is a bass amp and cab @ExAsperis99 ).

It's not my sound though, I found all the amps to be overly bright for my taste. Also the stomp boxes just aren't authentic sounding (but no software stomp box ever is IMO). I own a Tube Screamer clone and an EHX Big Muff and the Tonex versions just don't sound anything like them. The Big Muff especially is way off. Also in order to use the stomps you need 2 separate instances of the app, you can't make the chain in the standalone, you need the stomp in its own instance of Tonex.

I'm sure this will please some people, but it doesn't have the kind of warmth and fuzz that I look for in my guitar tone.

• Deluxe Reverb sounds legit. Closer to my amp than the UA Dream.

Umm for free you get a lot. That’s very nice of you IK!

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    Example: Mixbus is now free. Does it means it sounds complete and utter trash even though it was a paid app a few months ago? Same with SynthMaster One which is currently set to free right now for Black Friday, 2022.

Not sure what you intend with Mixbox here. The new free version has 9 fx, while the prior paid version had 70-odd. Effectively, the free version is a trial version. You can build it up to the original with IAP.

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

Yes, yes it legit does sound good. I’m an advocate for Tonebridge.

….

In my opinion, Tonebridge is ok but does not sound nearly as good as the best amp sims.

• @uncledave said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

Not sure what you intend with Mixbox here. The new free version has 9 fx, while the prior paid version had 70-odd. Effectively, the free version is a trial version. You can build it up to the original with IAP.

Cool. Point still stands. If Mixbus was given away for free by a YouTuber, or IK decided to make the app free, for example, after 5-6 years time, would it devalue the usefulness of an app?

Value is based on the user. And if the user likes the app and the sounds from it, and can make songs and projects that can be sold for thousands of dollars, does it make the app worthless? Or expensive?

All I’m saying is don’t rule out free apps just for the basis of being free. Or Free with IAPs. Or IAA. Or AUv3.

Basically, use whatever apps make you happy. If you’re happy paying for an app, who am I to tell you not to? Similarly, if a free app does the job to your needs, thats also great.

@uncledave said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

Cool. Point still stands. If Mixbus was given away for free by a YouTuber, or IK decided to make the app free, for example, after 5-6 years time, would it devalue the usefulness of an app?

Value is based on the user. And if the user likes the app and the sounds from it, and can make songs and projects that can be sold for thousands of dollars, does it make the app worthless? Or expensive?

All I’m saying is don’t rule out free apps just for the basis of being free. Or Free with IAPs. Or IAA. Or AUv3.

Basically, use whatever apps make you happy. If you’re happy paying for an app, who am I to tell you not to? Similarly, if a free app does the job to your needs, thats also great.

No one said or implied to rule out free apps.

• edited November 2022

Since Tonebridge came up in this convo. I thought I would do an ultra quick comparison of a preset in each. One of these samples is Tonex and one is Tonebridge -- normalized so that volume is the same -- fed from the same guitar and performance. Both are with the unmodified Hot For Teacher preset that come with the respective sims.

EDIT: in my opinion, one of these is much more usable than the other.

A.m4a 349.2K
    B.m4a 345.6K
  • @espiegel123 said:
    Since Tonebridge came up in this convo. I thought I would do an ultra quick comparison of a preset in each. One of these samples is Tonex and one is Tonebridge -- normalized so that volume is the same -- fed from the same guitar and performance. Both are with the unmodified Hot For Teacher preset that come with the respective sims.

Well, they sound completely different. Neither one sounds like the tone from Hot For Teacher though. Lol