Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Medusa From Fred Anton Corvest

Comments

• @joniqwest said:
    Medusa is a Multi Band Dynamic Eq/ master buss compressor with vintage tape emulation channel strip. Of course I’m totally wrong 😎

Isn't that Bandit? 😄 FAC provides all the things.

• What a cool app name. :) Submitted for review! Can't wait to purchase it as I own all FAC apps to date.

• I feel like it might be multi delay lines with pitch shift ability.

• Not really Bandit but yeah B)

@auxmux said:

@joniqwest said:
    Medusa is a Multi Band Dynamic Eq/ master buss compressor with vintage tape emulation channel strip. Of course I’m totally wrong 😎

Isn't that Bandit? 😄 FAC provides all the things.

• yeah judging by the name i’d guess it’s a app where you send one signal in and then it splits that signal off into multiple signals, and those other signals can be pitch shifted, delayed, or routed to other apps? i don’t know that’s just my guess. i hope it’s right, and i hope it happens soon. sounds cool

• What’s the turnaround on app submission reviews these days? Been a while since I actually cared

• Fred was being snakey about that name.

• Maybe something that freezes the signal, like the BLEASS reverb

• If the app is a delay FX and the developer named it Medusa, I tip my hat to him for his poetic sensibility.
    In addition to Loopy Pro and Drambo, I would like to nominate it for KVR Audio Readers' Choice Awards. So please release it today or tomorrow. (The deadline is the end of September.)

• The hair of Medusa was turned into snakes, and when you looked at the head of Medusa you would turn into stone, so something with freezing the sound?

• @cuscolima said:
    Maybe something that freezes the signal, like the BLEASS reverb

Hmm. I think you might be onto something here.

• @NeuM said:

@cuscolima said:
    Maybe something that freezes the signal, like the BLEASS reverb

Hmm. I think you might be onto something here.

Maybe Medusa is FACs take on a 'granUlator' :sunglasses:
    So 'freeze' selected portions / frequency ranges of the input dissect it into smaller segments and mangle away feeding things back in time our delaying portions etc. etc.

I feel that Sugarbytes Looperator needs some competition to be honest.

• Remember though that Bandit has a - very nice - delay (as an iap if I remember?)

• @Gavinski said:
    Remember though that Bandit has a - very nice - delay (as an iap if I remember?)

No tellin how many times I’ve had to restore that purchase to get it to work in the AU.

I am hoping the new one features his patented “unique sober look”

• @oat_phipps s :) aid:

@Gavinski said:
    Remember though that Bandit has a - very nice - delay (as an iap if I remember?)

No tellin how many times I’ve had to restore that purchase to get it to work in the AU.

Ha! Tried to buy the IAPs last week... only to discover I'd already bought them. Bandit had forgotten I owned them too!

• @oat_phipps said:

@Gavinski said:

Yeah.... Very annoying but most likely unfixable for some reason, otherwise I'm sure he would have fixed it by now.

FAC Interfaces are among my faves on iOS. The resizing capabilities are astounding, text is never too small and they look great.

• @Gavinski said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Gavinski said:

Yeah.... Very annoying but most likely unfixable for some reason, otherwise I'm sure he would have fixed it by now.

FAC Interfaces are among my faves on iOS. The resizing capabilities are astounding, text is never too small and they look great.

Have people reported the IAP issue? A common reason for bugs not being addressed is developers either being unaware of issues (or being unaware that how widespread an issue is) or not being able to reproduce them.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Gavinski said:

Have people reported the IAP issue? A common reason for bugs not being addressed is developers either being unaware of issues (or being unaware that how widespread an issue is) or not being able to reproduce them.

Yes

• edited September 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Burner said:
    And…back to the excitement/speculation of…Medusa 🐍🐍🐍😀

Medusa always makes me think about the Polyend Medusa 🤩

• Perhaps a MIDI effect with multiple LFOs and something else…

• I have had this excellent song from the underappreciated indie band Helium in my head for some reason....

• edited September 2022

Ya gotta be kidding me. A compressor. Ugh

Release set for the 3rd.

• @oat_phipps said:

Release set for the 3rd.

really? fac this

• @Grandbear said:

@oat_phipps said:

Release set for the 3rd.

really? fac this

It’s up for preorder. Too lazy to link, but it seems as if my recent screed against compressors has come back to haunt me yet again

• edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @oat_phipps said:

@Grandbear said:

@oat_phipps said:

Release set for the 3rd.

really? fac this

It’s up for preorder. Too lazy to link, but it seems as if my recent screed against compressors has come back to haunt me yet again

yeah, same boat, not for me

• Hmm, it looks good per FAC's designs, and supports multi-out, but not what I expected. I'll probably still get it. I skipped some of other recent app releases, so it works out.

• Yea, wasn’t expecting that for some reason but it does have a preamp with saturation, a compressor, and parallel compression with a brick wall limiter.