Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton Note for iOS

Comments

• Maybe I'm missing something, but this looks only relevant to Ableton Live users. No mention of sync / hosting of AU3s

• @echoopera said:

@monz0id said:
    Oh well, that's my v10 out of the picture:

"Note Sets can be opened in Ableton Live and are supported in Live Version 11.2.5 and later."

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/6243757391388-Note-Compatibility

Just get a hold of Ableton Lite. That should work i presume.

Yeah, good point - I can download Lite from my account it seems, and I guess I could then save the imported projects as standard Ableton files and if I need to, import them into the full V10 I have.

I've been chewing over upgrading to v11 for a while now though, maybe I need to get off the fence...

• @monz0id said:

@echoopera said:

@monz0id said:

"Note Sets can be opened in Ableton Live and are supported in Live Version 11.2.5 and later."

Yeah, good point - I can download Lite from my account it seems, and I guess I could then save the imported projects as standard Ableton files and if I need to, import them into the full V10 I have.

I've been chewing over upgrading to v11 for a while now though, maybe I need to get off the fence...

Live 11 is great. But yeah test it out in Live Lite first to see if it flows with your workflow.

• Even if I completely switched to PC music production, this is a great news for IOS music 🤟
    Congrats.

• You gonna take THAT lyin’ down, @Imageline? C’mon, show us watch a got!

• @echoopera said:

@monz0id said:

@echoopera said:

@monz0id said:

Live 11 is great. But yeah test it out in Live Lite first to see if it flows with your workflow.

This is the thing - I'm not a big MIDI user - I prefer audio files, and I tend to do most things in the Arranger section, so the option to export audio from the app and use it in v10 might be enough for me. I do like the look of the new v11 devices though.

I think the first step is to grab the app, and see how it goes!

• @Svetlovska said:
    Connectivity is apparently to Ableton via ‘Ableton Cloud’. I’m downloading it now, intrigued…

Update: you can export to wav, and share to the file folder - and import your own waves from the file folder. Excellent!

@Svetlovska : Oh, good! I’m exclusively all iPad, I don’t even own a computer so that’s a great find , thanks!

• Does Note have Link? Asking for a friend!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Does Note have Link? Asking for a friend!

But of course 😜

• edited October 2022

Honestly, I am afraid this is targeting the same group as Korg Gadget, Auxy, Blocks wave, Reason compact, FLStudio mobile,...
    I don't think we need another walled-garden, dumbed-down, "beat-making", "ideas-sketchpad" app. There's ton of such apps on app store.
    What we need is serious production tool that get's all the potential out of AUv3, that has a serious file management, serious time-stretching (and talking about Ableton - serious warping feature), ideally some semi-modular system behind (Bitwig or Drambo-inspired) etc...
    Of course, this is the toughest part. But honestly, without that, iOS will never be a serious production tool.
    We need more apps like AUM, Cubasis, Drambo, maybe even Beatmaker 3 (with is still unbeaten in sample-editing features) etc. But not another toy app. Remember the fail of Propellerheads with Reason. Currently, anyone can make a simple app like that. But going deeper requires more serious approach.
    The only thing that's unique and I like is the integration with Ableton Live. But honestly, this also shows what's the goal of this app is: funneling new users into desktop version of Live.

• @skrat said:
    The only thing that's unique and I like is the integration with Ableton Live. But honestly, this also shows what's the goal of this app is: funneling new users into desktop version of Live.

Or letting Ableton users start ideas on iOS and then move the good ones into Live. Which is exactly what I want.

• All the screenshots for both iPad and iPhone are in portrait mode.
    I won't buy it just to check if it works in land-scape mode?!

If it had a fully featured simpler with slicing and warping I might might be tempted but nah.

This will surely please Ableton fans but being a Logic user I don't see the point of this app at all other than pushing people towards getting Live.

Cheers!

• So, is there any connectivity except Cloud&Export, at least MIDI control?

• edited October 2022

@Samu said:
    All the screenshots for both iPad and iPhone are in portrait mode.
    I won't buy it just to check if it works in land-scape mode?!

If it had a fully featured simpler with slicing and warping I might might be tempted but nah.

This will surely please Ableton fans but being a Logic user I don't see the point of this app at all other than pushing people towards getting Live.

Cheers!

📢 It’s for Ableton users. As one i am happy. 📣

There aren’t many reasons for someone to use this if they don’t use Ableton.

Its success will come from the frictionless integration with the desktop client.

Create a quick sketch. Send to a band mate/collaborator. They push it a bit. Send it back and you finish on the desktop.

The dream is real.

• @echoopera could you confirm that the iPad app is a true iPad app with landscape mode or just iPhone view with 2x zoom ?

• edited October 2022

@Better_w_headphone said:
    @echoopera could you confirm that the iPad app is a true iPad app with landscape mode or just iPhone view with 2x zoom ?

It’s full iPad app. Works in portrait and landscape.

iPhone is only locked to portrait.

• @mistercharlie said:

@skrat said:

Or letting Ableton users start ideas on iOS and then move the good ones into Live. Which is exactly what I want.

Exactly this.

It's like now, I can ditch ALL the others apps. Ableton Note to Ableton Live. For me, is the end.

• @echoopera said:

@Better_w_headphone said:
    @echoopera could you confirm that the iPad app is a true iPad app with landscape mode or just iPhone view with 2x zoom ?

It’s full iPad app. Works in portrait and landscape.

iPhone is only locked to portrait.

Thx a lot ! Now shut up and take my money Ableton

• They even spoilered a "Arturia MiniLab 3" in their release notes: https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-11/

• @Better_w_headphone Works in landscape and portrait, and in split view, which means you can use it alongside Koala!

• well. this would never beat LK! That closed library of generic pads and whistles for Nike billboards will never reach the force of auv3's instruments and effects I can load in Lk....but yeah if for sketches purpose...which (personally ) I would change those instruments/tones anyways later on on desktop...I agree with skrat

• I like the simple design! I think it would be killer if it can host AUv3 apps as well. Anyways, it's a great move from a company like Ableton to release an iOS app, it could draw lots of desktop producers to the iOS music scene!

• @Sergiu said:
    well. this would never beat LK! That closed library of generic pads and whistles for Nike billboards will never reach the force of auv3's instruments and effects I can load in Lk....but yeah if for sketches purpose...which (personally ) I would change those instruments/tones anyways later on on desktop...I agree with skrat

The instruments in Note are full-on Ableton instrument racks. You see them all when you open the project in Live.

• @mistercharlie said:

@Sergiu said:
    well. this would never beat LK! That closed library of generic pads and whistles for Nike billboards will never reach the force of auv3's instruments and effects I can load in Lk....but yeah if for sketches purpose...which (personally ) I would change those instruments/tones anyways later on on desktop...I agree with skrat

The instruments in Note are full-on Ableton instrument racks. You see them all when you open the project in Live.

yep...if external plugins/auv3's are not your thing..then yeah, all Great!

• @mistercharlie said:

This is mind-blowing.

• edited October 2022

@mistercharlie said:
    @Better_w_headphone Works in landscape and portrait, and in split view, which means you can use it alongside Koala!

AUM+Ableton Note is going to be a power house.

I’m going to record loops in AUM and import them to Note and call it a day on the desktop. 😜

Does your op1 field show up as an audio source in the Sampler in Note when connected to your iPad/iPhone?

• Is this another app that assumes all music ever is in 4/4? I didn’t see any time signature setting. It looks nice but I can’t see any advantage over Gadget for me.

• That's pretty nice, although Ableton set export would have meant it could have been more backwards compatible with Live 10.

• Can those clips I see be linked à la NS2 or is it copy/paste only? Quite a big download so I assume there are lots of instruments packed in.

• @Carnbot said:
    That's pretty nice, although Ableton set export would have meant it could have been more backwards compatible with Live 10.

That would have been amazing. Maybe I need to finally update Live as I’m a version behind.