Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatly Pro, the pocket ghost producer

Comments

• Version 1.30 is OUT!

Now you can lock the scale/key of each beat within the bar. No more missed notes! Find it in the piano roll, under the three dots menu.
    Piano roll keyboard now remembers your preferred width scale.
    Tutorial has been renamed to User manual and its sections are now accessible directly from the respective screens, so you can display it anytime you need help.
    Various UI improvements and fixes.

Have fun!

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    This is coming soon - piano roll chord locks, so you can be sure you won't miss a single note! :)
    Btw there are still free slots in beta (TestFlight). If you're bored, let me know and check the app now!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qYIUWzx3WZM

Already in it but I’m sure there’s plenty of people interested. This is a fun app definitely worth giving it a go. Lots of features packed in and more coming all the time.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Already in it but I’m sure there’s plenty of people interested. This is a fun app definitely worth giving it a go. Lots of features packed in and more coming all the time.

Thanks sir! More features coming soon indeed!

• Version 1.31 is OUT!

Now you can undo any operation in the piano roll. Finally, right?

Download:
    https://apple.co/3P8pRDs

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Version 1.31 is OUT!

Now you can undo any operation in the piano roll. Finally, right?

Download:

Great news!!

• Yup undo functionality available in piano roll. Dope.

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thanks sir! More features coming soon indeed!

Awesome, I don’t want to speak for others but I think it’s safe to say this crowd loves a good update. Excited to see what you have in store. Cheers @AntoninCharvat

• Just dropped the price to 2.99 for the rest of the November!
    If you were hesitating, now it could be the good time to give Beatly Pro a shot! :)

Have fun!

• This app was my staple until a month or two ago when it stopped exporting audio, the spinner appears and never stops, force quitting is my only option. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, tried every option I could find, but nothing worked. Any suggestions for fixing this? I miss having it in the toolkit!!

• @anetanet9765 said:
    This app was my staple until a month or two ago when it stopped exporting audio, the spinner appears and never stops, force quitting is my only option. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, tried every option I could find, but nothing worked. Any suggestions for fixing this? I miss having it in the toolkit!!

Damn, you're right! There is an issue with audio rendering on iOS 16 (not happening on my iOS 15 device). I gotta replace my beta test team lol :)
    I really apologise for this situation. I'll look at it immediately.

• Awesome, this app is a gem

• @anetanet9765 said:
    Awesome, this app is a gem

Found the issue, fixed it and new version 1.32 is now waiting for Apple team to approve it. Let's hope they will do it ASAP :)
    Thanks for letting me know and sorry I haven't noticed this issue sooner.

• Alright, 1.32 is OUT!

This must have been the fastest review in Apple's history.

Rendering and recording should be working again! @anetanet9765

• Hurray!! Export works again, thank you!

• @anetanet9765 said:
    Awesome, this app is a gem

No joke. I'd pay for another full-priced version of this just for the drum track generator algos/features in AUv3

• I have one question. If I create a beat in Beatly pro (with say 6 instruments) and export the midi, I get 9 lanes of midi - I'd expect 6. why is that?

• @Hypervox said:
    I have one question. If I create a beat in Beatly pro (with say 6 instruments) and export the midi, I get 9 lanes of midi - I'd expect 6. why is that?

I'll answer my own question - It's an NS2 thing. Did the same in Cubasis and I got 6 lanes - as expected :)

• @Hypervox said:
    I have one question. If I create a beat in Beatly pro (with say 6 instruments) and export the midi, I get 9 lanes of midi - I'd expect 6. why is that?

Actually the reason why this is happening is because of the sub-instruments. You see, the orchestras are consisting of shorts, longs and strings. Similarly the drums contain bassdrum, snare, clap and hihat. Each of these instruments gets its MIDI notes in a separated lane.

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@Hypervox said:

Actually the reason why this is happening is because of the sub-instruments. You see, the orchestras are consisting of shorts, longs and strings. Similarly the drums contain bassdrum, snare, clap and hihat. Each of these instruments gets its MIDI notes in a separated lane.

Ooh - ok, that's good to know. I'll have to try importing into xequence and see what happens. Is it possible to identify the tracks when they're imported somehow?

• Yes, full name of the instrument/sub-instrument is added as a MIDI meta-event to the MIDI file, so it should be visible at each lane right in your DAW.

• Thank you for such a cool unique app and I love the gift! Secret gift at that! Spices it up for those who like something different every session. ;)

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    Thank you for such a cool unique app and I love the gift! Secret gift at that! Spices it up for those who like something different every session. ;)

Have a good one! Glad to hear you are enjoying Beatly!

• Beatly pro has an update with a special holiday gift inside…

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Beatly pro has an update with a special holiday gift inside…

Couldn’t find it any tips?

• edited December 2022

Go to Settings and look around for the gift. It took me a while because I didn’t realize it was hiding in plain sight. Once you find it, keep tapping to open it.

• edited October 2023

@AntoninCharvat Hey Antonin - just checking in to see how it’s going? I just did a search for Beatly Pro on the AppStore because my beta had expired and it didn’t show up which worried me a bit. I got to it through free Beatly app version though so I could download Pro again.

I know how much work you have put into this awesome little app. I hope you’re doing good.

Gus

• @gusgranite said:
    @AntoninCharvat Hey Antonin - just checking in to see how it’s going? I just did a search for Beatly Pro on the AppStore because my beta had expired and it didn’t show up which worried me a bit. I got to it through free Beatly app version though so I could download Pro again.

I know how much work you have put into this awesome little app. I hope you’re doing good.

Gus

I wondered about the app too. I've not seen any activity on it in a long time. I decided to see what else Antonin might have available a couple weeks ago, and discovered that he's got all sorts of things going on with his music and composing career - very impressive!

• @gusgranite said:

Gus

Where are you based? It’s definitely showing up for me. Not only that but it’s #59 on the App Store currently.

Love the app though and definitely still hoping it’s on his mind.

• @EdZAB said:

@gusgranite said:

Gus

I wondered about the app too. I've not seen any activity on it in a long time. I decided to see what else Antonin might have available a couple weeks ago, and discovered that he's got all sorts of things going on with his music and composing career - very impressive!

Only 9 months, which isn’t a horribly long time. He’s a great dev and seems like a great guy. Glad he’s doing well.

• @HotStrange said:

@gusgranite said:

Gus

Where are you based? It’s definitely showing up for me. Not only that but it’s #59 on the App Store currently.

Love the app though and definitely still hoping it’s on his mind.

Canada. Type Beatly Pro and you only get a long list of other apps.