Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scaler 2 for iPad Has Changed The Game Forever | Overview

Scaler 2 has changed the music theory game forever and now it’s finally available for the iPad. In this video we go over the most useful features including Audio / MIDI Detection, Chord Binding, Performances and more.

Intro (0:00)
Adding Plugin (1:40)
UI Overview (2:09)
Audio & MIDI Detection (2:55)
Record MIDI To DAW (6:23)
Scales & Songs (8:59)
Chord Binding + Key/Voice Lock (12:28)
Performances (19:53)
SEQ - CHORD - PAD - MOD Pages (27:13)
Complaints / Suggestions (29:49)
Final Thoughts (31:36)

Comments

• You misspelled “changied”

• @FastGhost said:
    You misspelled “changied”

This is becoming my favorite inside joke of the forum.

• @FastGhost said:
    You misspelled “changied”

:D :D :D

• My life changies every single day

• edited July 2022

Finally, a video that will help me determine if I need this app or not. :) I'll edit this comment with my thoughts once I've watched it. :)

Edit: I was on the fence about getting Scaler 2, thinking "Meh, I know enough about music theory." Well, this f*cking app knows more about chord progressions than I thought I knew. 🤣 I'm definitely going to purchase Scaler 2 tomorrow! This driving Module Pro into Gauss in AUM to create Ambient will be chef's kiss. 😌 Thank you for your thorough overview @MobileMusicPro . Cheers mate.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Finally, a video that will help me determine if I need this app or not. :) I'll edit this comment with my thoughts once I've watched it. :)

Edit: I was on the fence about getting Scaler 2, thinking "Meh, I know enough about music theory." Well, this f*cking app knows more about chord progressions than I thought I knew. 🤣 I'm definitely going to purchase Scaler 2 tomorrow! This driving Module Pro into Gauss in AUM to create Ambient will be chef's kiss. 😌 Thank you for your thorough overview @MobileMusicPro . Cheers mate.

Just do it. 😆

• Regarding the complaint about the synchronisation function, this stumped me at first too. To get it to work, note that the squares in the middle are checkboxes, where you can select (i.e. changie ;)) the parameters you want to sync.

• @Vip8888 said:
    Regarding the complaint about the synchronisation function, this stumped me at first too. To get it to work, note that the squares in the middle are checkboxes, where you can select (i.e. changie ;)) the parameters you want to sync.

Yeah, the 'sync direction' can be a gotcha as well, ie. it's best to do the sync from the 'main' instance and propagate the changes to the other instances. Take a few tries and after that it's 2nd nature...

• Definitely the changiest app in a while. It also solved my dilemma regarding the desktop version - I realised I don't need it. The iOS version actually feels superior to me because of the touch capability.

• Big changies are coming to iOS.

(Sorry, had to join in on the fun)

• And every time there’s an update, there’ll be a changielog to go with it.

• Thanks.. Knew it was a deep app.. but after watching the video, didn’t know it was that deep..

Subscribed, signed up and will check out your contents..

Nice.

• @CapnWillie said:
    Great work 🔥! Happy to see Scaler 2 making your game chang_ier_ @MobileMusic

I wouldn’t be surprised if @ScalerEd or someone from Scaler’s team reaches out to you re: this video. By far the best deep dive I’ve seen for iPad including their own official ones. Obviously you know S2 gets even deeper yet so I look forward to this series. Keep dropping flames my boy! 💪🏽

*Edit

If you haven’t already, I encourage you to go check out the Scaler 2 forum and fill out the questionnaire. You get a glimpse at many of the features on the roadmap for Scaler 3 which is already under construction!

So glad everyone is enjoying the video! I really need to drop more because I have a couple mistakes in there and I didn't even barely get to touch the actual performances.

• Great overview!

• Oh goodie! The promised "Scaler 2" video covering MIDI recording to DAW.

Thanks @MobileMusicPro. More videos would also be greatly appreciated since
    IOS is NOT their sole focus like yours is.

"Be the changie you want to see in the worldie". - Goldie Hawn (allegedlie)

• @McD said:
    Oh goodie! The promised "Scaler 2" video covering MIDI recording to DAW.

Thanks @MobileMusicPro. More videos would also be greatly appreciated since
    IOS is NOT their sole focus like yours is.

"Be the changie you want to see in the worldie". - Goldie Hawn (allegedlie)

Embracing the changie is the way.

• @CapnWillie said:
    Bumping this and linking it in the main scaler 2 thread as I believe it is possibly the single best deep dive flick for scaler 2 iPad available at the moment. IMo, this and Leo’s series are the two fastest ways to get going and flatten any learning curve in S2

Appreciate the kind words Willie!

• I purchased this the day it was released but have only now got some time to dig in. I decided to watch this video before I did anything and I am glad I did as it was 30 minutes well spent. I normally write music pretty much note by note and so was worried that this might lean too much towards being a “click here to sound like this artist” kind of app but your video shows that there is a ton of utility to be found here, I mean who really wants to program in the MIDI of a strumming guitar by hand!? Great stuff, now to watch Doug’s video…

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    I purchased this the day it was released but have only now got some time to dig in. I decided to watch this video before I did anything and I am glad I did as it was 30 minutes well spent. I normally write music pretty much note by note and so was worried that this might lean too much towards being a “click here to sound like this artist” kind of app but your video shows that there is a ton of utility to be found here, I mean who really wants to program in the MIDI of a strumming guitar by hand!? Great stuff, now to watch Doug’s video…

Thanks so much! Yah it's crazy how deep you can go and how easily you can customize your own chords or the thousands of chord progressions that come with it :)

• Can Scaler 2 convert/guess melodies/chords from one mode to another (after you give it a scale note)? I miss this from the Deluge.

• @jollyDodger said:
    Can Scaler 2 convert/guess melodies/chords from one mode to another (after you give it a scale note)? I miss this from the Deluge.

Hey Jolly, yah there's a specific page for that called the "Pad" page. There you can start on any particular scale and it can guide you on how to change from that to another key/scale.

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@jollyDodger said:
    Can Scaler 2 convert/guess melodies/chords from one mode to another (after you give it a scale note)? I miss this from the Deluge.

Hey Jolly, yah there's a specific page for that called the "Pad" page. There you can start on any particular scale and it can guide you on how to change from that to another key/scale.

thanks

• The question is, when will this 'Live Sync' come to the iPad? (This is actually something I look forward to!).
    And well, being able to drag'n'drop midi out from the app (ie. drag midi file to files.app or another daw).

With Drag'n'Drop support I could actually drag stuff from Scaler on my iPad to the time-line in Logic running on my MacMini thanks to Universal Control :sunglasses:

• @Samu Think the iPad update due tomorrow so we find out what they added.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Samu Think the iPad update due tomorrow so we find out what they added.

Sweet!

I'm still digging the the Logic 10.7.5 update, so many small fixes here and there it's quite impressive for a point-update :sunglasses:

• edited November 2022

@Samu Scaler update for iPad os now live 👌

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Samu Scaler update for iPad os now live 👌

Thanks! Just updated it :sunglasses:

• Pretty good update!