Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unfiltered Audio Silo Public Beta

Now that resizing should be stable, here's the plugin that many of you have been waiting for!

https://testflight.apple.com/join/wK3GGCqa

Silo is a live granulation effect with many novel controls that break up the input signal in incredible ways. Additionally, there are many spatialization and reverb algorithms available. If you're looking for washy ambient synths or hyper-glitched drums, this plugin is definitely worth checking out!

Comments

• Oof nice, this one I’ve had for while on desktop, great fun!

• edited November 2022

Thank you so much.

The four latest versions of the following UA apps do not allow to change the color theme in my environment, either in AUM or in DAWs.
    UA Silo 1.1.2 (2)
    UA BM 1.1.3 (7)
    UA lofiaf 1.1.4 (3)
    UA NP 1.0.1 (2)

(EDITED)
    Reloading UA apps will change the color theme.

• Wow, you are on fire. Yes, I've been looking forward to this one. Thanks for the public betas. Will be buying the entire collection when beta is over.

• @cramdog said:
    Thank you so much.

The four latest versions of the following UA apps do not allow to change the color theme in my environment, either in AUM or in DAWs.
    UA Silo 1.1.2 (2)
    UA BM 1.1.3 (7)
    UA lofiaf 1.1.4 (3)
    UA NP 1.0.1 (2)

D'oh! Confirmed on my end. Not sure how this happened since we didn't touch the color code at all. Oh well, we'll get it!

• UA Silo 1.1.2 (2)
    User preset cannot be saved.
    But the preset name entered is temporarily displayed in the current preset name.

• These guys 🔥🔥🔥 BURN!!! 🫶🏼

• UA Silo 1.1.2 (2)
    Unlock All Controls does not work for BUFFER.

• Holy shit this is great

• Damn I’m loving these

• edited November 2022

UA BM 1.1.3 (7)
    UA lofiaf 1.1.4 (3)
    UA NP 1.0.1 (2)
    When using the duplicate feature of a node in AUM, the preset name becomes "Default" in the duplicated UA app.
    -In the duplicated UA app, the small translucent lock icons of the user preset of the original UA app disappear.
    -When the current preset name "Default" is tapped, it changes to the original preset name.
    -I’m not sure if the above behaviors also happen with UA Silo, since User preset cannot be saved in UA Silo 1.1.2 (2).

• Jeez, the holy grail….can’t wait to try

• Thanks everyone! cramdog you're amazing as always. We've identified and fixed the color changing issue. Mike will send out new builds with some other fixes tomorrow or as soon as we're ready. I saw that the unlock all doesn't get the size in Silo so we'll check the rest of that kind of thing as well. Cheers.

• Killer sound!

• Holy shiiiit this is sooo good!. 🙌🤟🤟🤟
    Love the depth of it, the possibilities, the design, the concept, the sound. This is killer!.
    As for actual beta testing, I keep getting a problem where all drop downs are unresponsive. They flicker and won’t let me select anything. Happens often.
    Wow, I’m blown away by this. Congrats on an amazing job.

• dang, this is a good one.

• Silo is nice. Making some weird experiments here. Just one thing....tested this in AUM and BM3 and GarageBand and what I have noticed is that when the app is in 1/2 screen mode that the scrolling on the preset list does not stop until it reaches the bottom of the list. If you have a bunch of presets like you have in the factory list you can't reach some in the middle because the scroll goes right past them. (just a small thing) If you expand the app to full screen with the current list of presets it's OK.

On a sound front: I think this app might have reinvigorated the entire process of sound creation.

• I don’t have a clue as to what’s going on under the hood.. don’t care.. incredible sounds emanate from this beast.. things I’ve never heard before.. very, very good..

• I’ve been using Silo on desktop for a bit now to kind of get stuff similar to what I do in Borderlands Granular. Love that it’s on iOS now!

• @maxwellhouser said:
    I’ve been using Silo on desktop for a bit now to kind of get stuff similar to what I do in Borderlands Granular. Love that it’s on iOS now!

Absolutely killer! If I had to pick one of the 3 betas they've dropped us so far, this would probably be it. But damn it would be a hard choice

• edited November 2022

UA Silo 1.1.2 (2)
    Tapping on "Size" of "Buffer" does not bring up the list.

• This is awesome with spacefields. I turned a piano progression into schizophrenia

• This is one of my desktop favourites - stoked it's coming to iOS...👍

• edited November 2022

I have confirmed the following issues have been fixed in my environment. (iPadPro10.5)
    (To be precise, I was not aware of issues with the UI of the LO-FI-AF and Needlepoint preset lists.)
    Thanks for the quick fixes.

Fixed issues

UA Bass-Mint / The issues in 1.1.3 (6) have been fixed in 1.1.3 (7).
    -Bass-Mint is not fully displayed on GarageBand's small window.
    -When Bass-Mint loaded into GarageBand is in a small window, the part of the preset list that extends behind the window is not displayed.

UA LO-FI-AF / The issues in 1.1.4 (2) have been fixed in 1.1.4 (3).
    -LO-FI-AF is not fully displayed on GarageBand's large and small window.
    -When LO-FI-AF loaded into GarageBand is in a small window, the part of the preset list that extends behind the window is not displayed.
    -When LO-FI-AF loaded into GarageBand is in a large window, the part of the preset list (Factory Presets > 5. Artists > Oddiction) that extends behind the window is not displayed.

UA Needlepoint / The issues in 1.0.1 (1) have been fixed in 1.0.1 (2).
    -Needlepoint is not fully displayed on GarageBand's small window.
    -When Needlepoint loaded into GarageBand is in a small window, the part of the preset list that extends behind the window is not displayed.

I presume(?) UA Silo 1.1.2 (2) fixed the preset UI issues as well. I presume(?) the following is what was fixed.
    -Silo is not fully displayed on GarageBand's small window.
    -When Silo loaded into GarageBand is in a large window, the part of the preset list that extends behind the window is not displayed. (To be precise, the preset list was not displayed at once, so a user had to scroll through it to look/use.)

• Man this thing is beautiful without the granular section. (Personal preference here, I’m pretty fatigued with granular stuff). Really lets the awesome reverb shine. And that resonant multi-mode filter? Oooh wee.

I just feel bad I haven’t found any bugs for these. I guess I should learn to be a power user. At least I’ll be buying them upon release without a doubt.

• This plugin so unbelievable deep 😳woah

• Is it too much to hope for lion in future!?

• Instabuy as soon as it's out of beta...

• @lasselu said:
    Instabuy as soon as it's out of beta...

definitely... all 3... it's going to be expensive!!