Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Medusa From Fred Anton Corvest

Comments

• @Grandbear said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Grandbear said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Ya gotta be kidding me. A compressor. Ugh

Release set for the 3rd.

really? fac this

It’s up for preorder. Too lazy to link, but it seems as if my recent screed against compressors has come back to haunt me yet again

yeah, same boat, not for me

Anyone know?: I see saturation is per band (low-mid-high), but is compression also adjustable per band?

• @oat_phipps said:
    Ya gotta be kidding me. A compressor. Ugh

Narrator - "And thus Jim's GAS was cured as he has enough compressors". 🤣

• i’m in. like the saturation and different compression options. looks cool!

• From what I can see it’s not “just a compressor”. Looks pretty interesting actually. 😎👍🏼

• No doubt it will be good, but Red Rock and TB MBC got me covered already.

• What does this offer someone who already has Tone Booster's Multi Band Compression? Not clear from the description, but I'll wait for some demos. One thing I don't see here is a spectrograph.

• @dokwok2 TB MB doesn't have multi-out, and this does.

• I was pretty close 😂😂😂😂😂

@Burner said:
    Ahh there she is 😌 🐍🐍

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fac-medusa/id1633097373

Documentation will be available at http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Medusa.html

• Definitely wins on looks. That UI design is wonderful. Not sure about the UX, though.

And I'm also not in the market for YA compressor.

• FAC apps are always awesome

Damn it’s like Wheel Of Fortune up in here haha

• edited September 2022

@Burner said:
    Ahh there she is 😌 🐍🐍

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fac-medusa/id1633097373

Documentation will be available at http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Medusa.html

I didn't look close enough at this screenshot before posting that I have enough compressors. This looks very special. I'm sold!

EDIT: I preordered. Monday can't come soon enough! 🤩

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited September 2022

The app description says "Offers In-App Purchases". I wonder what those might be?

I also noticed this. 😂

Age Rating
    9+
    Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes

I can agree that many of my efforts with compression have induced Mild Horror.

• @wim said:
    The app description says "Offers In-App Purchases". I wonder what those might be?

I also noticed this. 😂

Age Rating
    9+
    Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes

I can agree that some of my efforts with compression have resulted in Mild Horror.

LOL!

The IAPs are tips you can send Fred's way. 😊

• @Burner said:
    Not all Compressors are created equal!

Think of everything else Fred has created.

She may well be pretty but it’s how she sounds that will really set her apart 👍 🎛️ 🎧

To my ears all compressor sound the same. They sound like nothing. I spent a couple of weeks this summer practicing 15 minutes every day and still nothing. What’s the secret?

• @wim said:

Most likely it's the 'Tip Jar' like in most of the other FAC apps...
    ...really does feel like I've got way too many compressors already.

• this had so much hype xD

• So potentially an OTT with the added ability of saturation per band. Seems useful, and FAC apps all sound great, ill give it a run

• @ecou said:

@Burner said:

She may well be pretty but it’s how she sounds that will really set her apart 👍 🎛️ 🎧

To my ears all compressor sound the same. They sound like nothing. I spent a couple of weeks this summer practicing 15 minutes every day and still nothing. What’s the secret?

Sometimes you want them to sound like nothing. Sometimes you want to get aggressive with them (1176 all buttons in). Which compressors have you experimented with?

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

The upward compression (expansion) per band could be useful.

2) "Compression" In addition to the usual controls you may expect, FAC Medusa also provides two types of compression. Downward compression, which is obviously the most common, decreases the level of audio signal above the threshold. And also Upward compression which is less known, despite powerful, and increases the level of audio signal below the threshold. The compression can operate either on the SUM of the frequency bands (L+M+H) or on each frequency band coming from stage 1.

• edited September 2022

@wim said:
    The upward compression (expansion) per band could be very useful.

That would be similar to Toneboosters' MBC (Multi-Band Compressor) which was released not long ago. I bought it on both iOS and desktop and it's quite useful.

• @mtenk said:

@ecou said:

@Burner said:

Sometimes you want them to sound like nothing. Sometimes you want to get aggressive with them (1176 all buttons in). Which compressors have you experimented with?

The 1176 in Mixbox, Roughrider 3 and TB compressor. When I compare 2 tracks side by side I can sorta hear that the transient is reduced vs one that is not reduced. But that’s it.

• Does the Up Compression and Down Compression work simultaneously and is it similar to what OTT does?

• edited September 2022

@ecou said:

@mtenk said:

@ecou said:

@Burner said:

The 1176 in Mixbox, Roughrider 3 and TB compressor. When I compare 2 tracks side by side I can sorta hear that the transient is reduced vs one that is not reduced. But that’s it.

Ok…although a compressor can be used for shaping transients, that’s not typically it’s intended purpose. A transient shaper/designer is much better for that these days. I usually use compression to “level out” instruments or vocals so that they remain consistent. Or, in the case of multitracked live drums or a full mix, it’s usually used for “glueing together” the drums/mix. So, maybe you’re looking to use it for something that it’s not necessarily intended for and that’s why you can’t hear the difference? Or maybe you should push it further (and then dial it back)?

Since the 1176 is incredibly easy to use (and abuse) I’ll give you an example of how to hear it working. Grab a drum loop and throw it in your DAW. Slap the MixBox 1176 on it.

Press the ALL button underneath the ratio section.

Set the ATTACK all the way counterclockwise (slow attack).

Set the RELEASE all the way clockwise (fast release).

Adjust the INPUT until you’re hitting -5db to -7db.

Adjust the OUTPUT to taste.

You’ll hear it working 😁

This type of setting is generally not what you would want to set it to…BUT, on a room mic for live drums it can be really cool mixed in properly.

Side Note: the attack and release on an 1176 are reversed compared to what most compressors offer. Usually fast attack/release is counterclockwise and slow attack/release is clockwise.

• edited September 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Stuntman_mike said:

@Burner said:
    And…back to the excitement/speculation of…Medusa 🐍🐍🐍😀

Medusa always makes me think about the Polyend Medusa 🤩

Yeah I feel I have to buy it just to have my Medusa running through Medusa.

• @alexwasashrimp said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Burner said:
    And…back to the excitement/speculation of…Medusa 🐍🐍🐍😀

Medusa always makes me think about the Polyend Medusa 🤩

Yeah I feel I have to buy it just to have my Medusa running through Medusa.

A perfect couple 😂

• edited October 2022

Here is a Pre-Release look at the new FAC Medusa.
    Fred gave me his permission to show you this before its release.
    I was just like everyone else when I found out it was another compressor, I'm like I already have a load of compressors.
    Then I fired it up and I was then like....this is incredible, sounds like no other compressor, in fact, I actually said to Fred that it reminded me of the Elektron Analog Heat.
    You can do insane things to your sound with this, I'm not even exaggerating, it's bonkers.
    You can make it sound really sweet too, but that's not how I'm going to be using it.
    If you were on the fence about getting "just" another compressor this will probably tip you to the positive.
    I hope enjoy the video.