Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

1848586878890»

Comments

• @tk32 said:

@Pierre118 said:
    @tk32 will there be any updates coming for Atom 2?

I would assume so - but best to wait for official news from Viktor/Blueveek.

He hasn’t abandoned iOS, no matter what some people suggest.

I hope so, he promised to update it.

• @Pierre118 said:

@tk32 said:

@Pierre118 said:
    @tk32 will there be any updates coming for Atom 2?

I would assume so - but best to wait for official news from Viktor/Blueveek.

He hasn’t abandoned iOS, no matter what some people suggest.

I hope so, he promised to update it.

Presumably he’s been busy developing automation 😉

• does anyone know if it's possible to import a multi-channel midi clip to one pattern, with the channels preserved (multi filter mode)?
    right now when i import, it separates each midi channel into different patterns.
    thanks!

• edited May 2022

@shellfritsch said:
    does anyone know if it's possible to import a multi-channel midi clip to one pattern, with the channels preserved (multi filter mode)?
    right now when i import, it separates each midi channel into different patterns.
    thanks!

Yes, it’s possible but there are a few steps involved so bear with me…

1. import your multi-channel MIDI file into Atom2. Each channel of the MIDI file will be imported into a separate Pattern in the Patterns menu
    2. For each pattern in the list, you need to cut/paste the MIDI notes within so they get assigned to a specific MIDI channel. Here’s how..
      a. Select the desired pattern from the list.
      b. Select all notes (double-tap the select tool/icon)
      c. Cut notes to clipboard (see fig.1)
      d. Open the channel menu that has show/hide controls for MIDI channels 1-12 (see fig.2)
      e. Hide all layers the unhide the channel you want to paste your notes into. (see fig.3)
      f. Paste your notes from the clipboard
    3. Repeat step 3 for all imported patterns.
    4. Once complete everything should be the same as when you imported the MIDI… EXCEPT that each pattern will now contains MIDI notes on DIFFERENT MIDI channels.
    5. Finally, open the Patterns panel again and use the MERGE command to make a new pattern that combines all of the imported patterns, but preserving the MIDI channel assignments you made in step 2 (above). (see fig.4)

Hope this makes sense - and sorry it’s a little more complicated. At least it works :)

Figure 1:

Figure 2:

Figure 3:

Figure 4:

• @winconway said:

@auxmux said:
    Congrats on the release! Is it possible to have the piano roll only show notes in scale? Like in LK and Ableton, fold note to scale feature.

There is no folding visually on the UI keyboard itself, however there are visual guides under the scales tab, top right. In that tab you will also find Map to whites for folding notes in scale just to white keys, and Map to pads, for for folding notes in scale to the pads of a pad controller.

Note here that scales in this tab are only working on MIDI input until you activate the pitch processor in the process pop out, bottom right, which will automagically open the scale tab too, that processor will then process notes on the grid.

Folding notes visually on the UI keyboard is on the FR list, but can actually be achieved by a little bit of scripting, so maybe this will happen in the mean time anyway.

Sorry to drag this up from so long ago, but I’m looking into folding to notes in atom to use it as a drum sequencer. When you say it can be done with scripting, did you ever see this happen?

• edited May 2022

@gregsmith said:

@winconway said:

@auxmux said:
    Congrats on the release! Is it possible to have the piano roll only show notes in scale? Like in LK and Ableton, fold note to scale feature.

There is no folding visually on the UI keyboard itself, however there are visual guides under the scales tab, top right. In that tab you will also find Map to whites for folding notes in scale just to white keys, and Map to pads, for for folding notes in scale to the pads of a pad controller.

Note here that scales in this tab are only working on MIDI input until you activate the pitch processor in the process pop out, bottom right, which will automagically open the scale tab too, that processor will then process notes on the grid.

Folding notes visually on the UI keyboard is on the FR list, but can actually be achieved by a little bit of scripting, so maybe this will happen in the mean time anyway.

Sorry to drag this up from so long ago, but I’m looking into folding to notes in atom to use it as a drum sequencer. When you say it can be done with scripting, did you ever see this happen?

Hi Greg,

All it would take is for someone to tweak the CSS stylesheet to do something like this...

.row .not-in-scale {
    Display: none;
    }

(Please note, the above is psuedocode, and the actual selectors will be named slightly differently. But in principle, this technique will work).

• @tk32 said:

@gregsmith said:

@winconway said:

@auxmux said:

Hi Greg,

All it would take is for someone to tweak the CSS stylesheet to do something like this...

.row .not-in-scale {
    Display: none;
    }

(Please note, the above is psuedocode, and the actual selectors will be named slightly differently. But in principle, this technique will work).

Got it, thanks. I’ve just had a look at the example.css file and can see the relevant classes.

However, I think this will only work for existing scales right? And there’s no way to add your own scales?

• Eek. Good point.

I can't remember if you can define your own scales. Possibly not.

Sorry

• @tk32 said:
    Eek. Good point.

I can't remember if you can define your own scales. Possibly not.

Sorry

All good 😊 I bet there’s a css id or class for each individual note but they’re not in the example file. Is @blueveek still alive?

• I’ve obviously been living under a rock, since I only discovered Atom 2 two weeks ago. What a fantastic app! I’ve been looking into buying a Launchpad, but I’m worried the app wouldn’t be updated, do you think new iOS updates could break the stability down the line in that case? I was looking forward to recording CC automation, but that seems to be missing. 😢 This forum is new for me as well, what a great source of information.

• @Nitro said:
    I’ve obviously been living under a rock, since I only discovered Atom 2 two weeks ago. What a fantastic app! I’ve been looking into buying a Launchpad, but I’m worried the app wouldn’t be updated, do you think new iOS updates could break the stability down the line in that case? I was looking forward to recording CC automation, but that seems to be missing. 😢 This forum is new for me as well, what a great source of information.

It records and plays back ccs. But there isn’t a no editing.

As far as I know, the developer has not responded to inquiries about what the future holds.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Nitro said:
    I’ve obviously been living under a rock, since I only discovered Atom 2 two weeks ago. What a fantastic app! I’ve been looking into buying a Launchpad, but I’m worried the app wouldn’t be updated, do you think new iOS updates could break the stability down the line in that case? I was looking forward to recording CC automation, but that seems to be missing. 😢 This forum is new for me as well, what a great source of information.

As far as I know, the developer has not responded to inquiries about what the future holds.

Thank you for clarifying regarding automation, I must be connecting wrong then. Pitty that you can’t edit automation and see it. 🤞🏻 the development continues.

• edited August 2022

@Nitro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Nitro said:

Thank you for clarifying regarding automation, I must be connecting wrong then. Pitty that you can’t edit automation and see it. 🤞🏻 the development continues.

So, you are having trouble recording ding and playing midi that includes cc’s? Have you used a midi monitor to confirm they are reaching atom and checked its output?

What is the midi source

• Hello! I am using Atom as a multi-track live looping MPE and automation sequencer, seriously so grateful for this software and the possibilities it opens up!

Apologies if this has been answered before- If I move the notes from a recording along the timeline, it doesn't seem to carry the CC automation with it. Is there any way to be able to move the recorded automation along the timeline (if not just linking the CC automation to the notes)? Thanks so much for any help :smile:

• @nod_rog said:
    Hello! I am using Atom as a multi-track live looping MPE and automation sequencer, seriously so grateful for this software and the possibilities it opens up!

Apologies if this has been answered before- If I move the notes from a recording along the timeline, it doesn't seem to carry the CC automation with it. Is there any way to be able to move the recorded automation along the timeline (if not just linking the CC automation to the notes)? Thanks so much for any help :smile:

Good question. But unfortunately the answer is no, this isn't possible with Atom 2. There's no possibility of editing CC automation in any way.

• edited October 2022

A possible SOLUTION: record with midi tape recorder (free app) and use something like Helium or Xequence 2 for edits. Then paste import those clips into Atom if you want that kind of midi modularity.

Not the one stop shot editing inside Atom is would be but (shrug)

• Hmmm - is Viktor Porof still missing here on the forum?

Have been really silent from him for a very very looooooooong time now…

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Hmmm - is Viktor Porof still missing here on the forum?

Have been really silent from him for a very very looooooooong time now…

Welcome to iOS, non of this is a business for anybody, it is all spare time stuff, basically doing the community a favour, if you have no spare time, then it does not get done, and with todays economy, not so much spare time is available.

Such a shame after the blood sweat and tears that went into atom2. I still use it every day in loopy pro.

• edited October 2022

It’s very rare for a dev to simply abandon iOS after making such a big investment of time and effort.

Much more likely is one of the following (or a combination of)…

1. a change to job/life/health/family/commitments. (happens to all of us)
    2. a change of focus or interests. (happens to most of us)
    3. a high-profile assignment that requires NDA or prohibits side-projects. (happens only to the elite few)

I can confirm, however, that Viktor is alive and well and in good health, as I spoke with him a few months back :)

• Glad to hear he is well
    What ever the reason, let’s hope he finds the time to finish atom 2 , it’s a great app
    And if he doesn’t, it’s still a great go to app

• @audiblevideo said:
    A possible SOLUTION: record with midi tape recorder (free app) and use something like Helium or Xequence 2 for edits. Then paste import those clips into Atom if you want that kind of midi modularity.

Thanks for recommending Xequence -- btw, there's no need for an intermediate app like MIDI Tape Recorder. You can record MPE directly into Xequence and then edit straight away.

• @wim said:
    Good question. But unfortunately the answer is no, this isn't possible with Atom 2. There's no possibility of editing CC automation in any way.

@audiblevideo said:

Not the one stop shot editing inside Atom is would be but (shrug)

@SevenSystems said:
    Thanks for recommending Xequence -- btw, there's no need for an intermediate app like MIDI Tape Recorder. You can record MPE directly into Xequence and then edit straight away.

Thank you so much for yr responses! I feared this was the case, but wanted to ask to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I do have MIDI tape recorder and xequence and did consider recording it into them first, just wasn’t sure if the automation data for all the cc’s would all be imported smoothly into Atom. I’ll give that a go then!

And I agree about hoping for more atom development in the future. I’d pay big $ for cc automation (could even be an in app purchase?) and the ability to save the state of all of the Atom instances in AUM at once (I am using up to 60-100 instances per song across tracks/parts so would save a lot of hassle).

• @tk32 said:
    It’s very rare for a dev to simply abandon iOS after making such a big investment of time and effort.

Much more likely is one of the following (or a combination of)…

1. a change to job/life/health/family/commitments. (happens to all of us)
    2. a change of focus or interests. (happens to most of us)
    3. a high-profile assignment that requires NDA or prohibits side-projects. (happens only to the elite few)

I can confirm, however, that Viktor is alive and well and in good health, as I spoke with him a few months back :)

Yeah, I had some contact with him (Viktor) on Twitter earlier this year, but, he said then he will certainly coming back to the forum…