Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is it possible to access clipboard contents (copy / paste) from Files dialogue?

I’ve been grappling with this problem for a while since entering a concerted ‘live sampling, looping and slicing’ phase.

In, for example, Loopy Pro, i can ‘copy’ recordings to the clipboard, but i can’t work out how to then paste into an AUv3 app, e.g. Segments, which offers access to the ‘Files’ browser.

Is there any way to make the clipboard contents available from within Files? It seems to me they’re sat there next to each other, surely they can somehow be persuaded to see each other?

I realise I can save the samples, rather than copy and paste, but I’m aiming for speed here if possible. I posted a similar question on a Reslice thread, but i’m realising now it’s hampering me across several apps.

Any tips gratefully received.

Comments

• You can long press and paste onto a Files window which is not ideal but does let you select the sample for those apps without native clipboard access

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    You can long press and paste onto a Files window which is not ideal but does let you select the sample for those apps without native clipboard access

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    You can long press and paste onto a Files window which is not ideal but does let you select the sample for those apps without native clipboard access

Ah, fantastic, thank you, I was hoping it would be something straightforward. Keeps it all to one finger.