Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Medusa From Fred Anton Corvest

Comments

• Pre ordered just for the look ! Glad Doug got the chance to push out a video sounds interesting 🤔

• @Jumpercollins The more I play with it the more I love it.

• Pre-Ordered as well. This is the 1st app for October and the yearly average so far has been 1-3 paid apps per month...

@thesoundtestroom Thank you for the nice video preview :sunglasses:
    (It actually sold it to me as just looking at the screen shots and reading about it doesn't do it justice).

Cheers!

• @Samu Hi Sam, I hope a lot of people listen to how good this sounds😊

• I don't need another compressor, but I've learned to make exceptions for FAC.

I mean, who can resist Drumkit multiouts>Bandit>Medusa?

• edited October 2022

I saw a quote from Fred on Twitter, he said something like… the entire time he was developing Medusa he had this thought, not another compressor, so he did everything he could to push it to the limits. Or something like that…

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Poppadocrock said:
    I saw a quote from Fred on Twitter, he said something like… the entire time he was developing Medusa he had this thought, not another compressor, so he did everything he could to push it to the limits. Or something like that…

There it is mates. :)

And yeah, "not another compressor" was my initial thought too, but by what Fred said and judging by the demos, this compressor seems like it's going to be a pretty great one to slap on, say, a Trance lead or a vocal track. I still swear by MagicDeathEyeStereo for mastering and Bleass Compressor as my all-rounder.

• hpchpc
    edited June 2023

Deleted

• I must say, after Dougs vid it does sound very good.. Great for Ambient Death Metal too, a style I just made up.

• @Slush said:
    I must say, after Dougs vid it does sound very good.. Great for Ambient Death Metal too, a style I just made up.

Sounds like something I could get down with

• FAC Medusa looks a little like a deeper dive in Klevgrand Squashit's waters. how do they compare? what does Medusa do better/different?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Poppadocrock said:

There it is mates. :)

And yeah, "not another compressor" was my initial thought too, but by what Fred said and judging by the demos, this compressor seems like it's going to be a pretty great one to slap on, say, a Trance lead or a vocal track. I still swear by MagicDeathEyeStereo for mastering and Bleass Compressor as my all-rounder.

Thanks. Yea that’s it, was being lazy trying to paraphrase.

Versatile too.

• Very good sound for drums !
    Try this chain: TB Enhancer(~20%) - FAC Medusa - Reverb

• I heard a lot of phaziness in Doug’s video, but I realize he was really pushing things and also two instrument instances.
    I’m hoping it’s possible to find a balance of altering the tone some but without sucking all the dynamics out of it. I’m sure this is possible if whatever signal goes in has a robust dynamic range. Also, it seems from the video there’s an LFO happening?

I’m buying this after the intro price expires simply to show my appreciation for FAC Drumkit. Yes, I’m aware I can tip thru DK, and I have in the past, it’s just that it was a game changer for me. Drumkit is the first iOS drum app I stuck it out with. I stopped wanting features and lusting drums since DK. I still bought and use things like Skiid and Fractal Bits, but they all end up in DK. The envelopes are such a joy to work with for taming unruly sounds and for finishing .

• it´s here! 🤗

• ❤️ from the first seconds of use.
    I had Way huge Saffron squeeze…. Medusa is my equivalent in digital (Im happy with this first purchase from FAC).

• @sharifkerbage said:
    it´s here! 🤗

I guess I’ll have to wait till midnight here - which is another 6hrs

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is a Pre-Release look at the new FAC Medusa.
    Fred gave me his permission to show you this before its release.
    I was just like everyone else when I found out it was another compressor, I'm like I already have a load of compressors.
    Then I fired it up and I was then like....this is incredible, sounds like no other compressor, in fact, I actually said to Fred that it reminded me of the Elektron Analog Heat.
    You can do insane things to your sound with this, I'm not even exaggerating, it's bonkers.
    You can make it sound really sweet too, but that's not how I'm going to be using it.
    If you were on the fence about getting "just" another compressor this will probably tip you to the positive.
    I hope enjoy the video.

Oof that demo is making it difficult to maintain my “I don’t need another compressor“ narrative

• 😲 It magically appeared on my iPad! Can't wait to have a play with it!

• Ope, I missed the presale.

• Sounds awesome! Reviewed and 5-stared!

• Preordered

• Worth having. Definitely adds depth to drums, though my fav there is Bleass Compressor. Will enjoy using this.

• Quick 1 minute short showing how excellent FAC Medusa can sound on synths.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Ope, I missed the presale.

Are you from the midwest US mate? 🙂

Anyways, it's only a $2 difference, but still worth it. Medusa blows my mind and will use it on my next track. It'll make my Trance lead sing! 🤩

• Only 'thing' I'm missing is double-tap to zero/init a parameter.
    Long-Tap on knobs to control all of them at once is a nice touch :)

• @Samu said:
    Only 'thing' I'm missing is double-tap to zero/init a parameter.
    Long-Tap on knobs to control all of them at once is a nice touch :)

I see what you did there. 😉 Since we work with touchscreens....nope, not quitting my day job for comedy. 😂