Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unfiltered Audio Tails Public Beta

Now that color theming and resizing is stable in the other four betas, we're happy to release the last of the current batch of public betas (Don't worry! We'll definitely make more.)

This one is Tails, our reverb collaboration with the amazing BT.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/VsAu5Woz

Tails is a dual-tanked reverb with novel tank-swapping and ducking capabilities. The general idea is that Tails can auto-swap between two reverb tanks (on major transient or spectral changes). With tank swapping and transient ducking, you can keep unwanted transients or dissonant blue notes out of your reverb tails so that your reverb stays consonant and free of metallic noises.

Like Silo, Tails has some novel MIDI features. You can read about those in the manual: https://files.plugin-alliance.com/products/unfiltered_audio_tails/unfiltered_audio_tails_manual.pdf

Comments

• @trickyflemming said:
    Now that color theming and resizing is stable in the other four betas, we're happy to release the last of the current batch of public betas (Don't worry! We'll definitely make more.)

Tails is a dual-tanked reverb with novel tank-swapping and ducking capabilities. The general idea is that Tails can auto-swap between two reverb tanks (on major transient or spectral changes). With tank swapping and transient ducking, you can keep unwanted transients or dissonant blue notes out of your reverb tails so that your reverb stays consonant and free of metallic noises.

Like Silo, Tails has some novel MIDI features. You can read about those in the manual: https://files.plugin-alliance.com/products/unfiltered_audio_tails/unfiltered_audio_tails_manual.pdf

5 iOS ports in less than 30 days!!! 😳 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 OUTSTANDING!!!

• Wow! Good job! Incredible amount of new apps from this dev and so fast. I’ll certainly also take a closer look at those plugins on my desktop as well.

• Great! Preset forward / backwards arrows are not very responsive when sized small in AUM

• Just loving the view...😎

• The streak continues! UA all the way!

• edited November 2022

Finally, we have five apps in one place. (Maybe there will be more. It is a joy for us.)

UA Tails 1.0.5 (2)
    -The small lock icon cannot be attached to the reverb swap.
    -If the reverb swap is off and the small lock icon (This is invisible to users.) is attached there and the randomize feature is used many times, it will not toggle on and off even though there is no small lock icon. (Strange)
    Perhaps the small lock icon is actually present, although it is not displayed.

(EDITED)
    I have confirmed that even with reverb swap turned on, reverb swap will not switch when the randomize feature is used many times.
    Anyway, I think there is the small lock icon that is not visible.
    (/EDITED)

-The randomize feature switches the state of MIDI GATE and MIDI MUTE respectively(?), but it is not possible to put small lock icons on these.
    (If these behaviors of the app are intended, I apologize.)

• Many thanks

• UA Tails 1.0.5 (2)
    When loading a user preset, if the point (or coordinates?) tapped to select a user preset is directly above the four reverb mode items, the reverb mode item directly below it will turn light blue.
    In my environment, I have confirmed that I can intentionally reproduce this behavior because the user preset list and the four reverb mode items overlap whether AUM is in portrait or landscape mode. (iPadPro 10.5)
    The above "why it turns light blue" is my assumption and could be wrong. And I’m not sure if there is an issue with the reverb mode item changing to light blue.

• More? How is there more?! 🤯

• What the… this is next level development! from zero to hero for sure 😀 looking forward to the full release!

• @trickyflemming said:

all your plugins are giving me a lot of latency inside drambo, to the point that they unsync with the bypassed signal:

This happen with all your plugins and makes them unusable for me, never had this issue before :(

• @cokomairena said:

@trickyflemming said:

all your plugins are giving me a lot of latency inside drambo, to the point that they unsync with the bypassed signal:

This happen with all your plugins and makes them unusable for me, never had this issue before :(

I was just about to report this exact issue. The latency is off by a mile.

• edited November 2022

Same in AUM for Tails specifically, the latency is definitely noticeable and a real drag. Hope it can be improved! I haven’t noticed it nearly as bad with the others, if at all.

• edited November 2022

@Kewe_Esse said:
    More? How is there more?! 🤯

I’m Sorry. It is just my wish. I apologize if the way I wrote it was misleading to you. It is because of my poor English writing.
    (EDITED)
    Rereading this thread, I noticed OP said "more".

UA Tails 1.0.5 (2)
    When the color theme is Light, the normal small lock icons attached to midi gate and midi mute are hard to see. The former is visible only where it overlaps the midi mute. The latter is probably the same color as the background, so it is not visible.

• These are fun, thanks for being so open and active on the forum. It’s helpful to test out the open betas, and know what’s going on with the unfiltered audio porting process. Are the synths coming too?

• edited November 2022

I love playing with reverbs. Sometimes I even get them to sound like something I'd like others to listen to :smile:
    A question: I've been playing in AUM using an instance of Rozeta LFO to automate a few parameters. I'm having trouble finding the value that is equivalent to time. I also needed to select the Decay parameter to adjust the size. Is it possible to have the parameters that are made available be named the same as the thing I'm looking for? What does the parameter feedback connect to? There could be a few others. I'll go through the list and let you know what I find. Putting the LFO on the EQ is pretty nice...and then you put it on the post value as well...

• Still no internal aum presets, I notice - don't forget also to contact the dev @j_liljedahl if u need help with the code for allowing the user the choice to use aum internal preset menu to save to your apps' internal preset menus!

• @cramdog said:

@Kewe_Esse said:
    More? How is there more?! 🤯

I’m Sorry. It is just my wish…

I was reacting to the news of yet another class act app beta, before I can even begin to get my head around last 4!

• Also, even at a large size, I find the forwards / backwards preset buttons extremely hard to get a consistent response from.

Sounding great as always tho!

• @Gavinski said:
    Still no internal aum presets

And as long as no other host has access to the AUM Internal presets I personally fail to see the point to add support for them.
    It's quite sad that some apps I really love (Spectrum being one of them) rely on the host for preset-saving making preset sharing between hosts a real pita.

I'm all in for preset management baked in into the AUv3 Plug-in so the preset making efforts can be shared between hosts.

But that's just me...

• I like the internal aum preset system because it is the only host I use and it works the same for every app. And soooo many apps have substandard preset systems.

@Samu said:

@Gavinski said:
    Still no internal aum presets

And as long as no other host has access to the AUM Internal presets I personally fail to see the point to add support for them.
    It's quite sad that some apps I really love (Spectrum being one of them) rely on the host for preset-saving making preset sharing between hosts a real pita.

I'm all in for preset management baked in into the AUv3 Plug-in so the preset making efforts can be shared between hosts.

But that's just me...

• @Gavinski said:
    I like the internal aum preset system because it is the only host I use and it works the same for every app. And soooo many apps have substandard preset systems.

Yeah, I get that :sunglasses:

If I recall correctly since iOS14 there is already a standardized way to handle AUv3 presets but very few hosts support it.

So presets could for example saved in ~/Library/Audio/Presets/App_Name/ or something similar and be accessible by all hosts that use the plug-in and easily backed up using Files.app but Apple would have to make the folder visible to Files.app first...

But as in most other cases the adoption of new iOS/iPad features takes 3-4 years which is crazy...
    (Just look at how long it took for apps to get support for the basic Share Sheet for export and Document Picker for import).

New apps are fun for sure but I'm honestly done 'support buying' every single app that comes along...

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:
    I like the internal aum preset system because it is the only host I use and it works the same for every app. And soooo many apps have substandard preset systems.

Yeah, I get that :sunglasses:

If I recall correctly since iOS14 there is already a standardized way to handle AUv3 presets but very few hosts support it.

So presets could for example saved in ~/Library/Audio/Presets/App_Name/ or something similar and be accessible by all hosts that use the plug-in and easily backed up using Files.app but Apple would have to make the folder visible to Files.app first...

But as in most other cases the adoption of new iOS/iPad features takes 3-4 years which is crazy...
    (Just look at how long it took for apps to get support for the basic Share Sheet for export and Document Picker for import).

New apps are fun for sure but I'm honestly done 'support buying' every single app that comes along...

Cheers!

Btw, Loopy also supports the global presets (via an Apple API for saving AUv3 presets) . It seems to know whether an AU supports the Apple preset-saving api and uses it automatically

If an AUv3 supports tha Apple preset saving API, if you save preset in loopy pro, it will be available in AUM.

If an app supports the API and you choose the global save option in AUM , it will show up in AUM the same as if you choose ’Save in AUM’.

• @espiegel123 said:

Btw, Loopy also supports the global presets (via an Apple API for saving AUv3 presets) . It seems to know whether an AU supports the Apple preset-saving api and uses it automatically

Yepp, there are a few hosts that support it already and that's good!
    In my very humble opinion it should be next to mandatory for all new AUv3s to support it too :sunglasses:

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/509/

That features has been around since 2019...
    ...and this is what I mean with somewhat 'slow adoption' rate :sunglasses:

• So nice to have all of these plugins on ios. One feature I’d love on tails is a low/no latency reverb only mode that turns off all the analysis, gate, and buffer swap. (Personally most of what I do with iOS is real time/live processing, and I’d love the option to use reverb only tails as my go to reverb for real time stuff!)

• @Gavinski said:
    Still no internal aum presets, I notice - don't forget also to contact the dev @j_liljedahl if u need help with the code for allowing the user the choice to use aum internal preset menu to save to your apps' internal preset menus!

There it’s nothing special needed in the plugin to support that, except the basic state saving. And if it does not have that, it won’t save its state in the host projects either.

• edited November 2022

Tails 1.0.5 (2)
    The tooltip do not appear unless an item is tap-and-hold and then "slid". In other words, the state of the knob may change against the user's will as a result of displaying the tooltip.

(EDITED)
    Sorry. The above report is not accurate. I’ve found that in some cases the above sliding operation is required to display the tooltip, and in other cases it is not. (But I could be mistaken about something else.)

Two situations where a sliding operation is required to display Tails tooltip.
    -Standalone.
    -When Tails is loaded into AUM and AUM's bypass feature(?) is used for Tails.

Three situations where a sliding operation is unnecessary to display Tails tooltip.
    -When Tails is loaded into AUM.
    -Within AUM, when Tails returns from a bypassed state to an unbypassed state and AUM’s play button(?) is tapped.
    -When Unmute Input button is tapped while Tails is in standalone mode.

Therefore, I think the above app behaviors are as intended by the developers. It is not an issue with the app. I wrote an incorrect report. My apologies.
    (/EDITED)

Sorry to bother you again. After comparing the tooltip behavior of other UA apps, I have changed my mind the two different tooltip behaviors of Tails may not be what was intended.
    (/EDITED)

Silo 1.1.2 (3)
    -Visualizer is not showing up in "Dawn" color theme.
    (But this behavior of the app may be intended. If so, this report is due to my misunderstanding, sorry.)

(EDITED)
    I now think the above behavior of the app is intended. Because Silo has several static(?) color themes, so I assume DAWN is probably one of them. (Sorry if my assumption is wrong.)
    (/EDITED)

-There are several Factory Presets that have a small translucent lock icon on the mix knob. "Brownian Motion", "Contact", etc. I think there are around 10 total, but the exact number is unknown to me.

-"T-OFFSET" tooltip has no hyphen.

Needlepoint 1.0.1 (3)
    The order in the app is Atlantic, MS LOCO, but the order in the manual and tooltip is MS LOCO, Atlantic.
    As a user, I don't mind. But as a beta tester, I’m a little concerned as to why the order is different. If the order of the items in the manual is correct, I thought the order of the items in the app might be something different in name or feature. (I know I’m overthinking this.)

lo-fi-af 1.1.4 (4)
    In the tooltip, there is an item called "Noise Gate" that has no description. But there is no "Noise Gate" item in the app or manual.

The following items(?) may or may not match the values entered on the virtual keyboard and output to the app.
    (This report is not a request for fixes or improvements. But I report it here just in case.)

Silo: TEMPO(SIZE), TEMPO(RATE), T-OFFSET(SPEED)
    Tails: RETRIG(ANALYSIS)
    lo-fi-af: SKIP TIME(DIGITAL)

Example.
    Entering 1 will set the knob to 1/2 D.
    Entering 1/16th will set the knob to 1/32nd D.
    Entering 1/2 D (or 1/2d) will result in 1T.
    Etc.
    -Exceptionally, entering 1 with the knob at 1 will result in 1.
    -TEMPO(RATE) and SKIP TIME(DIGITAL) seem to "match" more often than the other two.

-This test was done for mere verification. It is not intended for situations where users actually use the app. (Usually, users would use knobs, automation, etc.) And my test was very rough.

• edited November 2022

@supadom said:

@cokomairena said:

@trickyflemming said:

I was just about to report this exact issue. The latency is off by a mile.

Thanks for the reports! Sitting down with my Monday morning coffee and catching up on weekend feedback.

The latency reporting seems like it might be a Drambo bug. I'll contact the developer. We're using JUCE's latency reporting, and it's working with my testing in AUM. It is also working properly on the desktop builds.

I'm going to look into native preset management, since a lot of you are requesting that.

Edit: Just sent an email to @giku_beepstreet. I'll post an update once I figure out what's happening on Drambo.

• Nice! I really like these plugins, will get lofiaf for sure, but the latency is too much for me on drambo.

I made some test on AUM and at first I got the same results, and then it fixed itself... no idea how