Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

sinusedo by Alexey Nadzharov (Available NOW)

sinusedo is a microtonal sinewave synthesizer. It supports various Equal Division of the Octave (EDO) settings and per-key modulation

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sinusedo/id6444181090

Comments

• Quite a straightforward looking app from this dev…

• @Krupa said:
    Quite a straightforward looking app from this dev…

Yeah, that’s what he does. Straight-to-the-point plugins with weird names 🤣😂🤣

• He's got a soviet sounding name, come on, they're not allowed to make simple apps 🤪

If the ring mod sounds good this could be pretty interesting. Pity it's not mpe.

• @ninobeatz said:

@Krupa said:

I dunno I think of Phawuo and RRarrow as being quite out there…

• @Krupa said:

@ninobeatz said:

@Krupa said:

I dunno I think of Phawuo and RRarrow as being quite out there…

Okay..you got me there 😁

• @Gavinski said:
    He's got a soviet sounding name, come on, they're not allowed to make simple apps 🤪

If the ring mod sounds good this could be pretty interesting. Pity it's not mpe.

Hey, it’s microtonal, that has to get him some extra points!

• Interesting !!

• So are there any sequencers also that can play these EDO-based instruments btw?

• Love this devs apps. Bought it and sounds pretty cool so far.

• @HotStrange “additive” (like virsyns addstation)? Or subtractive synth with sine waves and modulation…

• @audiblevideo said:
    @HotStrange “additive” (like virsyns addstation)? Or subtractive synth with sine waves and modulation…

I guess technically additive. There are no real synth parameters though. You just play/hold some waves in different octaves and keys to make whatever drone you want from there. It’s microtonal so you can get a lot of cool dissonances going.

• I'm not sure how to use it... I got sound to come out, but is it only playable "live"?

• Yeah because there seems to be no ios sequencer that sends out notes based on EDO. So playing live is the only option I think if you want to take advantage of the weird octave divisions

• @Gavinski said:
    Yeah because there seems to be no ios sequencer that sends out notes based on EDO. So playing live is the only option I think if you want to take advantage of the weird octave divisions

Might be possible to record into Atom or MTR as it’s just using pitch bend. Just a thought, haven’t tested as it’s 04.00 and I should be asleep!

• @bygjohn said:

@Gavinski said:
    Yeah because there seems to be no ios sequencer that sends out notes based on EDO. So playing live is the only option I think if you want to take advantage of the weird octave divisions

Might be possible to record into Atom or MTR as it’s just using pitch bend. Just a thought, haven’t tested as it’s 04.00 and I should be asleep!

Oh recording won't be a problem - I'm talking about sending midi in from a sequencer. Maybe the dev could consider making a sequencer that works with the EDO model, or maybe @cem_olcay or another dev could take on the challenge, preferably just adjusting existing apps to add the feature

• @Gavinski said:
    He's got a soviet sounding name

Look up how many languages were spoken in the USSR and you'll realise that there cannot and could not have been a "soviet-sounding name"

• @ElectroHead said:

@Gavinski said:

Look up how many languages were spoken in the USSR and you'll realise that there cannot and could not have been a "soviet-sounding name"

Boris Johnson is a soviet-sounding name, if you ask me

• @u0421793 said:

@ElectroHead said:

@Gavinski said:

Boris Johnson is a soviet-sounding name, if you ask me

Could be after all he was followed by Liz Truss(ia)

• @ElectroHead said:

@Gavinski said:

Well, all I meant by it was that it could be Russian, could be Ukrainian, etc, whatever. By referring to it as soviet-sounding I was trying to avoid that, and I'm well aware of how many counties were part of the Union. But yeah there's always someone here in need of a little drama... Pfff

• I have all of Alex' apps. They are innovative and fun to use. Sinusedo is one of them, and it allows us to create some amazing multi-tet harmonies using both keyboards. However, the app is quite buggy, and the options for control are limited.

I always try to write directly to the dev with questions, suggestions, and bug reports. However, Alex hasn't provided any method to contact him, so I'm reluctantly posting these comments with the hope that Alex will read them and consider fixing these serious bugs as well as adding these additional functions.

If anyone has an email for Alex, please let me know so that I can forward this to him. Also, if any of you have solutions to these or other issues, please post. I'm sure that other users and the dev would appreciate comments in order to make his apps better.

Suggestions:

• A more in-depth manual and/or video tutorials would help. Also, because sinusedo can integrate with your other apps, a few video tutorials on doing this would be great.

• An email address for support, suggestions, bug reports!

• For the "keys" button, a double-tap would reset the number at 12 rather than having to punch up to 60 times to return it to 12-tet.

• We can slide our finger along the top of held notes for volume to create a pattern, or swipe under the note to create mixed oscillations. I'm not sure if this was an intentional or accidental design. If intentional, it's buggy because when swiping across the volume sliders or osc rate sliders, other sustained notes will often turn on.

• There should be a way to mute (but not delete) all notes on a keyboard without affecting the other keyboard, and other method to delete the notes on each keyboard separately.

• It would be nice to have an option that when we close a keyboard the sound stops. In other words, perhaps two buttons:

º one would close the keyboard and stop the sound playing
    º the other one would close the keyboard but keep the sound playing

• We should be able to easily turn off/on modulation on any or all notes. Even when the gray mod rate bars are the same length, beating occurs due to slightly different mod rates. An option to sync all the notes would be nice.

• When adding a sustained note, it always starts at full volume. It would be nice to have an option for the note to start at a specified velocity (0-127). Then we could fade the note up/down as desired.

• Although minor, it's quite odd that when pressing the – button for a keyboard, it closes the other keyboard!

• MPE would be great to have

• BUG: Sometimes (often) when turning on notes, the rectangle doesn't appear, so you can't turn off the note. You have to click on a different note, then the rectangle appears.

• BUG: Sometimes when touching the white portion of the notes and adjusting the volume, the note stays on, and often it's difficult to get the note turned off because it doesn't have the gray rectangle

• BUG: When a note is sustained, then we tap the rectangle to turn it off, there is a bump in the volume before the sustain portion. This increased bump in volume is very noticeable.

• BUG: Often when you have one or more sustained notes playing and add another one, it has no sound. If you drag the light gray mod rate bar down, you can then get the sound to trigger.

• BUG: When you have a sustained note, then press the keys button (up or down, which turns off all sound and deletes all notes for both keyboards), then return the keys setting to what it was and press the same note you had before, pressing anywhere in the sustain area won't turn it on. However, other notes will turn on. The only way I've found to turn on the previously triggered note is to first drag up/down in the upper (volume) area. This turns on a sustained note (which it shouldn't), then tap the 'off' rectangle. Now you can click the lower portion to turn on the note.

• @dcollett said:
    I have all of Alex' apps. They are innovative and fun to use. Sinusedo is one of them, and it allows us to create some amazing multi-tet harmonies using both keyboards. However, the app is quite buggy, and the options for control are limited.

I always try to write directly to the dev with questions, suggestions, and bug reports. However, Alex hasn't provided any method to contact him, so I'm reluctantly posting these comments with the hope that Alex will read them and consider fixing these serious bugs as well as adding these additional functions.

If anyone has an email for Alex, please let me know so that I can forward this to him. Also, if any of you have solutions to these or other issues, please post. I'm sure that other users and the dev would appreciate comments in order to make his apps better.

Suggestions:

• A more in-depth manual and/or video tutorials would help. Also, because sinusedo can integrate with your other apps, a few video tutorials on doing this would be great.

• An email address for support, suggestions, bug reports!

• For the "keys" button, a double-tap would reset the number at 12 rather than having to punch up to 60 times to return it to 12-tet.

• We can slide our finger along the top of held notes for volume to create a pattern, or swipe under the note to create mixed oscillations. I'm not sure if this was an intentional or accidental design. If intentional, it's buggy because when swiping across the volume sliders or osc rate sliders, other sustained notes will often turn on.

• There should be a way to mute (but not delete) all notes on a keyboard without affecting the other keyboard, and other method to delete the notes on each keyboard separately.

• It would be nice to have an option that when we close a keyboard the sound stops. In other words, perhaps two buttons:

º one would close the keyboard and stop the sound playing
      º the other one would close the keyboard but keep the sound playing

• We should be able to easily turn off/on modulation on any or all notes. Even when the gray mod rate bars are the same length, beating occurs due to slightly different mod rates. An option to sync all the notes would be nice.

• When adding a sustained note, it always starts at full volume. It would be nice to have an option for the note to start at a specified velocity (0-127). Then we could fade the note up/down as desired.

• Although minor, it's quite odd that when pressing the – button for a keyboard, it closes the other keyboard!

• MPE would be great to have

• BUG: Sometimes (often) when turning on notes, the rectangle doesn't appear, so you can't turn off the note. You have to click on a different note, then the rectangle appears.

• BUG: Sometimes when touching the white portion of the notes and adjusting the volume, the note stays on, and often it's difficult to get the note turned off because it doesn't have the gray rectangle

• BUG: When a note is sustained, then we tap the rectangle to turn it off, there is a bump in the volume before the sustain portion. This increased bump in volume is very noticeable.

• BUG: Often when you have one or more sustained notes playing and add another one, it has no sound. If you drag the light gray mod rate bar down, you can then get the sound to trigger.

• BUG: When you have a sustained note, then press the keys button (up or down, which turns off all sound and deletes all notes for both keyboards), then return the keys setting to what it was and press the same note you had before, pressing anywhere in the sustain area won't turn it on. However, other notes will turn on. The only way I've found to turn on the previously triggered note is to first drag up/down in the upper (volume) area. This turns on a sustained note (which it shouldn't), then tap the 'off' rectangle. Now you can click the lower portion to turn on the note.

I’ll make sure he gets this, no worries

• Thanks, ninobeatz! 😺

• @dcollett said:
    Thanks, ninobeatz! 😺

🤝

• @dcollett said:
    Thanks, ninobeatz! 😺

Was gonna pass it on too but I see Nino beat me to it. Interesting idea, absolutely clear that it was either not beta tested or was beta tested very poorly. Definitely buggy, I have reported a bunch of stuff already and the dev is very friendly and open to feedback. I'll hit u up with a direct email address for him David

• Thanks, Gav!

• @Gavinski said:

Well, all I meant by it was that it could be Russian, could be Ukrainian, etc, whatever. By referring to it as soviet-sounding I was trying to avoid that, and I'm well aware of how many counties were part of the Union. But yeah there's always someone here in need of a little drama... Pfff

Rereading my comment, agreed: it does come across as pedantic. What I was trying to get across (not specifically to you but anyone reading) is that there were many languages within the USSR (as there still are in the Russian Fed) which are not Eastern Slavonic. No drama sought :)

• Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in the reply. Took me a while to try to recover my old account here so finally I've made a new one instead.

@Gavinski thanks for connecting us with David! And thanks again @dcollett for all the feedback and support!!

v1.1 with many new features is almost ready, if anyone uses it and wants to try beta before the release, please write me a message here

will also eventually update a website with app and support, sorry for that

thanks

regards,
    Alex