Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MetaPiano Looks/Sounds Interesting!

edited October 2022 in Desktop

A 60MB modelled grand piano that the makers claim sounds like a 30GB sample library!

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/metapiano-sampleson-launch-modelled-grand-piano

This seems perfect for iOS… @LinearLineman

Comments

• This sounds like the kind of developer/company Apple should immediately buy and I find it inexplicable that Apple hasn’t been breaking any new ground in the modeled instrument category.

• edited October 2022

@NeuM said:
    This sounds like the kind of developer/company Apple should immediately buy and I find it inexplicable that Apple hasn’t been breaking any new ground in the modeled instrument category.

Oooh, this would be interesting.
    This developer is doing some very cool modeling work!

• edited October 2022

Cool stuff, definitely would be great on iOS. Their stuff is generally well priced. Hadn't heard of them before. Modeling over sampling any day.

• Absolutely gutted that this isn’t on iOS.

I already have an incredibly good PM piano for desktop, and so, no interest in this whatsoever. :/

• It sounds interesting. Bass is good. A bit metallic in the treble. Not sure if it brings anything new to the table. @McD whattayouthink?

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@NeuM said:
    This sounds like the kind of developer/company Apple should immediately buy and I find it inexplicable that Apple hasn’t been breaking any new ground in the modeled instrument category.

Oooh, this would be interesting.
    This developer is doing some very cool modeling work!

Yes, this leaped out at me in the story: "MetaPiano uses a technique called Spectral Modelling. This process analyses a real sound and then stacks sine waves to accurately reproduce the characteristic frequencies and overall sound of the source."

That's something a developer like Cherry Audio could use in their new Sines synth, or Apple could investigate this technique to improve their current instrument models.

• @LinearLineman said:
    It sounds interesting. Bass is good. A bit metallic in the treble. Not sure if it brings anything new to the table. @McD whattayouthink?

I think showing us Desktop apps we don’t get is cruel and unusual punishment. I also think it’s interesting that the software company added their logo to the hardware piano in their app since no real piano was injured in the making of the product.

• @McD said:

@LinearLineman said:
    It sounds interesting. Bass is good. A bit metallic in the treble. Not sure if it brings anything new to the table. @McD whattayouthink?

I think showing us Desktop apps we don’t get is cruel and unusual punishment. I also think it’s interesting that the software company added their logo to the hardware piano in their app since no real piano was injured in the making of the product.

They're people for the ethical treatment of pianos.

• @JanKun said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:

They're people for the ethical treatment of pianos. They threw a party on the announcement of Jerry Lee Lewis's death.