Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vatanator Pro

Comments

• Put my money on the barrelhead and have started to drink...

• edited September 2022

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Put my money on the barrelhead and have started to drink...

Why would you do that when we’ve been smoking in the Boys Room for years?

Are the drinks really any better than the Herb?

• To those who dove in on Vatanator Pro how is the relationship going? One night stand? Casually dating? Going steady?

Is this app The One for anyone out there?

• @Proppa said:
    To those who dove in on Vatanator Pro how is the relationship going? One night stand? Casually dating? Going steady?

it could very easily be The One for me at least, if he continues to update it, i still get crashes, and its limited in some areas, but i feel like its the first DAW app I have seen in a long time that is actually possibly able to compete with the big guys. again, he just has to keep developing it.

• @pr4y_4_beats said:

@Proppa said:
    To those who dove in on Vatanator Pro how is the relationship going? One night stand? Casually dating? Going steady?

it could very easily be The One for me at least, if he continues to update it, i still get crashes, and its limited in some areas, but i feel like its the first DAW app I have seen in a long time that is actually possibly able to compete with the big guys. again, he just has to keep developing it.

Precisamundo.

• @pr4y_4_beats said:

@Proppa said:

Ok good to know. And thank you JGY too. This thread went quiet pretty quickly which was concerning for such a weighty release (not often we get new DAW ecosystems 'round here). But it makes sense as we wait for fluid functionality. Take us there dear Vatanator developer(s)!

• edited September 2022

Does this have any built in sounds whatsoever or are we required to import or own or use AUv3? Also what is the most special thing about it?

• I can see they’re putting in the work!

• edited September 2022

@db909 said:
    Does this have any built in sounds whatsoever or are we required to import or own or use AUv3? Also what is the most special thing about it?

No built-in synths. Uses AUv3 and IAA. Has audio tracks and audio sampler tracks. Most special thing about it? I guess that would be up to the user. Some have really ragged on it while others seem to like it. I like the drum machine style programming ie: building patterns and then arranging them in song mode. I’m looking into working with the new version to see where it takes me. I don’t mind its quirky and somewhat non-traditional approach at all.

• @anickt can it do melodic samples that can be played chromatically on the keys or is it just drums?

• @db909 said:
    @anickt can it do melodic samples that can be played chromatically on the keys or is it just drums?

It has a few few presets that use samples. You can play them melodically with keyboard or pads. I haven’t investigated that are thoroughly yet.

• edited September 2022

@anickt
    Have you used the audio track function and how are audio tracks integrated with the main sequencer ? Can it record audio like BM3 ? I looked through the manual but only found this:

• @joniqwest said:
    @anickt
    Have you used the audio track function and how are audio tracks integrated with the main sequencer ? Can it record audio like BM3 ? I looked through the manual but only found this:

It does record from an external source. Just hit the record button at the top of the page. I have to spend some time with audio. It’s either wonky (crashes, silent playback) or I’m doing something wrong. Probably a little of both but I feel like it’ll get it sorted. I always send them crash reports and input. Paying to beta test is a little funky but it doesn’t bother me (yet). 😎👍🏼

• @anickt
    so it’s really just a sampler recorder, there are no audio tracks right ? A bit confusing as the App Store description say “audio track support”
    Thanks

• @joniqwest said:
    @anickt
    so it’s really just a sampler recorder, there are no audio tracks right ? A bit confusing as the App Store description say “audio track support”
    Thanks

There are audio tracks and a sampler. I’m seeing a lot of crashing when dealing with audio. If it was solid it would be a nice alternative to some other apps but I’d say wait for another update or two.

• Gotcha !

@anickt said:

@joniqwest said:
    @anickt
    Thanks

There are audio tracks and a sampler. I’m seeing a lot of crashing when dealing with audio. If it was solid it would be a nice alternative to some other apps but I’d say wait for another update or two.

• @joniqwest said:
    Gotcha !

@anickt said:

@joniqwest said:
    @anickt
    Thanks

I just sent them an email with input and crash reports. Now I must rest! 😆

• edited October 2022

Well I took the plunge and honestly I’m not too happy. Unless I’m doing something wrong there is no vertical velocity on the pads, keys. Seems I’m supposed to play the velocity separately with a little xy pad? No undo button for recording, gotta go to the pattern page and delete what you don’t like. Can’t figure out how to change the instrument type either. Like if I have an AU but want to swap it with a sampler, it’s impossible. Gotta add another track. Lots of little things that should be simple just don’t work very well. Really the only thing that works well is that the AUs load reliably and are playable. Not sure what I spent 23 dollars on.

If you just want to sequence AUs, hate to say it, but get Drambo and ignore all the modular stuff. Though I guess this DOES have beat repeat and an arpeggiator. Also there are internal fx for the drums, but zero for other instruments. It’s sort of bring you’re own everything, very little is offered here other than the UI itself, so if you just are REALLY particular about your UI and this looks good to you, I guess there’s a selling point .

• @db909 said:
    Well I took the plunge and honestly I’m not too happy. Unless I’m doing something wrong there is no vertical velocity on the pads, keys. Seems I’m supposed to play the velocity separately with a little xy pad? No undo button for recording, gotta go to the pattern page and delete what you don’t like. Can’t figure out how to change the instrument type either. Like if I have an AU but want to swap it with a sampler, it’s impossible. Gotta add another track. Lots of little things that should be simple just don’t work very well. Really the only thing that works well is that the AUs load reliably and are playable. Not sure what I spent 23 dollars on.

If you just want to sequence AUs, hate to say it, but get Drambo and ignore all the modular stuff. Though I guess this DOES have beat repeat and an arpeggiator. Also there are internal fx for the drums, but zero for other instruments. It’s sort of bring you’re own everything, very little is offered here other than the UI itself, so if you just are REALLY particular about your UI and this looks good to you, I guess there’s a selling point .

I can see Vatanator working for me for certain things but it’s not stable yet. I’ve been communicating with the dev and some things have been fixed. More to go however. Too bad because I can see a properly working version being something I would use regularly.

• What’s it like for importing and arranging audio clips? Anything slicker or new to offer there?

• @robosardine said:
    What’s it like for importing and arranging audio clips? Anything slicker or new to offer there?

Not really. I’m a fan of FLSM for audio arrangement.

• I haven’t got this app yet
    But great to see the updates coming
    Perhaps later in the year I might purchase this
    Good luck vantanator developer

• Can anyone tell whether Vatanotor Pro has the kind of 'realtime recording by touching AU's knobs like in Cubasis' kind of automation? (or the you have to look up the parameter and then draw it kind)

• @prtr_jan said:
    Can anyone tell whether Vatanotor Pro has the kind of 'realtime recording by touching AU's knobs like in Cubasis' kind of automation? (or the you have to look up the parameter and then draw it kind)

Pretty sure it doesn’t have record automation.

• Good news! My refund went through!

• Hey can anyone post video or screenshots of audio tracks , I emailed support as well but might get a quicker response here.

Thanks !

• Love to see the dev being responsive and fixing these bugs. I have all their other apps and love them. Another update or 2 and I’ll definitely take the plunge on it.