Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unfiltered Audio Needlepoint Public Beta

We're working on the sizing code for lo-fi-af. While getting that patched up, Needlepoint is ready to start testing!

Public Testflight Link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/4Ie2sJby

This is a "spin-off" (hardy har har) of lo-fi-af. @amusesmile wrote the vinyl noise simulator for lo-fi-af and sent me a barebones prototype with various parameters so that we could tune the model. However, we ended up falling in love with the prototype and greatly expanded it into what we think is the best vinyl simulation (and anti-simulation) plugin available. In addition to vinyl, this comes with a bunch of one-knob compressors/maximizers/saturators that are a blast to throw on drums, even if you skip the noise sections. The noise section is extremely flexible: sometimes I use this as an instrument (as examples, I created an experimental set of noise generation factory presets).

Comments

• Nice! @trickyflemming Does Needlepoint track notes or take midi input?

• awesome @trickyflemming cant wait to mess around with it all day :smile:

• Three down..two to go!! 😎

• edited November 2022

Love that screenshot!

Thanks for the headsup @trickyflemming

Can’t wait to put my sticky fingers all over it! Love your passion for lofi warble fluttery sounds

• This is a very rough check, so it is possible that I have misunderstood something.
    1.0.1 (1.0.1) Issues(?)
    -The UI "line" from the previous screen appears on the save preset screen.
    -It is probably not possible to put a lock icon on the "global".

Recording: Flutter and Wow.
    Dust: Density and Volume.
    Dust: Filter.
    Noise: Filter.
    The small lock icons attached to these four items cannot be unlocked using the Unlock All Controls feature. (Strange)
    When these four items are saved as a user preset with small lock icons attached, and the user preset is loaded after the Unlock All Controls feature is used, the small translucent lock icons that should be on these four items do not appear. (Strange)

-If the normal small lock icons for all color themes overlap the UI of the pitch, the icons are not visible because they are the same color.

-When the dust toggle switch is on and the color theme is Shade or Impact, if the normal small lock icon overlaps the bump and the two offsets, the icon is not visible.

-When the dust toggle switch is off, in all color themes, if the small translucent lock icon overlaps the bump and two offsets, the small translucent lock icon is not visible.
    -When the dust toggle switch is off, the small translucent lock icon is barely visible if the color theme is tweed and the small translucent lock icon is not overlapping the pump and two offsets.
    But it is hard to identify.

• edited November 2022

-On a iPad10.5, when Needlepoint is loaded in AUM on a portrait screen, it is hard to use because when "33 1/3" is tapped, the number of items initially displayed in the list is only two: "16" and "33 1/3".
    If the screen is rotated to landscape, only two items will be displayed.
    If Needlepoint is loaded into AUM in landscape mode from the beginning, its list will display everything from "16" to "1/4 M" at the same time.

-The "<" and ">" preset move buttons in the total three lists for compression and noise are too small and hard to use.

• Sounding great!

This is a Short, so best viewed in portrait mode

• Have to say @trickyflemming , your entry into iOS music production is welcome and based on what I can see with the first 3 beta’s, the quality of the plugins are amazing and you will be going on my short list of iOS developers where plugins are a must buy. Thanks for entering the iOS space.

• @ik2000 said:
    Have to say @trickyflemming , your entry into iOS music production is welcome and based on what I can see with the first 3 beta’s, the quality of the plugins are amazing and you will be going on my short list of iOS developers where plugins are a must buy. Thanks for entering the iOS space.

Most definitely! A very welcome addition. Apart from the quality of the plugins, both sonically and in terms of design, and their uniqueness, you guys seem to understand the ios market and community better than some other recent entrants from the desktop space, bravo!

• @Gavinski said:

@ik2000 said:
    Have to say @trickyflemming , your entry into iOS music production is welcome and based on what I can see with the first 3 beta’s, the quality of the plugins are amazing and you will be going on my short list of iOS developers where plugins are a must buy. Thanks for entering the iOS space.

Most definitely! A very welcome addition. Apart from the quality of the plugins, both sonically and in terms of design, and their uniqueness, you guys seem to understand the ios market and community better than some other recent entrants from the desktop space, bravo!

I’ll just say it. These guys are the straight-up coolest devs. I’m getting older, but I’m not too old to admit that cool matters (and you, deep down, know it does).

• @oat_phipps said:

@Gavinski said:

@ik2000 said:

I’ll just say it. These guys are the straight-up coolest devs. I’m getting older, but I’m not too old to admit that cool matters (and you, deep down, know it does).

Hell yes

• edited November 2022

Needlepoint screen display for each DAW
    Cubasis2, Garageband, BeatMaker3:
    AUv3 window (large): The entire screen area of Needlepoint is displayed.
    AUv3 window (small): The bottom of Needlepoint's screen is slightly hidden. (This is because my iPad is 10.5, and it may be fully displayed on 12.9.)

NanoStudio2: The entire screen area of the Needlepoint screen is displayed, whether the AUv3 window is large or small.

Zenbeats: Needlepoint's screen area is fully visible in the AUv3 window.
    Supplemental Explanation
    In my environment, it is not possible to switch the size of the AUv3 window. So in my environment, I can only see one type of Needlepoint window size. I’m not sure if this is a bug or issue of Zenbeats or due to my older iPadOS version. (I don't usually use Zenbeats, so I don't perceive this as an issue.)

--

Order and names of Unfiltered Audio apps in Zenbeats plugin listing
    -UA Needlepoint
    -Undulator
    -Unfiltered Audio B
    -Unfiltered Audio lo

The above order and names are displayed.
    (I did not omit the "B" and "lo". That is really all that is displayed.
    Undulator is an app by Eventide.)

(EDITED)
    The following steps resulted in the correct display of all plug-ins for Unfiltered Audio in Zenbeats.
    -Rescanned all plug-ins in Zenbeats, but the app names in Unfiltered Audio were not corrected.
    -Uninstalled and reinstalled all three Unfiltered Audio apps.
    -Rescanned all plug-ins in Zenbeats, but the app names for Unfiltered Audio were not corrected.
    -Zenbeats was uninstalled and reinstalled.
    -Rescanned all plug-ins in Zenbeats.
    -Unfiltered Audio app names showed up with the correct name.

Below is the latest status of the three Unfiltered Audio apps in my Zenbeats plugin list.

UA Bass Mint
    UA lo-fi-af
    UA Needlepoint
    Undulator
    (/EDITED)

Examples of the plug-in list for other DAWs
    For Garageband and NanoStudio2, the plug-in list appears in the following order and names.
    -UA Bass Mint
    -UA lo-fi-af
    -UA Needlepoint
    -Undulator

In the case of BeatMaker3, the list is divided by Company. The order in the list is as follows. (The reason for the "reverse" alphabetical order is not clear to me. It may be due to my settings or environment.)

Unfiltered Audio
    -UA Needlepoint
    -UA lo-fi-af
    -UA Bass Mint

• I would not recommend the above method of uninstalling and reinstalling Zenbeats to beta testers of the three Unfiltered Audio apps, because I’m not sure if that method will always work for everyone.

• When enlarged in aum, the app takes up a huge chunk of wasted space with a blank area along the bottom - again, would be good to look at the kind of resizing that can be seen in apps like FAC Medusa

• -The UI of Needlepoint's Settings is smaller than the UI of Bass-Mint's Settings. So the Depth of the Randomization is hard to look and use.
    -Is the feature in the manual to replace "label.png" of Custom Labels available in the app version? (This is not a request to make it available.)

• edited November 2022

Looking good in SAND! The bottoms seem to get cut off a bit in NP and LFAF. (iPhone 13 OS 15.6)(https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/fg/a2ynwdpumuis.png "")

• NP in Apematrix iphone 13 OS 15.6

• A lot of negative space when Bass Mint enlarged in Endlesss iPhone 13 OS 15.6

• edited November 2022

LFAF hosted and expanded in Wotja 32 iPhone 13 OS 15.6

• Upon resizing LFAF in Drambo, half of the screen real estate doesn’t get used
    iPhone 13 OS 15.6

• edited November 2022

A new version has been posted. This has revised all of the resizing code.

EDIT: Color changing somehow broke. New builds coming tomorrow.

• (This was a rough test so I could be reporting something incorrectly.)
    (Needlepoint 1.0.1 (2), AUM, iPadpro10.5)

Needlepoint 1.0.1 (2)
    When entering values on the virtual keyboard, the UI "coordinates(?)" or "color" issues may cause the numbers a user is typing to be displayed incorrectly.

Examples of coordinate(?) issues
    -When entering values on the virtual keyboard for "Pitch," the first character is hidden behind the character frame(?) and cannot be seen.
    If the letter is "1", it will be completely hidden.
    This issue probably occurs in all color themes except "Shade" and "Impact".

-When entering a value for "Speed" using the virtual keyboard, the first character is slightly hidden behind the UI.
    In the case of "3" and "8", it is difficult to distinguish.

Example of color issue
    -The values entered on the virtual keyboard for the "8" items below are unreadable because the background and text are the same color.
    I list them in order from left to right on the Needlepoint screen.
    Gain (Recording), Age, Compression, Level, Color, Movement, Global, Gain (Playback).

• Color theming is now fixed! We will look into the rest of the interface issues.

• @trickyflemming You’re Killin it and we appreciate the heck out of you ⚡️

• I get this nasty double phantom snares and hats sometimes with this, here you can see it happening when using the breakdown button.

• @cokomairena said:
    I get this nasty double phantom snares and hats sometimes with this, here you can see it happening when using the breakdown button.

Thanks! I just responded to a similar video on the Tails thread. It looks like our latency reporting isn't working correctly in Drambo for some reason, but it's working in AUM. However, it also sounds (from your video) like there could potentially be another bug where the play head isn't exactly in the correct spot after a spin-up. We will investigate this today.

• @cokomairena said:
    I get this nasty double phantom snares and hats sometimes with this, here you can see it happening when using the breakdown button.

I think what's happening here is that the pitch is set to 0.1 (or close to that) instead of 0.0 so it can sound like a double hit because of the way we do the pitch change. If you set it to 0.0 it should be fine, minus any latency reporting issues in Drambo.

• @amusesmile said:

@cokomairena said:

I think what's happening here is that the pitch is set to 0.1 (or close to that) instead of 0.0 so it can sound like a double hit because of the way we do the pitch change. If you set it to 0.0 it should be fine, minus any latency reporting issues in Drambo.

It would be that if it was consistent, you can hear it works well at the beginning snd then somehow desyncs…

But yes it happens at 0.1 pitch

• I have a question. Please reply at your convenience.

What is the difference between when the Visualizer is active and inactive?
    -Does the amount of information displayed change?
    -Does it reduce the workload of the CPU or GPU when it is inactive?