Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Black Friday already / Softube Model 84 from $43 and much more

Might grab this right away since I was looking at Juno VSTs and it came out on top IMHO.

https://www.softube.com/model-84-polyphonic-synthesizer

$43 bucks.

Comments

• I’d like to see a side by side comparison/shootout between this, and our TAL-U-NO-LX for iOS.

• edited October 2022

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I’d like to see a side by side comparison/shootout between this, and our TAL-U-NO-LX for iOS.

Since TAL already sounds like the real deal AND they have identically performing software on both iOS and desktop, I don’t need another version of the same thing. :)

• I’ve got both. The Softube version is better.

• I've tried TAL-U-NO-LX on desktop and own it on iOS. TAL on desktop sounds great. Softube sounds better.

• edited October 2022

Here's Woody's shootout, IIRC, he doesn't offer concluding judgements. https://youtu.be/A2nZzQXVT0M

• TAL-U-NO-LX is a great-sounding emulation of the Roland Juno 60. The Softube Model 84 emulates a slightly different synth, the Roland Juno 106. Therefore, even if they were 100% accurate emulations, they would sound different. In my opinion, the Model 84 has a more pleasing analog tone. Softube's analog emulation technology is the best I have ever heard.

• I’ve got more time to comment on the main difference to me. BTW they are both great synths and I still use both of them. I like the built in effects on the TAL.

Set up a plain patch on both. Sustain and filter on full. Sawtooth only and no chorus. Slowly introduce the sub oscillator. The Softube one sounds much deeper and fuller and more authentic to me. I’ve owned several 106s in the past.

• FYI, the price for Model 84 VST dropped again for the Holiday to $43. I grabbed it, since I regretted not getting it a few weeks ago at that price.

• @joegrant413 said:
    FYI, the price for Model 84 VST dropped again for the Holiday to $43. I grabbed it, since I regretted not getting it a few weeks ago at that price.

I’ve got it for a while and for the current price it’s a no brainer (as is the whole set that is offered right now).