Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I keep losing the samples and sequences in Koala in LP. (fixed by @elf_audio - Thank you!)

edited November 2022 in Loopy Pro

Hi. Just a quick question for those who know these things. When I close Loopy Pro every instance of Koala that I have clears it's state completely. So do I have to save Koala states inside the AUv3 and then recall them when I open the project? I guess I just answered my own question, but wondering if this is expected or a bug?

Comments

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:
    Hi. Just a quick question for those who know these things. When I close Loopy Pro every instance of Koala that I have clears it's state completely. So do I have to save Koala states inside the AUv3 and then recall them when I open the project? I guess I just answered my own question, but wondering if this is expected or a bug?

There seems to be a couple of Koala issues. If there is more than one instance of Koala in a Loopy pro project, the koala instances crash on save. And reloading doesn’t bring back the state. Also, saving a koala instance’s state as a preset doesn’t seem to work.

I recommend reporting the problems you ran into to Koala’s developer.

• OK. Thanks @espiegel123 for letting me know so quickly. I'll go and do that.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Same in NS2

• I’ve noticed the same thing happen in AUM

• Please make sure to report to Elf Audio. He may need to hear from enough people to be interested in looking into it. I’ve sent a few reports, but maybe it didn’t seem like a common issue.

• The Elf Audio Discord is very active. That might be a good place to raise the issue as well.

https://discord.gg/e5aVH5D3

• I left a message on the website contact form, I'm glad I asked out loud.
    Funny, this is the first time I've really given Koala a go. Oh well, I guess the answer for sampling duties in the AU domain is? (I think I know and it starts with....) I've just got to save ideas to the loops when I've got them.

• Hi all, I just made an update to koala which should make it much more stable in Loopy Pro - presets should work fine, and also multiple instances shouldn't be a problem any more. Pls let me know how you get on - feel free to drop me a line at https://www.koalasampler.com/contact

• @elf_audio : just did a few quick tests and the new Koala version seems to be working well -- I was able to load three instances (small projects) and the state saving worked. I didn't run into the problems I saw before when trying this.

• edited November 2022

@elf_audio apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Life and all that...Thank you for fixing the issue. Seems to be working great now. I've just tested with the two instances I had running before and all is good in the world. No crashes and the samples are still intact when I close out Loopy. I've edited the thread title to reflect this.
    Thank you heaps!

• I have same issues in AUM. Sometimes, in large sessions just does not load samples, gives an error, after restarting aum all works, the main thing is not to save. In one project I saved and lost all samples, very upset.