Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: The Rings of Power

12346»

Comments

• edited September 2022

I thought they were all that way so far? 😛

All my friends keep telling me to be patient, they're building this whole new world for future seasons. But they world was already there in GREAT detail thanks to the books and the movies. They need something to actually HAPPEN soon, we're like halfway through the season already.

• @Tarekith said:
    I thought they were all that way so far? 😛

All my friends keep telling me to be patient, they're building this whole new world for future seasons. But they world was already there in GREAT detail thanks to the books and the movies. They need something to actually HAPPEN soon, we're like halfway through the season already.

Yeah, it’s a little frustrating that it’s being built up over so long.

Also I hope there no more of the dumb plot elements like the mithril one. That was the worst part of any of the episodes so far by a long way.

• Finished watching the first season last night.

I’ve watched the entire season on a projector with 150 inch screen and a good 5.1 surround system. Visually and audibly it is stunning. It looks and sounds like middle earth. Mostly the characters and actors are great but the writing. Jeez 🙄. Why is the writing so bad. Proper cringe moments in last nights season finale.

I’m actually starting to actively dislike Galadriels character. Did the people that wrote this never see the movies or read the books.

What an absolute waste. Kinda makes me a bit mad when I think about it.

• Most of it was awful, just boring, but I did quite enjoy the last couple of episodes at least when it finally got going.

• I struggled to stay awake until the last episode. It was a decent ending, but it took WAY too long (the whole season) for anything exciting to happen.

Also, the Harfeet are annoying AF. I hope they are the first race Sauron wipes out or leave on an epic quest to find their long lost leader Jar Jar.

• It was just shockingly bad. So much craft and talent frittered on turd-polishing. There was an extraordinary piece in The Hollywood Reporter whose narrative was that the writer–showrunners had sought and won the gig for their love and respect for the material. It's dispiriting to think they, and the Tolkien estate, might actually have believed this, and thought that what they were serving up was a sensitive appreciation rather than a piano dropped from a crane on top of it. You heart does go out to the cast and crew whose miserable task it was to get the pig all lippied up in makeup. Particular grudging respect for Markella Kavenaugh as the Harfoot lead, who you realise with slowly mounting horror is absolutely brilliant and it's just her character that makes you want to gnaw your own head off.

• @Masanga said:
    It was just shockingly bad. So much craft and talent frittered on turd-polishing. There was an extraordinary piece in The Hollywood Reporter whose narrative was that the writer–showrunners had sought and won the gig for their love and respect for the material. It's dispiriting to think they, and the Tolkien estate, might actually have believed this, and thought that what they were serving up was a sensitive appreciation rather than a piano dropped from a crane on top of it. You heart does go out to the cast and crew whose miserable task it was to get the pig all lippied up in makeup. Particular grudging respect for Markella Kavenaugh as the Harfoot lead, who you realise with slowly mounting horror is absolutely brilliant and it's just her character that makes you want to gnaw your own head off.

"...a piano dropped from a crane on top of it..."

I want to see that on an ad for this series.

• @Apex said:
    As a long term Tolkien fan, I’m mortified by this abomination.

This ! It’s just horrible crap.

This guy pretty much summarized it perfectly.

• LOL, that guy is really upset about this show. 😂

• @Tarekith said:
    Also, the Harfeet are annoying AF. I hope they are the first race Sauron wipes out or leave on an epic quest to find their long lost leader Jar Jar.

:lol:

• @CapnWillie said:
    For those of us who enjoyed it and are looking forward to next season, ratings are in and they’re great. Can’t wait to see the new budget, improvements and how the story continues to develop 🍿

https://www.vulture.com/2022/09/the-rings-of-power-ratings-are-in-and-theyre-good.html

https://tvline.com/2022/10/13/the-rings-of-power-nielsen-streaming-top-10-week-of-september-12/

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/the-rings-of-power-amazon-streaming-record

I'm not sure how trustworthy the Nielsen ratings are these days, but hopefully the show will drastically improve in the second season. Bringing Peter Jackson onboard as a consultant would be a nice move.

• @CapnWillie said:

@NeuM said:

@CapnWillie said:
    For those of us who enjoyed it and are looking forward to next season, ratings are in and they’re great. Can’t wait to see the new budget, improvements and how the story continues to develop 🍿

https://www.vulture.com/2022/09/the-rings-of-power-ratings-are-in-and-theyre-good.html

https://tvline.com/2022/10/13/the-rings-of-power-nielsen-streaming-top-10-week-of-september-12/

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/the-rings-of-power-amazon-streaming-record

I'm not sure how trustworthy the Nielsen ratings are these days, but hopefully the show will drastically improve in the second season. Bringing Peter Jackson onboard as a consultant would be a nice move.

A man can hope. I doubt Jackson would return considering what he achieved with the material already. His interpretation was complete and we’ve experienced it.

I look at shows like an app with each episode being a dot update and each season a version upgrade. Amazon has resources, access to talent and sort of even has a track record for delivering. We’ll see.lol

However, I have no emo connection to the source material or its author so it’s even easier for me. It’s simply a good way to unwind and enjoy my home theater investment for an hour.lol

In the end, it's just entertainment. Some people just happen to take their entertainment far more seriously. ;)

• There are some aspects of it that horrify me as a Tolkien fan, but overall I enjoyed it.

On the plus side: exploring the earlier life of Galadriel based on hints that Tolkien provided (particularly in his letters), events surrounding the Numenoreans, Sauron coming to power.

On the negative side: Ewoks - sorry, I mean Harfoots, giving mithril magical powers, changing Sauron’s back story so much.

Also some truly bizarre and ridiculous things like suggesting that a silmaril somehow found its way into a tree.

Hopefully following seasons will get better scripts.

• Despite the flaws of season 1, I was entertained and will be back for more, because I just can't help it.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Despite the flaws of season 1, I was entertained and will be back for more, because I just can't help it.

Me too. I can definitely look beyond the flaws as there’s a lot of good things I have seen.