Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Akai Force update brings MPC instruments. https://www.akaipro.com/force-forcexus

• OH OK, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP.
    MIGHT BE MY GAS ACTUNG UP BUT THIS LOOKS LIKE THE ONE PLUG-IN I WOULD BUY FOR MY MP.
    HAVE YOU USED IT YOURSELF @Jumpercollins ?

• Will be downloading it when I get home

• @DatGood said:
    OH OK, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP.
    MIGHT BE MY GAS ACTUNG UP BUT THIS LOOKS LIKE THE ONE PLUG-IN I WOULD BUY FOR MY MP.
    HAVE YOU USED IT YOURSELF @Jumpercollins ?

@DatGood No yet only got released today loads of utubers showing it off probably download the demo at the weekend.

• edited October 2022

I saw this, but decided to use the Minimoog app from Moog to really see if I was missing anything.

Nope...for now :)

Nothing too fancy...a couple instances of OPX-4 and the MiniMoog on iPad processed thru the new Flavor effect: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/078qyqV0Ppa14xJoKsUS6fgZg#AirFlavorLoop-Sample

Here's the project if anyone likes the vibe...you'll need the AIR plug-in and OPX-4 though for the full effect: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/02fpx-tlqEVQWsMecven0RalQ#Whiplash

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Mini D is pretty powerful. Its great because you don't need to bring anything else if you take your MPC with you anywhere. Low on CPU and built-in effects. I like what Akai is doing. Take your MPC and a midi keyboard and that's all you really need. Flavor Pro is standalone RC-20. I'm vibing with the Live 2 and Keystep 37.

• It has USB MIDI and you can connect class compliant interfaces to it that support 44.1k. You can run usb hubs and connect all your gear to it and it can send midi over usb to all of them simultaneously. I use it with a Tascam Model 12 to multitrack in and multi record out of it.

• I might pick it up if they ever release a refresh. I really want some company to go balls to the wall with these standalone boxes. Give me tons of ram and processing power for track heavy production. Seeing Benn Jordan's video on the Keys 61 was so disappointing. But I'm also not a touring musician so...probably not for me lol

• edited October 2022

@KirbyMumbo said:
    ... Seeing Benn Jordan's video on the Keys 61 was so disappointing. But I'm also not a touring musician so...probably not for me lol

Did you see both videos ?
    The 1st was with a faulty unit which then was replaced by Akai and he did a 2nd one.

• Imho the Mini D is a complete fail. Not for sound but for user interaction.
    If the original had that operation paradigm, it never had become a classic >:)
    (watching a demo video made me really suffer with the performer...)

• @Telefunky said:
    Imho the Mini D is a complete fail. Not for sound but for user interaction.

also sound is nothing exceptional ... in my opinion when compared to Model D from Behringer it sounds thin and sterile .. Even Model D iOS doens't sound that good especially with high resonance (there is nasty aliasing on high resonande on iOS Model D), bud this Mini D is even less close to HW ..

• @dendy said:

@Telefunky said:

also sound is nothing exceptional ... in my opinion when compared to Model D from Behringer it sounds thin and sterile .. Even Model D iOS doens't sound that good especially with high resonance (there is nasty aliasing on high resonande on iOS Model D), bud this Mini D is even less close to HW ..

I agree absolutely with the comparison Boog, then Legend, Diva and MPC.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    The Mini D is pretty powerful. Its great because you don't need to bring anything else if you take your MPC with you anywhere. Low on CPU and built-in effects. I like what Akai is doing. Take your MPC and a midi keyboard and that's all you really need. Flavor Pro is standalone RC-20. I'm vibing with the Live 2 and Keystep 37.

Every 2.11 update makes my Live 2 freeze up when I go to shut it off, I haven’t tried 2.11.6 yet. I’ve downgraded back to 2.11.1 like 3 times, I do t know if I should even bother trying 2.11.6. So you’ve had no issues with your Live 2 since updating to 2.11? Do you have any hard drives installed beside the 16 one that’s installed when you bought it?
    I have a 1tb ssd drive and Im wondering if that’s the issue.

• This is great for MPC hardware. Big win. And the price ain’t as crazy as I would’ve expected

• edited October 2022

@winconway said:

@dendy said:

@Telefunky said:

Pinch of salt time here, I would try it out yourself first, there are some dodgy things going on with a lot of "Youtubers" of late.
    That said, why would anybody think a software version would touch an analogue version, software is great for being software, and for recall and multiple instances, the plugin is vastly superior, will anybody be able to tell the difference in a mix, nope, because nobody has any clue what is used in a mix unless somebody lists the gear afterwards, and a lot of that is lies too haha.

It depends.. partially agree with what you wrote.. Honestly i think MPC is great production device and it’s set of plugins is really impressive.. MPC One would be my clear second choince for production after iPad.

But on other side. If something pretends to be emulation of existing HW, it’s absolutely legit to compare it with that HW. There are definitely more faithful reproduction of Minimoog than this ….

Guy in review i pasted here makes good contenr.. he has plethora of valuable reviews, he is really great musician and youtuber, i respect him a lot.

• @dendy said:

@winconway said:

@dendy said:

@Telefunky said:

Pinch of salt time here, I would try it out yourself first, there are some dodgy things going on with a lot of "Youtubers" of late.
    That said, why would anybody think a software version would touch an analogue version, software is great for being software, and for recall and multiple instances, the plugin is vastly superior, will anybody be able to tell the difference in a mix, nope, because nobody has any clue what is used in a mix unless somebody lists the gear afterwards, and a lot of that is lies too haha.

It depends.. partially agree with what you wrote.. Honestly i think MPC is great production device and it’s set of plugins is really impressive.. MPC One would be my clear second choince for production after iPad.

But on other side. If something pretends to be emulation of existing HW, it’s absolutely legit to compare it with that HW. There are definitely more faithful reproduction of Minimoog than this ….

Guy in review i pasted here makes good contenr.. he has plethora of valuable reviews, he is really great musician and youtuber, i respect him a lot.

He is a great producer, I have watched his videos for many years.

• @knewspeak
    He is a great producer, I have watched his videos for many years.

🤝

• @Strizbiz said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    The Mini D is pretty powerful. Its great because you don't need to bring anything else if you take your MPC with you anywhere. Low on CPU and built-in effects. I like what Akai is doing. Take your MPC and a midi keyboard and that's all you really need. Flavor Pro is standalone RC-20. I'm vibing with the Live 2 and Keystep 37.

Every 2.11 update makes my Live 2 freeze up when I go to shut it off, I haven’t tried 2.11.6 yet. I’ve downgraded back to 2.11.1 like 3 times, I do t know if I should even bother trying 2.11.6. So you’ve had no issues with your Live 2 since updating to 2.11? Do you have any hard drives installed beside the 16 one that’s installed when you bought it?
    I have a 1tb ssd drive and Im wondering if that’s the issue.

Interestingly enough, I've had less issues with 2.11 than I did with 2.10. I have a Live 2 with a 1TB SSD in it. I believe it's a Samsung 870 Evo.

• edited October 2022

Been having some fun with the new Air Flavor Pro plug-in on the MPC and here are some nice Loops for you. A Pad, a little Melody and some gritty Drums: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/046UKJc72q1bAUEVmMvP4JTAg#MPC-LoopingStudy

And here are the Clean loops with out the insert effects:
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/02ffmz9c5WE-G6tYkywpAOxHQ#Loops-Clean

• edited October 2022

So glad to see this topic on my favorite forum.

I jumped on it and got the the Mini D trial on my MPC software and the MPC standalone. Quickly compared the MPC software sounds with the Moog Model D VST on the Mac vs. the Softube Model 72.

It holds its own. And IMO that's saying a lot for Akai. This Akai plug-in -- and probably the OPX4 - feel like you haven't compromised to use the Akai stuff rather than a VST via MPC software. (BTW, running an MPC as a controller to the Mac running MPC software is surprisingly quick and easy. And more versatile.)

So there is a good chance I'll get it. As a newbie MPC owner who's almost past the honeymoon phase, it's still an open question how much I want to spend money on VSTs vs. Akai software. And the Mini D for $80 would be first purchase beyond what I already got. But it's nice to know that my MPC in standalone mood will have uncompromised synth tones with the Mini D and a few other MPC sounds.

• Last thing after seeing other comments. No, you won't mistake the Mini D for hardware. It's tamed and predictable, unlike my Behringer Model D, which is a joy but requires more care and attention than I always care to give.

• @Telefunky said:

@KirbyMumbo said:
    ... Seeing Benn Jordan's video on the Keys 61 was so disappointing. But I'm also not a touring musician so...probably not for me lol

Did you see both videos ?
    The 1st was with a faulty unit which then was replaced by Akai and he did a 2nd one.

Yeah, my main issue was the lack of computing power and low amount of tracks.

• Now imagine someone actually invests into making a combined MIDI controller and audio interface, that would contain a dock for iPad and a dedicated AU host / DAW that integrates seamlessly with the app. The experience would be basically the same as with this new AKAI touchscreen lineups, just so much better. You'd be able to detach iPad any time and make music on the go (or laying on a couch :tongue: ) or use it for any other purpose.
    Probably too risky for established brands, but imagine having all the power of nicely integrated hardware with the great iPad touchscreen, combined with all the iOS AU ecosystem.

• The MPC One is my favorite standalone box so far. I've sold my Maschine+ and sticked to this one.
    If anyone is interested in making it portable, I can power it for hours using an Anker Battery with PowerDelivery and a special usb-c adapter from these guy https://www.songbirdfx.com/products/
    Tried RipCord but it gets hot and doesn't provide enough Amps to power the device.

I've downloaded the trial for Mini D and Flavor Pro yesterday, DIRECTLY from the device which is bonkers, and I'm no expert in Moogs but it sounded fat enough for my taste.

The fact that we get those great plugins (talking about the previous launch) on a standalone machine is dope. The other ones consume a lot of CPU, but the MPC has a button for bouncing a track to WAV so you can freeze it.

• edited October 2022

Having a ton of fun with the new plug-ins for the MPC. Here i go a little old school electronic @ 120bpm: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0a8q2Cxgg3wQSTH9fFlkCHUOQ#The_Morning_Rehearsal_120bpm

16 Bar loop

And the MPC Project if you dig it: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/00b30EyiFyKVNf-KvIYtDxYqA#The_Morning_Rehearsal

I converted the Drums to Audio as well in case you don't have Playbeat3

• Great tunes as usual @echoopera

I wonder if the FM synth can get crazy like a Digitone - ie those Autechre-esque clangorous metal cylinder unfolding FM tones. Or does lots of automation sound stepped and awful like the original Yamaha DXs.

• @StudioES said:
    Great tunes as usual @echoopera

I wonder if the FM synth can get crazy like a Digitone - ie those Autechre-esque clangorous metal cylinder unfolding FM tones. Or does lots of automation sound stepped and awful like the original Yamaha DXs.

👊🏼™️

Hrmmm. Good question. Right now i am enjoying the sounds it is creating. I tend not to go too wild with my antics…but I’ll definitely see what happens if i tread in to the deep end of its sonic potential.