Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

This RNBO for Max thing... Will it mean anything for us Ios users?

Comments

• I was wondering this but haven't seen a confirmation either way. Does it mean we can get some M4L devices as AUv3? 🤔

• Yeah I saw this, I guess the walled garden won’t open up to it though, might make it easier for devs to make some stuff though… so many toys so little time!

• In near term, likely not anything for iOS. There is also some complexity for licensing to sell commercially. Seems cool tho.

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    I was wondering this but haven't seen a confirmation either way. Does it mean we can get some M4L devices as AUv3? 🤔

Not sure if this supports AUv3. VSTs from m4l, yes that seems possible.

• I suspected that ultimately it wouldn't yield any great returns for iOS 🙄

• Mac AU export is possible. But is it possible to convert that for iOS?

• @pmertens said:
    Mac AU export is possible. But is it possible to convert that for iOS?

Not automatically using their cloud services, but should be possible to create a template for iOS AU:s and build locally. (I might try this next week if I have the time.)

• Patches can be exported as C++ code, so it might make creation of new iOS apps a little faster if that code can be repurposed.